Must You Speak In Tongues In Order To Be Saved?

Tongues is a operation of the Holy Spirit. Both are gifts. Salvation is in Jesus Christ. His life is imparted by the Spirit.
Here is what came to me by him this morning. It was like telling a story. As though I was helping someone to understand the having the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Here it is. I was to compare myself as when a pat job I had of drywall hanger. Two men had to work together. I was a assistant (helper) to a more experienced man.

He would measure the size of drywall for me to cut and send up the ladder or other ways to get it up there.
A. He could come down the ladder or whatever to cut and get his own. With heaviness involved he would have to make each piece smaller. Also if he did ceiling he had no help with a sheet of heavy drywall. He may need a tool tossed up.
many needs. My position was a helper.

The Holy Spirit is a helper for us. Eve was called a help meet for Adam. He was seen to need her though he was alone at first. So though a person can struggle on their own and probably at times fail--especially when in battle with demons and Satan. See how Daniel was in battle with the devil for 21 days to receive answer to prayer. In Dan. 4: he is seen to have the Spirit of the holy God. His very dreams delivered many lives from death. By the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit comforter and helper, can do only as much as we have him. He is the gift of power and help, which is not
in us to we receive it. Only reason Daniel had what he had was he was a anointed Prophet. The duplication in lives of Spirit filled saints is to make all of us a wonder to the world. The Holy Spirit even convicts ministers of compromise and greed That was another thing he was telling me today God bless.

Tongues is a operation of the Holy Spirit. Both are gifts. Salvation is in Jesus Christ. His life is imparted by the Spirit.
Here is what came to me by him this morning. It was like telling a story. As though I was helping someone to understand the having the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Here it is. I was to compare myself as when a pat job I had of drywall hanger. Two men had to work together. I was a assistant (helper) to a more experienced man.

He would measure the size of drywall for me to cut and send up the ladder or other ways to get it up there.
A. He could come down the ladder or whatever to cut and get his own. With heaviness involved he would have to make each piece smaller. Also if he did ceiling he had no help with a sheet of heavy drywall. He may need a tool tossed up.
many needs. My position was a helper.

The Holy Spirit is a helper for us. Eve was called a help meet for Adam. He was seen to need her though he was alone at first. So though a person can struggle on their own and probably at times fail--especially when in battle with demons and Satan. See how Daniel was in battle with the devil for 21 days to receive answer to prayer. In Dan. 4: he is seen to have the Spirit of the holy God. His very dreams delivered many lives from death. By the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit comforter and helper, can do only as much as we have him. He is the gift of power and help, which is not
in us to we receive it. Only reason Daniel had what he had was he was a anointed Prophet. The duplication in lives of Spirit filled saints is to make all of us a wonder to the world. The Holy Spirit even convicts ministers of compromise and greed That was another thing he was telling me today God bless.

While I agree with what you have said here.........however none of it goes to the questions asked.

"Does one have to speak in tongues to be saved" was the question.

NO!

And if you will take the time to study this whole thing on tongues, you will probably come to the conclusion that speaking in tongues means that you ARE NOT saved.

Speaking in tongues is not some new Christian experience that began in the first church. IF anyone thinks that, it means that no investigation of the facts has taken place and the speaking in tongues is then being done by those who want to LOOK spiritual to other people.

While I agree with what you have said here.........however none of it goes to the questions asked.

"Does one have to speak in tongues to be saved" was the question.

NO!

And if you will take the time to study this whole thing on tongues, you will probably come to the conclusion that speaking in tongues means that you ARE NOT saved.

Speaking in tongues is not some new Christian experience that began in the first church. IF anyone thinks that, it means that no investigation of the facts has taken place and the speaking in tongues is then being done by those who want to LOOK spiritual to other people.
Agreed and to further state; It is a matter of great import that we pay attention and add to that the responsibility of getting to know God on a personal level. God has used, depending on who one listens to, 40, more or less, men to record the message that discloses all we ever need to know of Him. To build a theology on the Book of Acts, and with some only on Acts 2, is incomprehensible.

To answer a string without reading what has transpired is to hijack or at least an attempt to hijack said thread and that is not of the Holy Spirit. God is not the author of confusion.

It is a shame that there are so many religions as well as divisions between Christian camps. One thing that cannot be stressed on all forums is that there will always be opinions and disagreements between different people. There are also those who find themselves stuck in the middle who don't know what decision to make. One discerning factor that will help you decide more easily is when those who forget you will know a Chriistian by their love. It is a give away who some are when they give degrading and unloving answers.

I personally am not offended because love is forgiving, meek and humble, and willing to believe God's whole word.

Would like to give a example of how believing in the super power of God matters. Today Oct. 1st is the day over 800,000 will be out of work in America. They are just Gov. people. If the Obama care goes through most working people will have several dollars deducted from their checks to pay insurance. Why???????? because (one man"s opinion is we must do this. )
In 1Peter 5:7 My bible says ----Jesus care.------- that is the free care plan of God. it would be easy to say what does that have to do with tongues? When I prayed in tongues which is a prayer language that God gives for us to pray perfect prayers according to the will of God. Rom. 8:. That is when God has healed me from near death situations.
The world will always get attention for the minority of the world are true Christians. Foxes book of Martyrs reveal what the world does to true Christians. It is in favor of the majority to stand in strength against the weaker minority.

Israel was a minority over against the nations. God brought down the walls of Jericho. If you are in the minority does not mean you are weak. Jesus shows that even if you are killed you still live forever in heaven. The whole world without Jesus will perish. Their opinion is that Jesus is not God. I hope that all understand that if you disagree with the truth, at least don't be like Peter who Jesus rebuked for telling Jesus to not go to Jerusalem.

What amazing love God gave us to have the Holy Spirit as a gift, and a prayer language that all Hades trembles at.
Jesus said to Peter in Matt. 16: the gates of Hades will not prevail against the church. The church for Peter were tongue talking saints. Today churches many of them are just entertainment centers. God has a remnant ---small but strong. For God's grace is sufficient for them. 2Cor 12:7 in Jesus love, God bless.

It is a shame that there are so many religions as well as divisions between Christian camps. One thing that cannot be stressed on all forums is that there will always be opinions and disagreements between different people. There are also those who find themselves stuck in the middle who don't know what decision to make. One discerning factor that will help you decide more easily is when those who forget you will know a Chriistian by their love. It is a give away who some are when they give degrading and unloving answers.

I personally am not offended because love is forgiving, meek and humble, and willing to believe God's whole word.

Would like to give a example of how believing in the super power of God matters. Today Oct. 1st is the day over 800,000 will be out of work in America. They are just Gov. people. If the Obama care goes through most working people will have several dollars deducted from their checks to pay insurance. Why???????? because (one man"s opinion is we must do this. )
In 1Peter 5:7 My bible says ----Jesus care.------- that is the free care plan of God. it would be easy to say what does that have to do with tongues? When I prayed in tongues which is a prayer language that God gives for us to pray perfect prayers according to the will of God. Rom. 8:. That is when God has healed me from near death situations.
The world will always get attention for the minority of the world are true Christians. Foxes book of Martyrs reveal what the world does to true Christians. It is in favor of the majority to stand in strength against the weaker minority.

Israel was a minority over against the nations. God brought down the walls of Jericho. If you are in the minority does not mean you are weak. Jesus shows that even if you are killed you still live forever in heaven. The whole world without Jesus will perish. Their opinion is that Jesus is not God. I hope that all understand that if you disagree with the truth, at least don't be like Peter who Jesus rebuked for telling Jesus to not go to Jerusalem.

What amazing love God gave us to have the Holy Spirit as a gift, and a prayer language that all Hades trembles at.
Jesus said to Peter in Matt. 16: the gates of Hades will not prevail against the church. The church for Peter were tongue talking saints. Today churches many of them are just entertainment centers. God has a remnant ---small but strong. For God's grace is sufficient for them. 2Cor 12:7 in Jesus love, God bless.

I hate to be the party pooper.........but what in the world does any of this have to do with talking in tongues in order to be saved????

MY brother.......you are all over the place with your comments but you do not ever seem to be able to give the Scriptures that tell us we must speak in tongues to be saved.

I am saying to you that there are NO such Scriptures and the lost man only needs to call upon Jesus by faith in order to be saved. The lost man has no need to speak in a strange tongue to God or anyone else.

Your ?love? has just made a marvelous attempt to hijack another's thread. Reading the "whole" Bible has taught me that even God's wrath is done in love and knowing that, that we need to be careful of how we use words.

You have entered here with an agenda that superseded your answer to the question asked and that is so, very, rude. And in your post you have, ?gently?, distributed mud. None can accuse you for you were mindful not to quote any offending, in your opinion, party.

You have nullified your own post, that's a shame... had you not, perhaps we would have had a productive conversation. Now, you have put me on watch for you, a true shame.

I think it depends. It some kind of a case to case basis situation. sometimes, it is better to speak all the thing that is running into your mind but sometime it is much better if we are going to keep silent. It is like lesser words, less mistakes. And I think in some ways both apply in our daily life.

I think it depends. It some kind of a case to case basis situation. sometimes, it is better to speak all the thing that is running into your mind but sometime it is much better if we are going to keep silent. It is like lesser words, less mistakes. And I think in some ways both apply in our daily life.

I see that English is not your first language Ian. The question here is whether "speaking in tongues" is required to prove ones salvation?

What say you?

Back