1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Needing Prayers and advise.

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by Blessed Beth, Mar 12, 2016.

1. I have reached the end of my tether and needing reassurance. My faith has decreased. Am a mother of three children. I was born in Kenya, Africa in a small village. I worked had in school and got a good job. I had very nice 7years of my life before A job loss changed everything. I started struggling with my mortgage and loans. The bank gave notice on my house due to unpaid mortgage. I prayed and prayed but the situation got worse. I tried all avenues to raise money but this only increased my debts. My children are out of school for two weeks. My debtors are giving me a hard time. I feel like my faith is fading day by day. My children hug me and tell me am the best mum in the whole world and I wonder 'am I?'. My life has lost direction, meaning and purpose. I need prayers to restore my faith, strength to go on because I am on the verge of breaking. Please pray for a breakthrough please, to end this suffering. Pray for my children's future that it may be secure. Pray that my life gets a new meaning. I am down and rock bottom and digging deeper . I have cried, I can't cry anymore. Advise me please.
  2. My heart goes out to you Beth.

I have to ask: are you involved in a church?
  3. Yes, I am, but I am slowly weakening in faith, my house was finally repossessed. I don't know where to begin. How can I be strong? What lies ahead? Has God deserted me? And why? I need to be reassured that He is still with me.
  4. Greg...thank you for listening :)
  5. I got you :)

Let me be super straight forward on what I am about to say.

First, you and I both know God is still with you. He will never leave you or forsake you, no matter what you are feeling. I'll talk more about this in a bit.

Second, it is the absolute, total, complete, (enter next synonym here) function of the Church to take care of its members, ESPECIALLY mothers with children. Unfortunately I know not all churches perform this way, but the leaders should be helping you and your family be stable and secure (you know, kind of like Christ). I strongly suggest telling them everything. Even if they have no idea who you are or whatever the situation is, just be brutally honest about your circumstances and tell them you need their help - they should take it from there.

Third, in my time of following Christ I have discovered one undeniable truth: we have more power than we think. I can't even pretend to say that I understand what you're going through and undoubtedly it must be horrible. With that said, I have been in my own dark places at times. Each time God reveals something to me, but the revelation is generally the same. It usually goes something like this (God speaking): "Greg, what you believe is not actually true. Who you think I AM is actually another god. You need to transform the way you think (Romans 12:2)." And in every one of these moments I learn a new truth (or change an old lie) about God, and that gives me peace no matter what circumstance I am in. What I am getting at is this: what you believe really matters. You can believe your in a horrible place and God has abandoned you. Or you can believe and cling to a promise and know you are free! Evil cannot touch you! Christ is in you! It's Taco Tuesday! Wait what...

Finally, and I can't stress this enough: God is not a feeling. God is not carnal satisfaction and worldly security. God is GOD. He is your Father who knows everything that you need, and all these are given freely to those who seek His kingdom and His righteousness (Matthew 6:31-33). Don't EVER treat God as a means to an end, like a spiritual ATM. God IS the end. Don't chase after worldly happiness. Chase after God, and he will give you real happiness. Amen.

No idea if that last paragraph applies to you but I was pressed to write it :) Anyways let's keep talking and hope this helps!
    Complete and Pastor James say Amen and like this.
  6. I know it's hard to see through this but why would God allow me and my children to lose our home? Why have I prayed so hard for a financial breakthrough and nothing changes? What do I need to do different? Is my focus wrong? It's hard to go on
  7. I get that. Everything is not always crystal clear.

So let's go back to my first post.

Have you talked to the church? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?
  8. I spoke to the church team and we have been praying, nothing happens. After my issues became many, no one is interested anymore, am like a bother :( I continued solo in my prayers.
  9. That is absolutely heart breaking.

Where is your family staying now?
  10. My children and I have been housed temporarily by my elderly mum. I am grateful that I had this option. But it is taking its toll on her. Am trying to seek answers as to why God is punishing me and I have prayed for a sign to show me where I went wrong so that I can mend but things keep getting worse :( debts are chocking me and being bashed all over. :( I feel like am everyone's laughing stock. What next for me? How can my life ever turn back for the better. What do I need to do different?
  11. I see.

I have to ask: What are you expecting to happen with all the prayer? Like specifically what are you hoping is going to happen?

God works in very mysterious ways.
  12. All I need is a financial breakthrough, to stay afloat, my children to have a chance again in school. To be back on my feet again, not to sleep worried what the morning brings. My life has lost direction, it's a roller coaster of issues. I pray that I can get a financial breakthrough to settle all these debts. To help my children be secure and happy and not fill them with worry of what tomorrow will bring. I need peace of mind :(
  13. Hi Beth,
    I will stand with you in prayer.
    Are you in Australia?
    Please be assured I will pray for you daily until you get your breakthrough.
    Bless you
  14. Thank you so much. Please pray and remember my family. I am not in Australia, am in Kenya, Africa. Also pray that my faith is stronger in this trying times and to have hope of a new dawn.
  15. @Beth Nyahangi I'm so sorry for the issues you're enduring. I have some medicine for you. A bitter pill if you will, but one that will help. This is in no way a finger pointing, because there are three pointing right back at me. I honestly want to help and I feel you're strong enough to endure it. So here goes.

I know what you're going through. At one point in my life I lost my job, had a baby, and had $110,000 in debt. I got debt free and now I live very well off. How did I get there? My first step was I turned to the word of God and the second step was I started to believe the word of God in action. Literally. I stumbled onto Romans 13:8 "Owe no man anything..." so I cut up my only means of living - good bye credit cards. You didn't get into your position in one fell swoop. It was a serious of steps that you took that led you here just like I did.

Psalms 37:23-24 (ESV2011)
    The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand. ​

I wasn't walking God's way. I used the credit cards for this and for that and all the time I believed the lie "I'll pay it off next paycheck." I was obeying the spirit of lust for "things" and what the Jones' had, I had to have. TV filling my head with false wants. Ads everywhere that I wasn't a man without "this" or "that". Did you know that only in modern times do men give women engagement rings? It was in invention of the De Beers Diamond company? Diamonds are not rare and their value is set by De Beers cartel. Ads in America are "Real men go to Jared's" (a jewelry store) or "Diamonds are forever". Ads, money, false wants are all marketing of the devil to keep us in chains and sin. Jesus died for us and set us free, but many of us return to the vomit of this life and the false promises it brings. Have you ever noticed when you hurt yourself, stub your toe, elbow, etc. and if you're really busy and you ignore it and move on, it stops hurting; but if you stop and focus on the pain it gets much worse? You're brain is wired to turn all its energy on what YOU choose to focus on. So what does the word of God say to do? Focus on Him:

Proverbs 23:7a (KJV)
    For as he thinketh in his heart, so [is] he: ...​

Think you're a loser, a loser you'll be. Think evil thoughts, evil will come. This is a scientific fact, ask any athlete or good trainer. The word of God said so. Do you believe it? When I was in the Air Force I really wanted the marksmen ribbon. I had been shooting most of my life and I missed first time I took the test. The instructor said "See all your bullet holes in the center of the target." I did and I got it! Even God said this is our way:

Genesis 11:6 (KJV)
    And the LORD said, Behold, the people [is] one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. ​

If we can image anything, we can do it. Man can't fly, but for centuries he imagined it and one day man could fly. Man imagined we could go to the moon, we went to the moon. It's one of God's greatest gifts, create life with a spirit (our children), choice, and imagination. He confirms this thinking pattern in the new covenant:

2 Corinthians 10:5-6 (KJV)
    Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. ​

So when the devil comes with "just look at this situation" or "look how bad you've made things" you cast it down and repent and believe the word of God to do what it says. Faith isn't just believing something that doesn't exist, but a strong conviction to confess God's promises. We are to:

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. ​

The war within that Paul spells our in Romans 7 finishes with this last verse:

Romans 7:24-25 (KJV)
    O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. ​

It's not "positive" thinking, but right believing. When we obey and believe the word of God, everything will change for the better. Enjoy the time you have with your mother, if the Lord tarries long enough, time will take her and you'll have missed out on a great opportunity to enjoy her today. God loves you, that's the word of God, do you believe it?

Romans 8:32 (KJV)
    He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? ​

Believe. Bless God and worship Him and you'll be just fine. Be patient.
    Complete, Greg B and Pastor James says Amen and like this.
  16. Thank you, those verses and experience are a real reflection. I urge that you pray for patience from my creditors, that they understand that am not refusing to pay but working on my life to get back on my feet and pay up. I ask for divine intervention in my life. I need a miracle, I have no immediate means, just my faith in God. I have no home to go back to.
    Abdicate likes this.
  17. Hi again Beth,
    It is my privilege to continue to pray for you.
    Just a few verses to encourage and strengthen your faith as you meditate on them;
    Romans 1:17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
    Romans 4:20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God,
    Romans 101:17 So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
    1 Corinthians 2:4-5 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in the demonstration of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
    1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
    2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
    2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.
    Galatians 3:11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for the just shall live by faith.
    Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
    Ephesians 6:16 above all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
    Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (vs6) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for who comes from God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
    James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. (vs6) But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave tossed by the wind.
    James 2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him.
    1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith.
    Jude 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

You state "I need a miracle, I have no immediate means, just my faith in God. I have no home to go back to."
    Fix your eyes on Jesus not on what you no longer have. The past is gone and cannot be changed, but your future is the promises of God by your faith. You have no immediate means, no home to go back to, But You Do Have God and therefore a bright and brilliant future. Many of us have been where you are now and have seen the miraculous provision of our loving Father. Stand fast, rejoice that He will bring you through.
    I continue in prayer with you.
    Love always
    Complete likes this.
  18. Thank you James, very encouraging. Good to know I am not the only one who has been through this kind of despair and loss. I need a lot of faith please pray for that.
  19. Beth, take to heart what Abdicate has said. He is giving you true wisdom :)
    Abdicate likes this.
  20. Greg, once more thanks. The encouraging words are giving me strength. What I need to understand is why me?