Need A New Book To Read

Aside from reading God's word I read and study demonology, the occult and spiritual warfare. Does anyone have any good suggestions for books or authors related to these categories? I am thinking about getting a book on witchcraft for educational purposes but I don't know if I want that thing laying around my house. I would prefer something on audio book but if there is a book that I must read that's not, I'll consider getting the actual book.

May I ask why you feel the need to be 'educated' in witchcraft? Are you positive that this is something that God calls you to? Certainly, we have the truth of God's word and as His word is the sword of the Spirit, we have the best weapon of all at our disposal against all comers.

May I ask why you feel the need to be 'educated' in witchcraft? Are you positive that this is something that God calls you to? Certainly, we have the truth of God's word and as His word is the sword of the Spirit, we have the best weapon of all at our disposal against all comers.

I will indeed be praying about the types of books God wants me to read apart from His Word. I'm not sure about becoming educated in witchcraft per se, however the HS keeps me on the subject of spiritual warfare for some reason...not sure why at this point but who am I to argue?!

Aside from reading God's word I read and study demonology, the occult and spiritual warfare. Does anyone have any good suggestions for books or authors related to these categories? I am thinking about getting a book on witchcraft for educational purposes but I don't know if I want that thing laying around my house. I would prefer something on audio book but if there is a book that I must read that's not, I'll consider getting the actual book.
Don't take this as a judgement, but an observation: learn from the Holy Spirit from the word of God on these subjects. ANYTHING else will be written by men used by the devil. Keep to the word and He'll teach what you need to know and when. Until you're fully aware of God's ways (a lifetime event) why would you want to think on other things?

Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Personally I think you'd be playing with fire and if you're not prepared in the Spirit you will get burned. Trust me there is a LOT to be learned from the word of God on this subject. Just my 2 cents.

I agree and disagree. If a Christian is going to witness to lets say a Wiccan, he/she might want to know where they are coming from. I do agree with being grounded in the Word and be prepared for the spiritual warfare to pick up a bunch. I would just research their beliefs and not dive too much into the technical things.

The focus isn't on what they believe but on Jesus. This is the biggest fault of the church today. If their hearts are prepared by God then God will give you the words you need to say. (Luke 12:11-12) When we attempt to go to their level with man's intellect at most a stillborn is made.

I do agree with this as well. I can guarantee you most Christians would come across saying things like, you worship Satan, your going to hell if you sin, Jesus loves you and will save you. This is all the truth but here is what they will say, Jesus was just a prophet not God, I don't believe in Satan or hell. My goddess shows me Love as well. Yes the Holy Spirit will give you the right words, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

It's far more important to be prepared knowing what God says about a matter than what any false religion or demon says about a matter.

I think the primary aspect of a believer should be knowing God and His Word more.. Because only truth can set a person free.. When we are not strong in Word, we would be swayed away easily.. For example, we would start wondering what is wrong in that.. Why not do that.. When we the Word, we can know what is good and evil..

Back