New Here And Can't Seem To Have That Relationship With Jesus That Others Speak About

You lost me.

Are you commenting on me saying that I don't fast because I am unable to fast from food? So that would be considered a fast from fasting?

Just trying to understand what the comment was about.
No it was not about you not being able to fast, thats why that post had no quote.

Simple solution, have church at home....worked for the early church.

Not that simple.

I have only been a Christian since 2009, I don't have it altogether yet as evidenced by this post and really am not comfortable trying to have church at home. Maybe sometime down the road, but not at this present time.

We will listen to the sermons online from our church.

I am taking free Bible courses online that can potentially lead to a degree down the road.

I only just started those though.

https://www.pillaroftruthministries.com/index.htm is where I am taking the courses.

They are an accredited school and allow for you to study up to a Bachelor's Degree which is free except for the cost of the books while in the bachelor's degree program.

I have a long while to go though before I get to that point and will need to pay for books.

Not that simple.

I have only been a Christian since 2009, I don't have it altogether yet as evidenced by this post and really am not comfortable trying to have church at home. Maybe sometime down the road, but not at this present time.

We will listen to the sermons online from our church.
What church is that.

I guess 'Church at home' is a perspective issue. ALL children of God are called to minister the Word-You don't have to be a Pastor. You can simple pick some verses and discuss them with your family members-some would call this 'family devotions'.

We ARE the Church-the 'Body of Christ'. When you go to 'Church' it is just a building with the Church congregating inside. You can be a Church at home-as a matter of fact-we are called to be the Church everywhere we go-to be the example.

I have a feeling God is wanting you to step up and take the reigns of leadership spiritually in your family. Get Hymn book, a Bible and spend some time together worshiping and mediating on God.

'Where your treasure is-your heart will be also' Where is your heart?

I guess 'Church at home' is a perspective issue. ALL children of God are called to minister the Word-You don't have to be a Pastor. You can simple pick some verses and discuss them with your family members-some would call this 'family devotions'.

We ARE the Church-the 'Body of Christ'. When you go to 'Church' it is just a building with the Church congregating inside. You can be a Church at home-as a matter of fact-we are called to be the Church everywhere we go-to be the example.

I have a feeling God is wanting you to step up and take the reigns of leadership spiritually in your family. Get Hymn book, a Bible and spend some time together worshiping and mediating on God.

Does it need to be a hymn book?

We are non-denominational and the church where we attend do not sing hymns, but rather contemporary Christian music, which is more to our liking.

Would it be ok if we sang that kind of music instead? It's still worshiping God.

My heart is with God.

Even if you all met at a gas station it would still be church;)

Style of music doesn't matter IMO. I've employed a number of styles when I lead worship. The main things for me is that the words are correct (which can be difficult with some contemporary music, but also with some hymns) and that those leading with me are committed to genuine worship. Style is just personalization.

Style of music doesn't matter IMO. I've employed a number of styles when I lead worship. The main things for me is that the words are correct (which can be difficult with some contemporary music, but also with some hymns) and that those leading with me are committed to genuine worship. Style is just personalization.

That is what I figured, but I know that for some people, contemporary Christian music isn't really Christian and not something that they would call worship music.

My wife and I aren't really hymn people.

Checked that out, the map shows a pizza hut next door, lucky you.

lol

We tend not to go to the Pizza Hut after church. My wife gets a discount at Olive Garden (any Darden restaurant for that matter), so we go there from time to time. It's where she has worked the last thirteen years, even though she only works one day a week now.

I actually know the area. Our church had a District Assembly just down the road from there a few months back so my wife and I stayed in a hotel for the weekend not too far from there. It's not too horribly far from me.

Right now it's more of a learn how to search through the Bible before actually getting into the main part of the course.
I remember when I started reading the bible, I was self taught and the lingo was easy to pick up. I thought about going to a real bible college but I got very sick and I couldnt work.

Back