1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

My New Pet: Scoby-dohby-doh

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by TezriLi, Aug 3, 2014.

1. My daughter gave me a scoby about 45 days ago, and I just went cold toward it. Couldn't bring myself to drink the "Kool aid." I did everything wrong, like giving it fruit juice instead of tea, and it grew and grew while I merely watched and watched.

Today, my daughter told me she would give me a new one, if I would throw the other scoby away. I never named the old one, but I named the one she gave me Scoby-Dohby-Doh, so that maybe, I would be more responsible toward it.

So there Scoby-Dohby-Doh sits in its glory on my kitchen cabinet. I gave it sugary tea, hoping I was being nicer. (Hey, I thought fruit juice was a better idea, but it's not according to my daughter.)

If you have any advice for me, I am open to it!

2. I had to google this, TezriLi... had never heard of it. Sounds like an interesting 'pet'
    to have. :) Please let us know how you like the flavor...

3. It's scary stuff for me. I will drink my daughter's, I will drink the bottled from the grocery store, but I freeze at my own.

4. After researching it, I'd have to work into creating my own. :) I added a bottle (gingerade flavor) to my cart at the grocery store...
    and I must say, it's quite refreshing.

5. Well, I took another look at mine and decided to go for it.

Some of the commercial is good, and some can be shocking! Glad you like yours.

6. How's the little 'pet', TezriLi? (I'm thinking I may have to give this a try.)

7. I am still learning, but it is surviving! I need to learn how to make my drink stronger. The drink should be effervescent, and mine is, but not enough. I am still in the experimentation phase. Very pleasant drink, however!! Thank you for asking!