Need help !!

S

Seeker3

Need help !!

Dear sir ........
English is not my first language, please bear over with me for any errors...
I was brought up in a christian home ..... but later on, I sort of lost my faith .. due to my scientifical education as a MD .... I guess you could say, that I started to cling to science without having much faith ......
I am getting older now , and I really would like to fill a vacuum in my mind , so I started reading the Bible again . and I plan to go to the holy land in march 2010 ... see Jerusalem.. visit the Holy Sepulchre, Genesareth lake, Dead Sea , river Jordan where the Lord was baptisted and some of the monestaries there and of course Bethlehem ........
However ,when I read the Bible , many passages in it confuse me ..... and sometimes I feel tempted to only believe in parts of the Bible ........and not believe some parts of it ....

I have no problems at all, believing in the teaching of Jesus ... and I cling to that .... but some parts of the old testament and some small parts of the new testament including the acts , make me disbelieve those parts ........ or at least strongly question my concept of God and some of the Apostles ........

Is it a sin , to only believe part of the Bible ???

I could give examples - quoting the Bible - if you so wish .....

I have wrestled with those question for some years now .... it wears me down .......

This answer may seem like an oversimplification but it has always worked for me in the past. "Pray for understanding".

For it is written, "Ask and you shall receive", "Knock and it shall be opened", "Seek the truth and the truth shall set you free".

I pray that this helps. God blesses those who turn to him in sincerity of heart.

Are you saved? Do you believe that you are a sinner and that Christ died on the cross to pay for those sins? Have you accepted Him as your Lord and Savior? If not, this may be what is keeping you from believing the entire Bible. You are not saved just because your parents are saved. Salvation is a decision that you must make. So again, my first question is, are you saved? I'd love to help you in any way I can.

I found that when I have a hard time believing the bible, it's only cause I don't understand it even though I think I do. Truly when God gives you understanding, it doesn't even seam to say what you once thought it said. It's a big book and bigger than we could imagine because it's about all of creation and the gospel of Christ and it is dynamic enough to shed light in it all in every realm - also, the Holy Spirit has to explain it. The words all explain each other and the spirit and mindset with which you read it determines what you understand it to be saying - and so these factors have to be that of a believer who is being given a mind like that of Christ, eyes of faith, spiritual sight, etc.

It's also good to not be too concerned when you don't understand, but read for enjoyment, and practice faith in the word with your life. Call upon the one True God, call in Jesus' name and more will come.

Believe the whole Word.

Is it a sin , to only believe part of the Bible??

It's not very smart, as the whole word is true. I don't know if you want to call it sin though.

Your issue is with the Word of God. We can't prove God to you, God has already done that. You seek him first, not the other way around. God set the terms.

What we can help with is Issue's you have with the Bible. We can clear up some things if you give us the problem scriptures. If it is sin in your life you don't want to give up, then we can also help with that.

be blessed.

Hello there dear! How are you? Hopefully, I can help out a little bit :) -

However ,when I read the Bible , many passages in it confuse me ..... and sometimes I feel tempted to only believe in parts of the Bible ........and not believe some parts of it ....

First off, here's the beginning of your situation. Think about it - what is it about those parts of the Bible you don't like? Is it content, language, situations...? Sometimes, we have to understand why we don't like something to find out how to like it. You know what I mean? :)

I have no problems at all, believing in the teaching of Jesus ... and I cling to that .... but some parts of the old testament and some small parts of the new testament including the acts , make me disbelieve those parts ........ or at least strongly question my concept of God and some of the Apostles ........

But again, what is it about these parts of the old/new testament, acts, etc. that makes you not like it?

Is it a sin , to only believe part of the Bible ???

I don't know if it is a sin. I guess that question is left to be answered by God.

:)

Back