1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, what is up with this

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by matuisgman, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Ok, what is up with this

I read an article, can I share the address?​

It is basiclly on the myth of romatic love. Which includes the whole idea of the 'right one'. The whole, they will fall into my arms.​

However love is a relationship that is worked on right.​

So, the whole 'waiting on God to show me' or 'praying to god to show me' seems to be the same bases for the 'right one'​

Now if one christian where to ask another christian out, what are the grounds for saying no if you really don't know the person. Not really friends, something turns you off alittle but you never bother to find out why.​

Then later they pick someone who fits them, and talks about maybe brining the relationship futher. Meaning, I am friends with this person, and they are doing what I do or on my spiritual level or what ever.​

I would think you talk about how the relationship has changed, not where you want it to go. Not really 'we are falling in love'​

Because if marrying is about a friendship relationship, why marry just be friends​

And yes, I know Paul wrote somewhere about marrying to keep from sin.​

Any thoughts​
  2. If one is not willing to sacrifice for love, to chase one's lover then one is not in love.

Love is- being willing to sacrifice something that you value for the better of a person without receiving in return.

The grounds for saying no are whatever they feel they will be. Let's read some of the scripture on love and how commitment works.

8 " 'Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness. I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you, declares the Sovereign LORD, and you became mine.

9 " 'I bathed [c] you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. 10 I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. 11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. 13 So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. 14 And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD.

As you can see, the public announcement of commitment (betrothal) appears to be important. Now days, the wedding vows have unwisely replaced this scriptural practice. As the engagement is often secret and can be revoked without divorce, it definitely is not betrothal anymore.

As for dating one person and not another- Later they will pick someone that they feel are more attractive. Pheromenes can play a part in this, or status. Everyone can say one thing, while making a decision based on another.

Falling in love plays a important part at the beginnig of a relationship.

Marrying is about being able to bear and raise children with this person, to always have them in your life not only as a friend- but as a lover you want to be with as well.

Read the Gospels immediately before reading Paul or we will put the cart before the horse.
  3. Marriage is about much ,much more than just freindship.
    Marriage is the very first relationship/ institution, created by God for Man. It come before the the family, the church, freindship, all forms of government, before community, before society. Marriage is (or at least supposed to be) a shaddowing (example) before the world of God's relationship with the church.
    Marriage (as God intended) is the foundation of the family unit. Marriage is a covenent(That is a holy contract) between God, a man and a woman. It involves freindship, commitment, integrity, intimacy, honesty, sincerity, openness, truth, discernment, sacrifice, and contains elements of brotherly love, erotic love, and unconditional love. Marriage is a relationship second only to the relationship between God and the individual. Marriage is sacred, holy, and when entered into rightously honors God and when trivialized it disohonors those in it and God.
    A marriage is a refection of ones relationship with God.

In His Name