No Longer a Christian

Discussion in 'College and Youth' started by Kayte, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I talk to God. I believe that he listens mostly because when I talk to him I can decide between alternatives.

My boyfriend's mother talks to God. She, like me, has a continual conversation with God, but she actually talks so you can hear her side of the conversation. Like for example, she drops a spoon into the garbage disposal, so that she needs to call a plumber. "Oye, Lord, yah couldna waited till the weekend."

My conversations are silent, but really intense. Especially during mass, I'm presenting my case, and suddenly my brother is hugging me during the sign of peace.

:)

2. In case you missed my prior post: http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/no-longer-a-christian.41138/#post-382639

God is always speaking to His creation through these witnesses; as far as an 'audible voice' well that is a topic that I would say from my own personal experience is possible: but is not the norm. And I am sure some here would argue against this statement. I have no problem with that.

The fact is God works through people to reach other people; that is why He established the Church. We are are living in an 'age of faith through grace'. Unfortunately; the church is made up of fallible humans in a fallen world. And as we degenerate to the point of where our society is 'as in the days of Noah'; more corruption and sin permeate not only the world-but the Church as well. Not by the fault of God; but by the failing of mankind's faith.

We are speaking to you now...it is by your own faith as to whether or not you will listen. You are growing up in a 'do what you want to do/ do what feels good' culture: it is anti-Christ.

From Pieces To Peace, Waggles and Kayte says Amen and like this.
  3. #23 KingJ, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Kayte I actually think you are closer to God now then before. Many in church will be in hell Matt 7:22. We make the assumption that God is against us jumping ship, running away and asking too many questions. It is quite laughable since God gave us our brains, the time and freedom to do such.

Just on your issues raised. Let's use raw common sense.

1. Atheism = Most of my atheist friends have gone agnostic. ''There is no God, there is no God, there is no God''. Wake up in the morning. Amazing sun shining. Amazing heart is beating. Amazing fresh air to breathe in. Stand in front of mirror and look at how awesome they are. Using a totally awesome brain to do that and bam... the reality of simply being frustrated, hurt, irritated, hateful, desire to hide from God because deeds bug conscience, kicks in.

2. Other religions = Of course we can't say people in other religions go to hell. If anyone is still alive whether Christian, atheist or other religion, we can only deduce that God still has hope for them. The raw common sense reality however is that there are those who are drawing closer to God and then those that are drawing away from Him. So the million dollar question becomes, how do we draw closer to God and how do we draw away from Him? Is it a different religion or a belief in atheism...of course not! We draw away from God when we love what He hates John 3:19. We draw closer to God by hating what He hates Rom 12:9 and 2. repenting of our sin Psalm 51:17. We serve God when we make a firm decision to put what pleases God above our own desires. Jesus is pretty clear on this in Matt 16:24 Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. The reason people don't find God / God doesn't speak to them is because they are living for themselves. Pride, selfishness and hard heart is at enmity with God because He is humble, selfless and soft hearted.

Hating and repenting of sin can be done by anyone on the planet. When anyone does that, God finds them James 4:8. When God finds them, He reveals Himself to them as Jesus 1 Cor 12:3. Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Praying for you!

autumn oddity and Kayte say Amen and like this.
  4. Hey!!

I'm not sure if you still log on anymore, but I just wanted to add a little to the thread you've started. Though I'm not born in a Christian family, I had shared this belief, and the current thoughts you're having. And you know what? It's okay. It's perfectly normal to have doubts. I have gone through periods of belief and unbelief alike, but I think at the end of the day it's important to remember that your actions would count more than your thoughts. For if you profess to believe in God but your actions go against some or all of what He's said... then it'd be better that you don't declare your belief. At the end of the day [and my long rambles ;)], God loves you and knows what you think and do, both in public and in private.

As for your issue regarding Christian's behavior towards homosexuals, may I ask why? Is it sympathy or empathy that fuels your discontent? I've had issues with it in the past (sometimes in the present too) because I've always felt like homosexuals are individuals born the way they are and it's not fair to discriminate against them for their lifestyle. Lately though, I still feel bad for a lot of churches' hard/harsh stance against them, but it comes with newfound understanding too. Even if they were born with that inclination as it is so claimed, realize that God's word remains unchanging. You can love and defend the homosexuals, but would you defend their lifestyle? Hate the sin and love the sinner; it means that I can love them as a friend, but I don't have to approve of their bed partner. And as a friend, they don't need my approval either. ;)

Like you, I believe in a higher power, and sometimes am tempted not to believe in anything at all. Yet, what is there to life then? What happens after death; what are we really living for, if not to better ourselves? That's something that I think religion helps us with - seeing different ways to bring about changes. I wish you all the very best in your personal journey and may you discover the path that you're supposed to be on and keep strong. :)

5. #25 Waggles, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Because no other religion has the history of miracles, transformed lives, signs and wonders that the name of Jesus has.
    Answered prayer and the miraculous are confirmation of the true God who was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven.
    No other religion founder - Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, Vishnu, etc, died and and experienced resurrection to glory.
    Furthermore you can test the Truth of the gospel for yourself _
    Mar 16: 15-20 KJV
    And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. [that's water baptism and Holy Spirit baptism]
    And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
    So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
    And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

This is still happening today. People are being baptized of water and the Spirit. They have their bondage to sins cast out; they become born again > new person in Jesus > they have testimonies to their old life, and their new transformed life. True believers speak in tongues (praying in the Holy Spirit). We experience divine protection and safety in many situations. If we are harmed or injured, or sick we pray for miracles and healings in confidence. Spirit-filled Christians have thousands of testimonies to miracles, healings and answered prayer.
    Jesus confirms his gospel of truth by continuing to give the same signs and wonders as in the early church centuries ago.

http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/TESTIMONY POSTERS/TESTIMONY Posters/Catherine, Hobart, Australia.pdf

http://miracles.areonthe.net/TESTIMONY Collection/TESTIMONY POSTERS/TESTIMONY Posters/Edna Pukai, POM, PNG.pdf

KingJ and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  6. Cturtle likes this.
    Thank you :) I also have a testimony to being born again. A lifetime of sin and pleasures ending up in addictions and bondage to my corrupt nature and circumstances. Then on one afternoon, one month after being water baptized, I burst out in tongues. I knew for myself that Jesus is my God. That the Bible is true. That my faith in him is true and confirmed. It was transforming and full of joy.
    That very day I went home a new man, with a new heart and a new purpose in life. And Jesus, through the Holy Ghost, instantly healed my body from 20+ years of cigarettes and marijuana addiction; from alcohol dependency, from putting a needle up my arm. Jesus also healed my kidneys that were bleeding, healed my smokers' lungs, healed my mind, my soul (the inner man).
    18 years later I am still healed, and rejoicing, and praying in the Holy Ghost, and witnessing to people often using my testimony and the testimonies of so many other saints. No shortage of dramatic testimonies to being born again. (y)
    Yes, it is our job to go out and tell others; before God shuts the door.

autumn oddity and KingJ say Amen and like this.
  7. God truly does perform wonders.
    Praise Jesus! :)

8. So did you ever believe John 3:16?

9. Kayte, no one is a born Christian, even if raised in a Christian home. Everyone who is born again needs to have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ, and to accept Him as his Saviour and Lord. It appears that you may have never had that life-changing experience, and that is why you have taken on these thoughts and attitudes about faith in Jesus Christ as being something foreign or questionable. Christianity is not a religion so much as it is a personal relationship with Jesus.

CCW95A and Waggles say Amen and like this.
  10. Euphemia! WASSUP?! I haven't seen you in a long time.

Euphemia likes this.
  11. I'm baaaack!!!
    [​IMG]

KingJ likes this.
  12. Who is a Christian? Verses from the KJV, Matt: 7
    This what the Lord Jesus Christ says:
    [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

13. I am a 62 year old son of a rocket scientist. My upbringing took science very seriously, and I take science seriously. The Lord drew me to Him through the sciences. There are areas of thought I have not come to terms with, but just because I have not worked it out doesn't mean it can't be worked out. For a Christian, science is the study of the universe that the Lord made. Just as one can study a painter by studying his art, you can learn about God by studying His work.
    I would encourage you to continue to search your heart. Many of the greatest believers have gone through periods of doubt. The Lord loves you and may be teaching you something about yourself and how you must relate to Him. Sometimes continuing in prayer, even when you do not feel He is listening produces a wonderful understanding when His Spirit eventually pours blessings into your life.

I would also encourage you to seek the advice of strong Christian friends or Pastor.
    Keep your Bible close. Read it often, even if you do not see the point.

Euphemia likes this.
  14. Hi Kayte!

I just wanted to share a few words in hopes you might gain a better understanding.

First, you can go to church all your life, sing in the choir, read your Bible every night, fast twice a week, prayer before every meal, give all you own to the homeless, be kind to every person you meet, and give all of yourself to loving other people, but none of this would make you a Christian. Saying a creed, repeating a prayer, or making an intellectual agreement with doctrine has no part in the salvation of souls. You may have thought yourself a Christian, but your decision to turn away proves that your faith was not a true one.

Second, a true Christian has a supernatural faith in the Truth. This faith doesn't come from reasoning or earthly wisdom, but is entirely a gift from God. You may have "thought" yourself Christian, but until you have that supernatural faith, you are only a child of darkness. Jesus spoke in John 3 about being "born-again". Being born again is the process by which the Holy Spirit of God enlightens your soul to have faith in the Truth. Without being born again, your "faith" is nothing more than an agreement of terms and the nodding of a head. Until you have that true faith that comes from God, you will never understand why we believe what we do. To the world what we believe is foolishness and makes no sense, but to the children of God who have been brought to the light Jesus Christ, it is perfectly clear and there is no doubt.

Third, Christians are not perfect in the flesh. We may be saved children of God but we still live in sinful bodies subject to death. We struggle against our dead nature and can act pretty sinful sometimes. The difference between a Christian and an Agnostic or anyone else is that Christians have the Truth brought to light in their hearts, and a salvation and knowledge from God only he can provide.

Reading all of that, I ask you this question. Do you believe God? Do you believe Christ? Do you want the salvation he provides? If so, all you need to do is come and drink freely from the fountain of Life.

Again, I did not write this to argue or discuss, only to tell you the Truth. In Jesus Christ the son of God is life everlasting. It is your choice if you will reject him or not. You can spend your life pleasing your flesh and believeing whatever it is you think is best, but God made us only for himself and for the Truth he has for us. You can walk in darkness and chaos, or light and order. Death or Life. Adam or Christ. Doubt or Faith. Fear or Love. Sin or Salvation. Make a choice, and I pray God helps you make the right one. Without him, we are nothing.

Waggles likes this.
  15. John 4:9-15
    Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?
    for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
    Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink;
    thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
    The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
    Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
    Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
    But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him
    a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
    The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.
    John 4: 23-24
    But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
    for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    John 7: 38-39
    He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given;
    because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

16. AS to ask a question: There are so many religions, how do you know yours is right?
    If you look at the other major religions, if Christianity can be boxed as a religion, the others have a lot of things pointing to the desires of the person practicing the religion. For example, one believes, when you die after living a good life you get 67 wide eyed virgins, or is that 76? So it points to a lust around self. The other has gods for luck and wealth in your earthly life, now where does that point to, your lusty self.
    So then, who is god there? Let me help, the answer is your lusty self. So if your actions/requirements/rewards are about your lusty self, then who is the god in your religion. No one but yourself.
    Christians are called to a life of submission to God, and self sacrifice. To love and follow His commandments, not your own.
    We are not submitting to self, but to God Himself. That is proof enough of a true God.

Waggles likes this.
  17. I find what I bolded and underlined to be slightly insulting....

doing those things is what sets/makes a Christian a Christian...

I understand that some might do these things because theyre being forced by family members....(if that's the case then I feel you wouldn't really be a Christian... b/c its not coming from your heart)

But I feel life and circumstances can push a Christian to the edge sometimes.. and they may stop.....
    they just need some time to get back on their feet.. that doesn't mean theyre not a Christian... they just need encouragement, and help..

18. At the end of the day you must ask yourself this, am I more worried about offending man or God? The answer is easy for me, I choose God.

I understand you're hurting, and sometimes the truth can hurt.
    I want to say this in a kind way out of love so I'll try... Homosexuality is a sin. Mixing races is not as I think it was moses who had an interracial relationship.

Its okay to have times of doubt, I think we all do, but being a Christian is a conscious decision we have to make.
    With God there is not middle ground, its all for Him, or all for the devil.

In the end just because something someone does is sinful, does not mean we hate them, but we love them enough to stand up and correct them.
    If you love somebody truly loved them, and cared about their eternal destination you would warn them right? I guess this is how I feel.

Please don't take this as rude, but as a Christian my job is to speak in truth AND love.

I pray God removes the blinders from your eyes, and speaks to your heart.

19. When I see an eclipse I say how is it that the moon is exactly the right size and right distance to cover the Sun,
    how can Israel as a nation cease to exist in 70AD and then pop up in 1948,
    how can the Bible exist as a manuscript written by so many different people yet in cohesion,
    how do so many Christians in every part of the world experience financial blessings, healings, miracles?
    why are there 100,000,000 chinese converted to Christianity? edging to 160 million.
    Only a brain dead person believes in evolution or that they will not be accountable for their sins, unless they believe in Jesus,
    why is that man so famous and accounted such fame from every walk of human existence and generation?
    Islam is a tiny little primitive desert tribal religion trying to jump on the Jewish / Christian wagon without even an idea of what God is like or who He is.
    The day of the Lord is coming quickly, not 50 years, not 40 years, maybe not even 20 years from now.
    My advice to you is don't live in New York or rome or LA or houson or montreal or London or any major city, they will be toast.

Euphemia likes this.
  20. Ask those of other religions to show you what there God has done for them and for others.
    Ask a born again Christian the same question.........any more idea's ....lol
    Seriously Being A Christian is a relationship with thee most High God who is not only alive and all powerful but is NOT afraid to show the world that He is the Great I am.

When someone in another religion gets sick or hurt and nothing can be done and then goes to an old fashion tent meeting and gets healed........well which one is real ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.