New Heaven and New Earth

New Heaven and New Earth

I read in Rev 21:1 "now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the 1st heaven & the 1st earth had passed away." I always thought God was preparing a place for us and the "streets would be of pure gold," and there would be "gates of solid pearl" or something like that. If there is going to be a new heaven and a new earth, does that mean this place will pass away? Or have the golden streets not happened yet? Revelation is still hard to understand.

Before you can understand Revelation and the time frames contained therein, you must first be able to understand the Earth and Heaven Ages.

A very good place to start would be all of Jeremiah 4:1-31 (KJV) or in modern English, use Jeremiah 4:1-31 (NLT). Click on either or both of those highlighted texts for your studies.

The portion of Jeremiah 4 starting at verse 23 to the end, is the most important part, but please study the entire texts of Chapter 4 for clarity.

If anyone has the good fortune to own 'The Companion Bible', there is an entire chronological study about the Ages in Appendix # 146 entitled, "The Foundations of the World". Use the link below to go to the Companion Bible Appendixes and scroll down to # 146. This is a very detailed and accurate study and is based upon Scripture.

You can also see reference to the Ages in 2 Peter 3:1-16 (KJV) or for English clarity use 2 Peter 3:1-16 (NLT). God bless you in your studies.

http://www.levendwater.org/companion/index_companion.html

Pastor Gary I know this link was intended for Honeybare, but I saved it myself. Great Site! Thank you for sharing.

Back