My Struggled With....

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Winnetou, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Same-sex-attraction.

Since I can think back, I have always felt attracted to other girls and women. This was also so when I was married and mother of two wonderful children. I liked my husband but I never had loved him. He had been a good husband and father until his death.
    I have been a widow very actively in my church as organist and teacher in the women's group for many years now; I but always have the feeling to have missed something.
    Yes, you will told to me as I know that the Bible speaks against homosexuality. I have believed this for decades by myself. And therefore forbade me every love for other women also if the feelings were very strong to this on both sides. My fear of disappointing God and Jesus was too deep.
    I think about this but today differently because I have dealt with the quotations from the Bible. I see more clearly now what the Bible meant really. Not homosexuality but temple prostitution and the adoration of heathen gods. Not a homosexual love relation but the withdrawal from God.
    Furthermore I love God. But I also love women. At first and I think to start with a lesbian love relation (without "sexual activities"). What did you think about it?

2. I'm not even going to address this statement of yours: "I see more clearly now what the Bible meant really. Not homosexuality but temple prostitution and the adoration of heathen gods. Not a homosexual love relation but the withdrawal from God." Because this is a highly controversial subject that will not be resolved in this forum. So, suffice it to say, that yes, I believe homosexuality (the act of homosexual intercourse or sexual behavior in any way) is against God's wishes for His people and is therefore sin.

But, to address your question: "I think to start with a lesbian love relation. What did you think about it?" Here's my opinion: We all have certain desires as we are human beings having a "human" experience here on this planet, sexual and asexual. That doesn't mean that they need to be acted upon, especially if the act is sinful. I have a desire for nice things, but that doesn't mean I can steal them. God's way is to earn my money and buy them. I have a desire to escape from my pain, but that doesn't mean I can make myself numb and zone out on alcohol and drugs. God's way is to lean on Him. I have a desire to be well-liked, that doesn't mean I can be promiscuous to people to attain popularity. God already "likes" me more than I know!!

These may seem like over-simplified descriptions of "desire" but they are my desires, nonetheless, and strong desires at that. BUT, with every temptation to do things my way to get what I want, to meet my desire, He provides me a way out that I won't have to buckle underneath the strain.

1 Cor. 10:13 "And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

His ways are not like our ways. We are instructed to be made into the image of Christ. We are instructed to seek Him. Matt: 6:33

This is what I have found to be true in my life: If I spend all my time seeking myself, my true self, my ways, my desires, my peace, my slice of pie, my, my, my...blah, blah, blah..... then I will only find ME. When I do this, I am spending all my time looking around here...negating the view from up there...how sad is that, really?

KingJ likes this.
  3. It is not a desire, also no liberal decision (free choice), to be homosexual. It is part of the human sexuality and identity. And much more contains it but to have sex only of with the same sex. BTW, the BIBLE prooves me, that it isn't a sin being a lesbian and have a love realtion.
    God made me that way, and I had to live it.
    It is conscious for me that I can be banished from the forum because of this biblical statement. If this shall be, I accept it.

4. None of us chooses the desires with which we are born. All of us must learn which desires are appropriate to act upon, and in what manner, and which desires are to be controlled or even denied. The reasoning you are using can be used to rationalize any behavior. Having homosexual desires doesn't make one special, as if their situation is somehow unique. To say God made one that way is also a line of reasoning that can be used to rationalize any behavior. These are not compelling arguments for choosing a certain path. And that path is a choice. That is, what we do about our desires is a choice.

I am going to close this thread to further replies for the time being, just because I know from past experience how quickly these threads go sour. Then we'll see where we go from here.

SuZQ1959 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.