1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

OK people, new thread!

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by adoptivemommy, Oct 27, 2008.

1. OK people, new thread!

Hi!

I'm always interested in finding out more about the members here! Since I'm not exactly the shy, introverted type(yes, I know, shocking isn't it?...), I don't mind telling people stuff about myself, so I am inviting you to do the same. On the "Family" forum there is a mommy survey I loved and just completed so I thought I would start a new one on marriages. It's easy, just answer the questions in the survey! Oh, if you're not married you can still contribute if you want to by telling us about your parents' marriage, or your grandparents or another couple you know and like their story! Your choice. OK, here's the survey and I'll start:

1. How long have you been married?
    12 years in December

2. Where did you and your sweetheart meet?

My hubby and I met in church

3. How did you and your sweetheart meet?
    OK, this is a long one for me, but I'll try to make it brief by just telling you about how he met me:D. Like I said we were going to the same church and he saw me in the church choir. One Sunday before church he was on a morning jog and he told the Lord he was ready for marriage but he did not want to become another statistic so if I was the girl for him, he asked the Lord to have someone introduce me to him that day, then he would invite me to lunch and we'd go from there. He came to church and before services he started a conversation with a man that was standing in the isle, thinking he was a new-comer at church. They struck up a conversation but little did he know that the man he was talking to actually knew me! In fact, this man and his wife had sort of adopted me into their family when I first came to the states. So, as he was talking to this man I showed up, the man introduced us and my hubby almost passed out realizing that God had just answered his prayer. So he asked me to lunch and 7 weeks from that day we had our wedding!

4. How many kids do you and your sweetheart have and how old they are?
    We have 2 little girls both adopted. They are both 2 yrs old, and they are 3 months apart.

5. Among all the wonderful moments in your marriage so far, give us one that really stands out in your memory.
    My husband truly is a great and godly man, so I have a lot of wonderful moments to choose from but one of them really warmed my heart. About 4 years ago when I was still working outside the home I decided to get a different hair cut that was super modern. The next day when I woke up to get ready for work I realized I hated the hair cut! Not only I was upset about that but I was also very sick and in a lot of pain, so I started crying while I was getting ready. My hubby came in the bathroom and hugged me and I finally made it out the door. About a couple of hours after I got to work, my husband walked in with a red rose bud in a crystal vase and a card and said he wanted to cheer me up because I wasn't feeling good and I was so upset! Awww....

6. Tell us one thing that you absolutely LOVE about your sweetheart, whether it's a physical or character trait or both.
    My hubby is a handsome man, but I really love his smile and hands. As far as his character, there are a lot of things I love about him but if I was to pick one it would be his selflessness with me and our daughters.

6. If you could give just one or two pointers to someone getting married what would you tell them about how to make a marriage work?
    First I'd say that they always need to remember there are 3 people in the marriage: them and Jesus. Then I would say that one of the most important things to making a marriage work is making a decision to accept your spouse where they are now, even if there are things about them you'd like to see changed. Loving your spouse through thick and thin and praying and trusting God for the things you don't like to change will ensure a happy marriage.

OK, there it is, the marriage survey! Who's next?:)

Laura:)

2. 1. How long have you been married?

We have been married for 42 years

At church

We were both involved in an outreach ministry for the church

Our son is 38 and married with 2 children

Our daughter is 36 and married with a son and 2 step-daughters

5. Among all the wonderful moments in your marriage so far, give us one that really stands out in your memory

Hard to say there have been so many but prob the birth of our first child.

6. Tell us one thing that you absolutely LOVE about your sweetheart, whether it's a physical or character trait or both

Her integrity. She is someone who says what she means, does what she says and loves the Lord with all her heart. She has a real love for people that expresses itself in parctical ways.

3. 1. How long have you been married?

We have been married for 30 years

She came over my apartment with a group of mutual friends

It was in that same apartment (I had a room mate) that she ahd come over with friends. I put my key in the door and it opened only part of the way as it had a chain style door lock still on it- through that gap I saw this beautiful angel dressed in pink.

Our son is 38 and married with 2 children

Our daughter is 25 and has given us one grandson. My sons are 18 and 16 and are excellent young men of God.

5. Among all the wonderful moments in your marriage so far, give us one that really stands out in your memory

Every day I get to hold her in my arms

6. Tell us one thing that you absolutely LOVE about your sweetheart, whether it's a physical or character trait or both

That would be difficult. Sure she is pretty, sure she is sweet. Sure she goads me on the right path and keeps me seeking the Master. If I had to pick one thing it might be her tender and compassionate heart. Or it could be her ability to find pleasure in even the simplest things in life.