1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Monday's tornado

Discussion in 'Severe Weather' started by Boanerges(Inactive), Feb 16, 2007.

1. Monday's tornado

This past monday I was awakened to a terrible sound- the roaring of a tornado passing overhead. I have lived in the same place for 27 years now and it wasn't until two years ago that I heard my first. Since then a total of four have passed close enough overhead to hear, but by the grace of God I haven't lost a single tree limb- I thank God for His mercy on me and have a real sorrow in my heart over the recent victim- a precious 86 year old lady lost her life when her fema trailer was destroyed by this twister.
  2. We pray for all the victims and their families in this and all other storms of this type.

Let me just remind our members and guests that if you live in the United States, NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and their sub agency, The National Weather Service, provide nearly full nationwide coverage with their NOAA Weather Radio Network.

Weather alert radios have a built in alert system that, when activated by the NOAA transmitter closest to you, will provide you with minute by minute advisories and warnings in the event of threatening weather.

Unlike Tropical Systems and Hurricanes that our weather studies group tracks for days and sometimes weeks, the tornado and severe thunderstorm systems are quick to develop and quick to strike. That is why we always recommend that a Weather Alert Radio be a part of your residential scheme... to keep you advised in the event of a fast moving weather system in your area.

You can do a Google search for

"NOAA WEATHER RADIOS" plus clicking on these links for additional information:

http://www.weatherradiostore.com/ < ( Disclaimer: this posting link is for information only. This forum does not endorse nor promote this or any other particular store for the purchase of this type of radio receiver.)