My People Perish

M

Mark_18

My People Perish

When He says: "My people perish for a lack of knowledge.", does He mean condemnation? Or just a dying and backsliding and lacking blessing and obedience?

Because to reject the knowledge of God is to reject God...

Does the type of "perishing" depend upon what kind of opportunity you had to find and accept the knowledge, and upon how much mercy God chooses to have on you?

In Hosea 4:6 God does indeed say that His people perish through lack of knowledge. This was in indictment against the Priests and Prophets whose job it was to teach the people the Law of God. The p0riests ignore the law of God entrusted to them and consequently they do not walk in his ways but stumble as do the prophets. They have rejected the Law which is the Glory of God v.7 .

They do not teach the people and so the people are ignorant of their duty towards God.

Read v.1. This is God's complaint No faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgement of God in the Land.

The result of this is that the whole nation is punished.

Chapter 4 of Hosea is a very serious one, and one to which we as Christians should take heed.

Those of us who have the responsibility of teaching - even teaching by means of taking part in these forums, have a responsibility to God to teach that which is the full counsel of God, and not just our own ideas.

Those of us who are taught have the responsibility of checking whether what we are being taught is correct. We must be like the Berean Christians in Acts 17:10-14 They heard the Apostle Paul preach and they "received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true". We musty not be spoon fed Christians. We have a responsibility to check what we are told with the Word of God, and we have the promise of God that His Spirit will lead us into all truth.

God bless us as we learn together.

Those of us who have the responsibility of teaching - even teaching by means of taking part in these forums, have a responsibility to God to teach that which is the full counsel of God, and not just our own ideas.

Those of us who are taught have the responsibility of checking whether what we are being taught is correct. We must be like the Berean Christians in Acts 17:10. They heard the Apostle Paul preach and they "received the message with great ewagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true". We musty not be spoon fed Christians. We have a responsibility to check what we are told with the Word of God, and we have the promise of God that His Spirit will lead us into all truth.

A great big amen to that . Thank you .:goodpost:Every morning I ask the Lord to lead guide and direct what I say , do , read , write and go .

My People Parish

I thought this might seem appropriate for the conversation at hand. No doubt God is just. I believe there may be (or were) some of His own that do or did not know that they were His. Also this may shine some light on the people who ask: "What about the people that never had the opportunity to hear Old Testament and/or New Testament truths?"

I don't claim to know everything these passages entail but it sure does give me a lot of hope for some that we fear may be lost. Of course this is no substitute for the spreading of the Gospel and in no way takes away from the value of the knowledge of the Word.

Romans 2:12-15
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

amen.!
I agree this shows the justice and mercy of the LORD..
I also wonder if maybe some perish because their spirit has been gone in the wrong direction so long either by being lead astray from the truth or from not completely allowing that old man to die in them, that they to count as perish.. thinking they are fine when in all reality they are so difficult to stear back to the truth of God and His Word.

Back