Nails Were Pounded

6/4/11: One of my granddaughters was about to get her nails painted. My husband was watching the neighbors get a new roof put on their house, and so there were lots of nails being discussed. My granddaughter then began singing, "Nails, nails, nails, nails, nails," so the first five notes of this song were my granddaughter’s notes, and so was the idea of nails.

The Lord then took this idea of nails and gave me a song about the nails that were pounded into Jesus’ hands and feet on the day he was crucified on the cross for the sins of the whole world. That day he died, he took upon himself the sins of the entire world. He crucified our sins and he buried them with him. When he rose from the dead, our sins remained in the ground, because in his resurrection he conquered death, hell, Satan and sin. Yet, for us to be forgiven of our sins, and to have eternal life with him in heaven, we must turn from our sins, be transformed of the Spirit of God, and be given new lives in Christ, “created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness” (See Eph. 4:17-24; Gal. 2:20; Ro. 6-8).

Nails Were Pounded / An Original Work / June 4, 2011

Nails were pounded when
He hung on a tree;
Suffered for us so
we could be set free.
He died for our sins;
rose up from the grave,
So we could be forgiven;
by His grace we’re saved.

A spear pierced His side;
His clothes they’d divide;
A crown on His head