Noahic Covenant

we should still refrain from blood as the Apostles said. but also for our own health because many diseases are around now. and life of the flesh is in the blood. it's like you are eating life of someone...

You know , Rams .... I am leaning that way now since we had all those scares of virus from a huge meat company here. There were people who died from that virus.

dusty...those meat laws were for the Jewish nation...they no longer apply...that was the whle point of peters vision on the roof...God was telling him there are no clean or unclean foods any more...just the same way gentiles are no longer unclean.

Thanks Techie. I guess common sense in all is the best policy.

Maple company, I know.. but still this is the law from God.
people take it as a law and forbidden and authority etc.. I take it as He's watching over me and my health and all of us with His authority.

people take it as a law and forbidden and authority etc.. I take it as He's watching over me and my health and all of us with His authority.

Amen Rams . And we should use discernment and common sense that God gave us . And in all these foods ..... Moderation is the key.

Ramsey...do you keep all 613 of the Jewish laws? if not why not? how do you get to pick and chose which laws to follow? (these are geniune questions I am not being facitcious or irreverant or anything)

I knew someone was going to ask me this question.

the worst part is you are participating in this thread and you fail to recognize where I got that from.

Acts 15:18-20 “Known to God from eternity are all His works.19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

and I even stated before on page 1
"we should still refrain from blood as the Apostles said. but also for our own health because many diseases are around now. and life of the flesh is in the blood. it's like you are eating life of someone..."

many many of the Laws are about sacrificing animals as atonement for sins, peace. etc..

All of these are now found in Christ since He is the sacrifice now and that excludes many of the 613 laws.

There are plenty of laws that are great to follow. such as the blood for instance, not meat, but blood. such as to not interbreed animals or seeds, you know what happens when we do! not healthy! and the mother can die.
to love your neighbor, to not deal falsely, to not cheat. etc.. all of these are found in Love your neighbor as yourself. Old testament goes into detail. Jesus magnifies its meaning.

etc... Christ did not come to abolish but to fulfill. Don't follow the world. Follow Christ. What He has modified we follow, what He did not change that is what we should also follow if we are in the truth, if we're ignorant of it, then it is fine. God forgives.

I knew someone was going to ask me this question.

the worst part is you are participating in this thread and you fail to recognize where I got that from.

Acts 15:18-20 “Known to God from eternity are all His works.19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood.

and I even stated before on page 1
"we should still refrain from blood as the Apostles said. but also for our own health because many diseases are around now. and life of the flesh is in the blood. it's like you are eating life of someone..."

Rams .... That was the original passage that I was referring to because it says for the Gentiles , but as I now understand it more . That was for the converted Gentiles in that era and time because a lot of them were into things that were not acceptable like the drinking of blood etc .

Now as I understand it more .... we are free from that and as Techie pointed out , Peter was offered all the animals in the vision he had from God .

So to me .... yes the blood is significant of the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross ... we still need to revere the sanctity of the "Blood"

Ewwwww.... Nasty.:eek::eek:

Dusty You don't have to worry about eating meat. God is talking about the consumption of Blood. We butcher the animals and drain out the blood. Of course there is a trace but that cannot be helped. Most of what comes out of the meat when its cooked is not blood but juice, water. Cooking dehydrates the meat.
Frankly being vegetarian is not healthy, and we need the proteins in the meat to help us stand against the enemy's attacks. Sound funny? Ok laugh. It is true though. I learned that from a Christian doctor long ago, though I cannot say how he came by that.

Have you all heard of this covenant ? The scripture is found in Genesis 9:1-17.

The covenant is talking about the sanctity of blood . The blood represnts life. Man must revere the blood.

Now my question arises from Acts.15:20 where I know that we are of the new covenant but it states we are to abstain from food polluted by idols, , from sexual imorality, from meat of strangled animals and from the blood.

Does that mean that we as the Gentiles should refrain from eating meat that has blood in it . ? I never saw this before so it brought this to light.

Take a look at all the different covenants in the bible that God made with someone. Every single one of them is "for an everlasting covenant" So the covenant goes down the line of the man the covenant was made with. The Abrahamic covenant applies to us because we are Abraham's seed. The Noahic covenant comes down to us today as well.
I just threw this in because I think its really cool. The things that God promised Noah are our today as well. Abraham is Noah's seed and we are Abrahams seed. We are the family that the covenant was made with. Its all ours. Ours to live and ours to live in.
So Yes. We should refrain from consuming blood. It does not talk about blood in meat but blood. I have personally seen people butcher and animal, catch the blood in a cup and drink it. This is what God is talking about. Do not drink the blood. Do not consume the life. God is life and it belongs to Him

Thanks Deni . That does make it more clear. :D This book makes similar statements as well.

I just want to quote from the Pentateuch by L. Thomas Holdcroft .

" The Noahic Covenant firmly sets forth the principle of the sanctity of blood . God looks upon it in a sense as that which belongs to Him. God taught that blood represented life, and even the life of an animal derives from God and ultimately is His possession. When man kills an animal he is touching God's property , and he must revere the blood . By this covenant , God made the matter of abstaining from blood a matter of morals "

In Acts 15: 20 also He separated His people from vicious and defiling heathen practices such as drinking the blood of one's victim. "

Me too :dance::dance::dance:

dancehappy.gif

Back