New theology

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree:) but there is a reason why Jesus said even the elect would be deceived...now who are the elect?now to my understanding the elect are the strongest,more experienced christians...just be carefull my friends:)

Ok, lets take a more positive outlook on this thread.

All false teachings attack a number of things about Jesus Christ.

> His deity is attacked
> His claims to be the messiah are attacked or denied
> His physical body is sometimes denied
> The events concerning his second coming are denied, disputed or twisted.

Lets start with His deity. We all know and acknowledge that Jesus is God Himself in a human body.

Lets see what Jesus said about Himself.

1. Jesus has the authority to forgive sin. Mathew 9:6
2. Jesus has intimate knowledge of God. Mathew 11:27
3. Jesus has all authority in heaven and earth. Mathew 28:18
4. Jesus is eternal. Mathew 28:20
5. Jesus has always been and created all things. John 1:1-3
6. Jesus came in the flesh (physical body) and demonstrated the glory of God. John 1:14
7. Jesus knows everything about us. John 1: 47-48
8. Jesus is all knowing. John 2. 24-25
9. Jesus has the power to heal. John 5: 1-19
10. Jesus gives eternal life. John 5: 21-25
11. Jesus is the door to eternal life. John 10:9
12. Jesus is God. John 10:27-33
13. Jesus and the Father (God) are the same. John 14: 6-11
14. Jesus rose in a physical body and was still God. John 20: 27-28
15. Jesus is the Messiah. John 20:31

From this it is pretty clear who Jesus is, so any teaching that moves away from this foundation is then false and antichrist in nature.

I agree:)
Jesus' teachings are also attacked for eg people won't take a whole verse or a chapter and look for the message, rather they'll take 5 words from the verse that sounds nice but has got nothing to do with the true message...
For eg the message will talk on things we will recieve in heaven but we are taught we will recieve them on earth...
many of Gods people will live in poverty but when they leave this earth they will live in Glory!!!
Peace:)

I have recently come across an interesting subject.

The bible tells us that as the end harvest approaches that evil will increase upon the earth. I think we can all witness to this.

There are new theologies which now apparently appose this teaching.

They are called 'Manifest Sons of God' or 'Kingdom now' theologies. Does anybody have any information on these theologies as I am struggling to find reliable resources.

Hello,
"Manifest Sons of God!" "Kingdom now!"
Maybe you need not heed any little bit to this. Lets call it 'junk'. They should actually labour or even seek to pay to have your attention.-and still fail. There are to rise up more of such, who would even have a performing faith.

i agree:) but there is a reason why Jesus said even the elect would be deceived...now who are the elect?now to my understanding the elect are the strongest,more experienced christians...just be carefull my friends:)
oogii Jesus did not say that if you read the whole verse.

math 24:24 Jesus says if it is possible even the elect will be deceived... i'm not sure if its possible but i think so:)who the elect are i dont know... i apologise for my above post...

You have nothing to apologize for. Do you know that in pre WW2 Germany much of the Chruch supported Hitler. He stood for righteousness in a corrupt society, he said all the right things and won the nations heart. All the while he was a wolf in sheeps clothing and it was only after he got the power he sought that people noticed his fangs.
In truth if we stay close to our Lord we will hear His voice and not follow another (red emphasis mine):
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Joh 10:1 Truly, truly, I say to you, He who does not enter into the sheepfold by the door, but going up by another way, that one is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he who enters in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 The doorkeeper opens to him, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he puts forth his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him. For they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And they will not follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:6 Jesus spoke this parable to them, but they did not understand what it was which He spoke to them.
Joh 10:7 Then Jesus said to them again, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by Me, he shall be saved and shall go in and out and find pasture.
Joh 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come so that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Joh 10:11 I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12 But he who is a hireling and not the shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and runs away. And the wolf catches them and scatters the sheep.
Joh 10:13 The hireling flees, because he is a hireling and does not care for the sheep.
Joh 10:14 I am the Good Shepherd, and I know those that are Mine, and I am known by those who are Mine.

Our calling is to stay close to theMasters heart and listen to His voice There is no fear in that and He has promised us this-

Joh 10:28 And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.

thanks:) i've seen all those verses but i do think there is a lot of false things,people,lies and deception in christianity leading people astray and away but i've realised that its not my job to pick them out thanks to you guys:)

You should pick them out for yourself! always! don't for one second think that you should let others do the job for you!
Learn to discern, it will save you your life. Ask God to give you that power, He will !! It's one of the most important Christian gifts. As you grow in faith you will experience it more :) it's amazing.

When others warn us then that's a blessing from God, the wicked is revealed by Truth. Amen

Now I'm someone who believes that when someone is truly saved and preaches the same way that the apostle preached, then they will never fall away from the Faith into another Faith. Maybe stumble but remain in the faith.

During this research God has revealed one thing to me which has given me peace. We are not to put our trust in man, if we do we will eventually fail because they will eventually fail. We are to put our trust in God and God alone.

I will continue to do research into this theology but I will put more focus on drawing nearer to God everyday. If I focus more on God it will be harder for satan to decieve.

I have gone to some of these ministries official websites, some of their statements of faith are without blemish, some do not have statements of faith. They all seem to mention the same names, so it appears that there is a bunch of them (mostly American) that are clinging to this theology and promoting it with great success amongst the pentecostal and charasmatic churches in the US and UK. They have made numerous prophecies (none which I have seen fulfilled) mostly promising of a great army of God arising on the earth in the last days which obviously appeals to peoples desires to be part of something great. Their prophecies all exclude Israel in endtime prophecy and only concentrate on the USA and some other first world countries, but mostly the USA. They also seem to confirm each others ministries and copy from each other with very little input from outside proven and dependable minsitries. If they do, I have obviously missed it.
If this is Gods will then it will happen, but I am not going to rely on their ministries to be part of Gods will. I am going to concentrate on the things God is doing in my life right now. I am not going to stand on the hill tops shouting at the enemy, I am going to go down into the valley and fight him with the power God has given me.

The church needs to realise that we dont need to wait for any great army, we are all required to get stuck in right now and bring glory to Gods name. God has given us talents and gifts, we are expected to use them.

Jesus said to His disciples 'freely give for freely you have recieved', this was in reference to healing and delivering people from unbelief and satans grip. Mathew 10. Read the whole chapter for context.

Lets spend more time reading Gods word, praying. listening to His Spirit, praying some more and actually doing what He has asked us as individuals and churches to do to bring glory to His mighty name. God has given us gifts and talents through His Holy Spirit to be used in this genearation in which He has placed us. Lets not miss out on what God has got planned for us by listening to men who may or may not be part of Gods bigger picture.

Each of us has an individual relationship with God, we should know where and how He has placed us in His overall will. The only way we will find out what His will is for our lives is to seek Him and serve Him every day.

Lets spend more time reading Gods word, praying. listening to His Spirit, praying some more and actually doing what He has asked us as individuals and churches to do to bring glory to His mighty name. God has given us gifts and talents through His Holy Spirit to be used in this genearation in which He has placed us. Lets not miss out on what God has got planned for us by listening to men who may or may not be part of Gods bigger picture.

Each of us has an individual relationship with God, we should know where and how He has placed us in His overall will. The only way we will find out what His will is for our lives is to seek Him and serve Him every day.

These are the words of a wise man indeed.

Indeed the words of a wose man :p

Mercy he cried:eek:. I am not a great typist, I do not see that well on small things and I am using my sons PC- he doesn't keep his room very well lighted for my tastes- mercy!

Kevin, you are missing the point. You say, "The church needs to realise that we dont need to wait for any great army, we are all required to get stuck in right now and bring glory to Gods name. God has given us talents and gifts, we are expected to use them." If every Christian will do that, then the church WILL BE the great army! It's not about waiting for someone to wave a magic wand over us, it's about living in the fullness of all that Christ died to win for us.

As I say on my web site (link in an earlier post), there are a wide range of teachings that could be lumped together as "Kingdom now" (just as there are a wide range of teachings that could be lumped together as "Protestantism"). Whilst I would distance myself from some of the more extreme ideas, I have never come across any that deny Christ in any way. Quite the opposite, most of this teaching emphasises the fact that He is King of kings, and that by His death at Calvary He won victory over satan (Col. 2:15).

I cannot speak for any other teacher, but personally I hold the Bible as the absolute authority and can back everything I teach with Scripture (and by that I mean the overall picture of Scripture, not just a text out of context leaving a "con".)

blessings,

Lynn

I have been doing further research on this topic and it seems to boil down to how churches see the Kingdom of God.

One predominate way of thinking is that the Kingdom of God is similar to kingdoms on earth whereby they are constrained by geographical area's and the only way to extend the kingdom is to take over another kingdom next door. This way of thinking places the church in a war like state where they are constantly trying to gain ground over satans kingdom to extend the kingdom of God. This results in the way they worship, pray and do outreach. This also means that they actually believe in two separate kingdoms, the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan and the two are in constant battle over territory (the souls of mankind).

The other predominate way of thinking is that the kingdom of God encompasses all of creation both physical and spiritual. A certain amount of evil has been allowed into Gods kingdom and exists side by side with righteousness. At the culmination of Gods kingdom, good and evil will be separated for ever. In this way of thinking, God is displayed as sovereign over all things. There are 13 parables in the Gospels in which Jesus started out by saying "The kingdom of God is like ...". Each one describes a characteristic of the Kingdom of God. In the parable of the wheat and the tares, Jesus clearly showed that good and evil co-exist together but will be separated at the end. The book of Job also illustrates this point where satan had to get permission from God to afflict Job.

In the sermon on the Mt. Jesus explained exactly what traits we need to inherit the Kingdom of God, none of them where war like in nature.

Yes we must be prepared for spiritual warfare, but our weapons are peace, truth, the word of God etc.

I have been doing further research on this topic and it seems to boil down to how churches see the Kingdom of God.

One predominate way of thinking is that the Kingdom of God is similar to kingdoms on earth whereby they are constrained by geographical area's and the only way to extend the kingdom is to take over another kingdom next door. This way of thinking places the church in a war like state where they are constantly trying to gain ground over satans kingdom to extend the kingdom of God. This results in the way they worship, pray and do outreach. This also means that they actually believe in two separate kingdoms, the Kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan and the two are in constant battle over territory (the souls of mankind).

The other predominate way of thinking is that the kingdom of God encompasses all of creation both physical and spiritual. A certain amount of evil has been allowed into Gods kingdom and exists side by side with righteousness. At the culmination of Gods kingdom, good and evil will be separated for ever. In this way of thinking, God is displayed as sovereign over all things. There are 13 parables in the Gospels in which Jesus started out by saying "The kingdom of God is like ...". Each one describes a characteristic of the Kingdom of God. In the parable of the wheat and the tares, Jesus clearly showed that good and evil co-exist together but will be separated at the end. The book of Job also illustrates this point where satan had to get permission from God to afflict Job.

In the sermon on the Mt. Jesus explained exactly what traits we need to inherit the Kingdom of God, none of them where war like in nature.

Yes we must be prepared for spiritual warfare, but our weapons are peace, truth, the word of God etc.

Great exegesis, Kevin. I tend to view the later as correct. Thank you for pointing to Scripture that supports it.

Do you know which Scriptures are viewed to support the first idea?

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back