1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

My Works

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by NearertoGod, Nov 14, 2010.

1. I have some watercolors, here's one in particular. The color is, I believe, Flemish blue mixed with a little bit of Payne's gray and Ultramarine (Light). I prefer watercolors over oils, mostly because they're less messy and less drying time. I have a thing for clouds:

And a unfinished picture of a tree I saw up in the park last weekend. It was really hot, so we had to leave, but I still kind of like it, even though it's technically not complete... I adjusted it because you could barely even see the drawing:

And here is a light study of a danseuse, Isabelle Ciaravola from the Opéra. This was taken from a photograph of her in the ballet, La dame aux camélias. I did some modifications to the figure to suit my own personal tastes, but if you want to see the original, just ask.​
  2. I really like that tree, finished or not. It takes a good eye and a deft hand to do a tree justice.
  3. Thanks! I like the way trees are shaped, so I have spent a lot of time examining them. Sometimes when I draw trees, I can feel, smell, even hear them. They all have their own little 'personalities', ha ha. :)