Moving past this hurt & bitterness seems difficult :/

I do challenge what the Lord shows me is not in line with Him. I do it every day, here.

My dear sister, do you think about what you say before you hit the enter key????

Look at what you just said!

You said...........
"I do challenge what the Lord shows me is not in line with Him."

Do you think that the Lord is going to show you something that is not already recorded in His holy Word???? What could God possibly show YOU that is not in line with Him???/

That comment makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

To me it was BC son were arguing back and forth about whether a woman can be a pastor or not...and that's not the point of my thread.

I am sorry about that sister! It is the nature of threads to evolve at times. I have always thought of it as the Holy Spirit opening the door to something He wanted discussed.

Please forgive me if I have done anything to rob you of the thread and its thought.

Ever hear of a "women" called "Deborah"? She held the highest position in Israel as a "judge", and "prophet" of God. Because of her Israel experienced 40 years of peace because every one listened to her. The generals in the army of Israel would not even go to war without her by their side.
Does it sound like the Lord God would use women for his Glory in the Old Testiment, and then all of sudden stop? No way. The Lord changes not. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Jdg 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
Jdg 4:5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Hmmm interesting

Yes it is and if you will look back at the history of this conversation you will find out that what was just said by my brother CA, is exactly what I said many, many pages ago. It is not and has not been about Bible knowledge and what God has clearly said in HIs Word, but is about "Denominational teaching".

Ever hear of a "women" called "Deborah"? She held the highest position in Israel as a "judge", and "prophet" of God. Because of her Israel experienced 40 years of peace because every one listened to her. The generals in the army of Israel would not even go to war without her by their side.
Does it sound like the Lord God would use women for his Glory in the Old Testiment, and then all of sudden stop? No way. The Lord changes not. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Jdg 4:4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
Jdg 4:5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Deborah and any Old Test. woman has nothing to do with New Test. directions. They were part of the old economy and NOT the Church of Christ which was in fact not found in the Old Test.

Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah are meaningless to the issue, as Paul is addressing leadership in the church. Leadership in old covenant Israel is not the subject at hand.

My dear brother, do you not see how hard you are having to work to manipulate the Word of God to what you want it to say????

Nope. No denomination. No camp. Just Jesus, brother...just Jesus, and the perfect word of God.

If that was true, then way do you accept some of it and then reject some of it???

All I am saying is that all of your theological comments are in 100% agreement to the Assembly of God statement of faith.
I guess that means then that "they" are part of your denomination since you are saying that you are not part of theirs.

Do you think that the Lord is going to show you something that is not already recorded in His holy Word???? What could God possibly show YOU that is not in line with Him???/
The answer is "yes"...

Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
Php 3:16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

Deborah and any Old Test. woman has nothing to do with New Test. directions. They were part of the old economy and NOT the Church of Christ which was in fact not found in the Old Test.

Miriam, Deborah, and Huldah are meaningless to the issue, as Paul is addressing leadership in the church. Leadership in old covenant Israel is not the subject at hand.

My dear brother, do you not see how hard you are having to work to manipulate the Word of God to what you want it to say????
Brother I am not working at all. The Lord simply brings these things to my remembrance and I post them. There is no labor or work involved.

Why?

Maybe the statement of faith you refer to is actually a statement borne out of knowing the Spirit of God.

I don't have to manipulate what God clearly teaches about women. When I pray and ask the Spirit of God to lead me and teach me something, I owe it to Him to wait on Him and listen. I did that. I am confident in what Holy Spirit is saying about these matters. I refuse to veer off-course.

Isaiah 30:21-22
Your own ears will hear him.
Right behind you a voice will say,
“This is the way you should go,”
whether to the right or to the left.
22 Then you will destroy all your silver idols
and your precious gold images.
You will throw them out like filthy rags,
saying to them, “Good riddance!”

"Husband" is an example, by virtue of the male being dominant. We also refer to the male pronoun when we are speaking in general terms.

One spouse is not in dispute.

1 Timothy 3:1
1Ti 3:1 This is a trueG4103 saying,G3056 If a manG1536 desireG3713 the office of a bishop,G1984 he desirethG1937 a goodG2570 work.G2041

εἴ τις
ei tis

i tis
From G1487 and G5100; if any: - he that, if a (-ny) man (‘s thing, from any, ought), whether any, whosoever.

Yes, it is simply referring to the prerequisite that one must have one spouse, if married.

Yes, It could simply be saying that a polygamist is not qualified to be an elder, a deacon or a pastor. This is the most literal interpretation of the phrase, "Husband of one wife", but seems very unlikely considering that polygamy was quite rare in the time that Paul was writing.

The answer is "yes"...

Php 3:14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15 Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you.
Php 3:16 Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

In a recent post you argued for "Context" and now in this one you throw that opinion out the window. Correct understand can not ever be what YOU want it to be my brother. It is WHAT it is and not what we want it to be. Again, do you not see how hard you are working to prove an opinion that has no basis in Biblical truth????

Philippians 3:15, "contextually" is speaking to those who think that they are perfect!

If you think that you are perfect ......."God shall reveal even this unto you".

The "context" was Paul teaching the Phillipians that they were not perfect/mature as some were satisfied with low achievements and Paul says........."God will reveal this to them".

Does the "curse of the law" under the old Testament have any effect on the those today? How about being redeemed from the curse of the law, does that have any effect on those in Christ? How about the faith of Abraham is that still at work today? If not, then why are we told to have the faith of Abraham? How about all the psalms, and proverbs should we just throw them out as being useless? How about all the prophesies about the end times are they still active, and or trustworthy?

Brother I am not working at all. The Lord simply brings these things to my remembrance and I post them. There is no labor or work involved.

But again, don't you see that these Old Test. women have nothing to do with the New Test. church when it comes to leadership.
To post them as an example is in fact "working" or reaching to make your opinion acceptable. That is what I am meaning by the the word "work".

In a recent post you argued for "Context" and now in this one you throw that opinion out the window. Correct understand can not ever be what YOU want it to be my brother. It is WHAT it is and not what we want it to be. Again, do you not see how hard you are working to prove an opinion that has no basis in Biblical truth????

, "contextually" is speaking to those who think that they are perfect!

If you think that you are perfect ......."God shall reveal even this unto you".

The "context" was Paul teaching the Phillipians that they were not perfect/mature as some were satisfied with low achievements and Paul says........."God will reveal this to them".

Evidently you seem not to know what the word "perfect" means. It means "mature". Are you a mature Christian or still a baby in the Lord?

Does the "curse of the law" under the old Testament have any effect on the those today? How about being redeemed from the curse of the law, does that have any effect on those in Christ? How about the faith of Abraham is that still at work today? If not, then why are we told to have the faith of Abraham? How about all the psalms, and proverbs should we just throw them out as being useless? How about all the prophesies about the end times are they still active, and or trustworthy?

Again, those questions have nothing to do with leadership of a New Test. church and the authority that God placed to lead His church falls upon the Man.

All of those points of debate are Yes and Amen! But they are not revelent to the conversation at hand.

Again, those questions have nothing to do with leadership of a New Test. church and the authority that God placed to lead His church falls upon the Man.

All of those points of debate are Yes and Amen! But they are not revelent to the conversation at hand.

Please read comment #170....where I specifically said................

Evidently you seem not to know what the word "perfect" means. It means "mature". Are you a mature Christian or still a baby in the Lord?

You are still off course. Shall we get back to the point at hand. You already know the answer to your question so what is the point of asking it?

But again, don't you see that these Old Test. women have nothing to do with the New Test. church when it comes to leadership.
To post them as an example is in fact "working" or reaching to make your opinion acceptable. That is what I am meaning by the the word "work".
Tell me where do people "prophesy" at? Prophesying is also a form of preaching. Who causes a person to prophesy?

Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Please read comment #170....where I specifically said................
How do you suppose the Lord is going to show them? Does not God himself speak to man, or is at all a guessing game? Does man have a "conscience" so he knows when he is wrong? Does not God give us a inward witness to his truth? Dose the Holy Spirit bear witness to all truth, also known as the "anointing"?

My dear sister, do you think about what you say before you hit the enter key????

Look at what you just said!

You said...........
"I do challenge what the Lord shows me is not in line with Him."

That comment makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

He shows me frequently that the things people claim to believe are not of Him. They require a challenge. What doesn't make sense?

Last edited:

God hasn't changed. In fact, Israel is called the church in the wilderness (Acts 7:38).

Back