1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

New Big Bang Evidence. Turning Upside Down What Was Believed.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by MichaelH, Mar 26, 2014.

1. http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/...eakthrough-offer-proof-of-god/?iref=obnetwork
    Does the Big Bang breakthrough offer proof of God?
    Opinion by Leslie A. Wickman, special to CNN

(CNN) The remarkable discovery, announced this week, of ripples in the space-time fabric of the universe rocked the world of science and the world of religion.

Touted as evidence for inflation (a faster-than-the-speed-of-light expansion of our universe), the new discovery of traces of gravity waves affirms scientific concepts in the fields of cosmology, general relativity, and particle physics.

The new discovery also has significant implications for the Judeo-Christian worldview, offering strong support for biblical beliefs.

Here's how.

The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.

However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.

If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.

That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”

So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a Geek, (Some nerd in me) or have any scientific background to discuss this. How was it all made? God did it. Real simple.

However, for those needing evidence, we now have proof that the Universe was in fact created from some source.

KingJ and AllieWi say Amen and like this.
  2. Incredible... I am really looking forward to the reign of King Jesus on Earth!! All Hail!! When every subject is studied with truth instead of shrouded in lies and assumptions.

It's going to rock. MARANATHA.

Sal likes this.
  3. It certainly is an incredible discovery. It should be noted that the evidence does point towards a cause but does not go any further than that. There are NO assumptions in this evidence to what actually WAS the cause of the Universe.

4. Science has no evidence from which to make any theory. All the laws of physics breakdown in the singularity from which the big bang originated.

5. Is that no evidence for ANY theory or just some theories? Do you extend that statement to accepted laws also?

6. I was referring to the big bang.

7. There was a cause. You just were Reading Genesis and it was right there in front of you. God said let there be........

God created the Heavens and the Earth.

You don't even need years of science to understand that. You found out something they have been pondering for years and still pondering.

8. So you see how the current information is again confirming something written 4000 years ago by Moses, who had NO WAY of knowing this. Here we are 2014, but until 1950's the universe was eternal according to scientists and even Einstein said it was a quandary. So, you have to ask yourself, written 4000 years ago about something we couldn't grasp/confirm/prove until 2014. What's that say about the rest of scriptures?

9. The scripture confirms it for you but it comes down to a huge leap of faith to liken 'god created the heavens and the earth' to the immense effort, repeated observation and evidence that shows us the earliest gravitational wave background signature. Because the scripture is so very simple, with all respect, it could be compared to any one of thousands of possible discovered origins of the Universe.

10. No we must accept that "nothing" did it right? That's the logical conclusion:LOL:

11. No, 'we' admit that we don't have an answer, we don't know.

Who is being more honest, those that admit they don't know (me) or those that say they know for certain but the evidence is only available to those with faith (i.e. not to me)?

12. "we" ? Of course some cannot "know" because they refuse to admit what is evident. And are willing to believe in "anything" or should I say "nothing":LOL:

13. "We"(man), in our natural understanding, cannot know and understand the universe with the limited, physical evidence at hand.
    Natural man will never understand the thoughts of the spiritual man, because "...thy are spiritually discerned."
    Natural man tries to explain God's creation through evolution, but cannot find the pieces to the 10,000 piece puzzle: and yet is determined to solve this "mystery" with only three or four pieces of the puzzle.
    The spiritual man believes that God created the universe, and has the puzzle completed before him; but many times is unable and
    fails to describe it. He has all the measurements of the puzzle, and knows all the colors but...

14. So is your doubt based on the written words? What would change that?

15. Tangible proof of god.

16. _______________________________________

Don't you worry, tubby: you will have all the proof you seek...but not the way you want it!

17. It's everywhere. But you have to open your eyes to see it. Genesis 1:1 mathematically is as close as you'll get to proof without faith.

I hope you like math: http://www.whatabeginning.com/

AllieWi and KingJ say Amen and like this.
  18. Whoa...creepy 666 pyramid in the '10' section.

19. I'm a bit busy again for a day or two but I'll try to have a read through that site. Yes, I do like maths, a lot.

20. It's all around you if you have eyes to see.

Psalm 19

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
    The skies display his craftsmanship.

2 Day after day they continue to speak;
    night after night they make him known.
    3 They speak without a sound or word;
    their voice is never heard.
    4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
    and their words to all the world.

God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
    5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
    It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.
    6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens
    and follows its course to the other end.
    Nothing can hide from its heat.