Next Sunday Scool lesson: The parables of JESUS

I already have a subject for my next lesson - Jesus' Parables - but I still need ideas for activities.

There are 46 parables in the Bible, we're only going to read 3 or 4. Which ones would you recommend? (The Prodigal Son is a must, of course)

Any ideas for activities related to this subject?

Thanks in advance, guys!

I already have a subject for my next lesson - Jesus' Parables - but I still need ideas for activities.

There are 46 parables in the Bible, we're only going to read 3 or 4. Which ones would you recommend? (The Prodigal Son is a must, of course)

Any ideas for activities related to this subject?

Thanks in advance, guys!
A couple of good ones for kids. At least something my daughter likes :D
Parable of good Samaritan. Parable of pharisee and tax collector.

A couple of good ones for kids. At least something my daughter likes :D
Parable of good Samaritan. Parable of pharisee and tax collector.

Yes, we are definitely going to have The Good Samaritan. It's beautiful and timeless.

Here are the four selected parables, I chose them because of their simplicity and comprehensibility (I'm working with 12 y.o. kids, I have to keep things simple):

a) The Good Samaritan (tolerance)

b) The Prodigal Son (God is merciful)

c) The persistent widow (never stop praying)

d) The dry fig tree (faith can move mountains - and dry fig trees! :D :D )

They're going to read the original parables (using AndBible) and fill in the blanks. Then, they're going to fill in a table with the meaning of each parable. Finally, a more thought-provoking question on The Prodigal Son: who do the characters of the parable represent?

Back