Ministers of Our God

As followers of Jesus Christ, we are all supposed to be ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is a call to all ministers of the gospel to give our all to Jesus Christ.

So many ministers of the gospel are walking in the ways of the world, are following the teachings of humans, and are giving way to the desires of their flesh. Many of these ministers treat their congregations more like consumers, and their church, as a whole, like a business, with them as the owners and/or the managers. Yet, the true church is not a business, and they are not the owners. The true church is the Body of Christ with him as the head, and he is the one who determines how it is to be run and who does what. I think most ministers today have forgotten that. They have gotten so caught up in the ways and thinking of the world, that they have forgotten the ways of Christ and his word.

Ministers of Our God / An Original Work / June 21, 2011

Ministers of our God,
harken to hear Him speak.
Have you given Him
your hearts and souls today?
Hasten to give all to Him.
Let Him cleanse your hearts from sin.
Cast yourselves on His altar.
In your lives do not falter.
Ministers of our God,
harken to hear Him speak.
Have you given Him
your hearts and souls today?

Ministers of our God,
flee from all your idols.
Remove them from your lives.
Be transformed today.
Listen to the words I say.
Give your all to Christ today.
Let him rule within your hearts,
cleanse from sin, His grace impart.
Ministers of our God,
flee from all your idols.
Remove them from your lives.
Be transformed today.

Ministers of our God,
won’t you come to His cross?
Die to sin and yourselves.
Penitently pray.
Humbly accept Him today.
Let Him wash your sins away.
Receive Him into your hearts.
His mercy and grace impart.
Ministers of our God,
won’t you come to His cross?
Die to sin and yourselves.
Penitently pray.

Never think that it is going un-noticed. If they are looking for their prize and recognition now, God will let them have that little recognition and status and that is all they get. They will forfeit their reward in heaven. Some people feel like they have some type of status rank get full of themselves and forget that God is the one who is directing their steps and He is the leader and director of their lives. Some feel like, "okay Jesus, I got from here" and oh what a mistake that is.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Very nice!!! thanks for sharing

Never think that it is going un-noticed. If they are looking for their prize and recognition now, God will let them have that little recognition and status and that is all they get. They will forfeit their reward in heaven. Some people feel like they have some type of status rank get full of themselves and forget that God is the one who is directing their steps and He is the leader and director of their lives. Some feel like, "okay Jesus, I got from here" and oh what a mistake that is.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Very nice!!! thanks for sharing
@godbe4me - thank you for sharing your thoughts. We reap what we sow for sure. Thank you for that scripture.

Regarding what I shared, all glory goes to God, for it came from him. I just shared what he gave me.

Thank you for your kind, thoughtful and encouraging words. God bless!

Back