Hi dashrendar88 and welcome. Perhaps it is not unsual to have some doubts as thgat is part of human nature. Just focus on the things that brought you to Jesus in the first place. It was the conviction He palced in your soul to recognize both your need for salvation and your need for His love to make your life whole. There is nothing like walking with Jesus and His love is overwhelming- if that is what your heart truly desires then you must develope your relationship with Him just like you would with anyone else. Spend time talking to Him, spend time reading the Word of God ( preferably starting in the New Testament). Go to a bible believing church and learn His ways, you will never be the same. You are in my prayers, your brother Larry

Hey there,Dasrendar! Can I call you Larry, too?
Doubt is a normal process for new believers. Dont beat yourself over the head about it, ok? Like Boanerges said, get involved in a church, in bible study. And remember, you are no longer the enemy's and he wants you back! He will fill your head with doubts and other thoughts. Dont listen to them. There is a scripture verse (when I remember or find it again, I'll give it to you ) that says whatever is pure, lovely, of a good report, think of these things. And what else is more lovely than the fact of salvation or the love of God? Welcome to the family of God!

Hey there,Dasrendar! Can I call you Larry, too?
Doubt is a normal process for new believers. Dont beat yourself over the head about it, ok? Like Boanerges said, get involved in a church, in bible study. And remember, you are no longer the enemy's and he wants you back! He will fill your head with doubts and other thoughts. Dont listen to them. There is a scripture verse (when I remember or find it again, I'll give it to you ) that says whatever is pure, lovely, of a good report, think of these things. And what else is more lovely than the fact of salvation or the love of God? Welcome to the family of God!

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8 NKJV

--------------------------------------
dashrendar88~
Having doubt is how we "fight the good fight of faith" (1 Tim. 6:12) because its doubt that we fight... not each other or our enemies (natural or spiritual) but doubt's assault on our soul (mind, will, emotions). This is where you put to work the word/truth that you know.

BO (Larry) and Fluffy are spot on - talk to Him, hear from Him (particularly through reading His Word), go to church and fellowship with like-minded people. These things help to encourage you in your faith and help you to stir the gift that is within you!

BB

104495tjdzsz4obu.gif

and welcome im sure youll find lots of help here

so what exactly doubting?

Back