1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Model Wife!

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Daniels, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Model Wife!

I PETER 3:1-6;EPH 5:22;
    Ways to win a husband to God.
    1.Submit to and obey husband.
    2.Obey the word.
    3.Have chaste conversation.
    4.Let not the outward adorning be the chief aim of the life.
    5.Let the inner man be adorned more than the outer man.
    6.Trust in God.
    7.Live faithful to the husband, so that there will be no fear of being found guilty of infidelity.
    8.Do well.
    9.Be a prayer warrior.
    10.Have fellowship with Godly women.
  2. I like the way you put that~Thank you!
  3. Daniels I love you post but as you and I are males so let us not forget that there is also very clear and specific teaching about how a husband should love his wife. It says to love her as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her. A sacrificial love. A giving love, In fact I find that if I look at 1 Cor 13 and take the phrases Love is.... and then apply them to how I treat my wife my own love falls far short of loving as Christ loved. Before I point out her failures as a wife I believe God wants me to deal with my own failures as a husband.
  4. Excellent addition Ray - both very good posts!

I particularly like that. I think we all would do well to think that way.
  5. Yes, both are very good points!
  6. Thank you Jesus, all Glory to God.
  7. Also this one:

"I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes"

I'm always shocked to see women with their hair all done up, knowing they spent 100s on it.. Expensive designer clothes from places like Nordstrom, with fancy jewelry on, then coming into the church and walking right up to the front to sit. Who are they trying to please? Man or God? They are pleased with themselves when they should be ashamed.
  8. Anything indecent with looking one's best?

I always find it a real hoot to read these types of threads with predominately male commentary.
  9. Yes when it goes against the bible beloved :) Or are you saying I am misinterpreting that scripture?
  10. Could be a jezebel for those weak in faith. They should be rebuked by their fellow brothers and sisters sooner than later!
  11. Yeah. Maybe the reason the verse singles out women is because this could cause men to sin. Where as if a man was wearing a miniskirt or something he would just be laughed at.
  12. I'm trying to find a way to say this without being sexist, but I think I'm going to fail miserably...is there a way a guy can dress immodest in church? Maybe if they wore a cut off t-shirt and had big muscles...I dunno
  13. LOL.. I think thats just how we were all designed. Women look better than us, and for them it has its pros and cons. I first I thought I read cut off shorts.. Either way I don't think anyone would be tempted by that.. Maybe a gay guy, but its not very common for men to wear cut off clothing in church. I'm sure if a man did, he would quickly get rebuked, but I know in my area we are too scared to rebuke the ladies. Might be sexual harassment or something.
  14. That's because one person's modesty doesn't always match the next. I see what you mean.
  15. Some things are hard to define..but you know it when you see it?
  16. Do you have any cut off shirts?
  17. that is going a bit far.....

I personally think there is nothing wrong with a woman looking their best, as long as they are not prideful about it, and they do not do it for the wrong reason, like to attract male attentions or something.
  18. No daisy dukes..lol
  19. Now, I like dressing up and stuff. But as long as it's modest and not causing brothers to fall by the wayside, while staring at you, then the Lord will be okay with it.

Mine opinion. :)
    Where is the Messiah likes this.
  20. I see nothing in your description of a woman wearing good clothing that indicates anything indecent.