1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Musical Bible Study!

Discussion in 'Bible Study' started by PrayerWorrior52, May 7, 2008.

1. Musical Bible Study!

I had this idea for a Bible study i want to do with my youth.
    I really love Christian music. i love the message of it and i feel like God speaks to me through it.. and even more than that. i love looking up the scriptures behind a song. so here was my idea for the study.

We start off with a pary. i tell all the youth to bring a cd or two of Christian music that they like. we listen to music and have a good time . playing games and different activities.. i announce that we will be having this new Bible study and i want them to choose 2 songs each to start off with. each week we would do 1 song. i would tell them the song the week before. so they have a chance to listen to it, maybe look up some scripture behind it. then on wednesday when we all get to class we listen to the song and i teach on the scripture behind the song.

now keep in mind i have a youth group of about 15-20 youth. from ages 13-18. and after we finish the 2 songs from each we could either end it and start a new study.. or let them bring more songs...

i did a test lesson one night with the song "who am I" by casting crowns. it went over well b/c many liked the song for how it sounded and never really looked at what it ment.

but anyways. what do you think about the idea?
  2. Sounds like a good idea to me. :D