1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Next Sunday Scool lesson: The parables of JESUS

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Flavio, Mar 24, 2016.

1. I already have a subject for my next lesson - Jesus' Parables - but I still need ideas for activities.

There are 46 parables in the Bible, we're only going to read 3 or 4. Which ones would you recommend? (The Prodigal Son is a must, of course)

Any ideas for activities related to this subject?

Thanks in advance, guys!
  2. A couple of good ones for kids. At least something my daughter likes :D
    Parable of good Samaritan. Parable of pharisee and tax collector.
    Flavio likes this.
  3. Yes, we are definitely going to have The Good Samaritan. It's beautiful and timeless.

Here are the four selected parables, I chose them because of their simplicity and comprehensibility (I'm working with 12 y.o. kids, I have to keep things simple):

a) The Good Samaritan (tolerance)

b) The Prodigal Son (God is merciful)

c) The persistent widow (never stop praying)

d) The dry fig tree (faith can move mountains - and dry fig trees! :D :D )

They're going to read the original parables (using AndBible) and fill in the blanks. Then, they're going to fill in a table with the meaning of each parable. Finally, a more thought-provoking question on The Prodigal Son: who do the characters of the parable represent?