1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Not a question, but advise.

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Tarantula, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Not a question, but advise.

Though I am only 19, and for good reasons not yet married, I can give one good piece of advise for the idea of real commitment, marriage, becoming one in the flesh is a big deal, because it's irreversible. Some say unfaithfulness breaks a marriage, but Moses (I believe it was Moses) said this was a made up excuse to get out of the commitment and that nothing breaks that bond except for death itself.
    Anyway, my point is, I was told a few years ago, an old proverb, by my ex-girlfriend (how ironic) which went "Don't marry the person you can live with. Marry the person you can't live without". This is only regarding the love side of the relationship, obviously not the spiritual side, because it was an ancient Chinese proverb, however it speaks wise words. Marriage is a one way ticket. It's all about whether you're in pain when apart, or more happy together. If it's the first one, it could well be the person you are looking for. However, spiritually, it is someone who can build you up, and you build up. If only one was happening, it'd be like leaning on a wall that's constantly being made, so that you can build another wall. Uh :israel:< is that smiley waving the Israeli flag? Sorry a tangent. Anyway, I believe this also applies for normal relationships, not just marriage. In fact, I do have a question, but I'll ask it in another thread.
  2. Nice! Thanks for the encouragement. I have been married 30 years this year and I find I am more in love with my wife everyday. This of course takes alot of work on both our parts. Like a fire it needs to be tended, nourished and cared for.
  3. I hope only to encourage. Even questions are made to reconfirm a person's belief through questioning it, rather than doubting it, through questioning.