Ministering to the Homosexual community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's just a thought I will throw in here and then run for cover: Just as we don't have the authority to condemn another person, we also don't have the authority to absolve them.
No cover on the net :p. James 5:19-20 19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Whenever someone is battling with the flesh in a mortal sin we HAVE to determine if they are 'in' or 'out' of Christ. If in, we correct them per Matt 18:15-17. If out, we share the gospel and give some extra effort to wielding the word with skill, not chop them in half. Not water down! But share little nuggets until they thirst for more.

Yes I am a Christian. I didn't realize this was a Christian forum frequented by bigots.

When did you choose to be heterosexual? Think about it

Homosexuality is not a choice and it is not sinful.

Discrimination and bigotry in the name of Jesus is sinful.

Practice what you preach.

Is this to me? Homosexuality is not a choice, just like being a pedophile is not a choice right? Because they would both fall under the same category. They both would say that they were born that way.

In my humble opinion, beloved, I really think you should actually read the bible, and pray to God for answers. I could show you a bunch of scripture, and prove the truth to you, but without a repented heart I don't think you would accept any of it.

What's the saying? You can lead a cow to water, but you can't make them drink.

Please do not be offended or call me a bigot. I am only standing up for what I believe.

Is this to me? Homosexuality is not a choice, just like being a pedophile is not a choice right? Because they would both fall under the same category. They both would say that they were born that way.

In my humble opinion, beloved, I really think you should actually read the bible, and pray to God for answers. I could show you a bunch of scripture, and prove the truth to you, but without a repented heart I don't think you would accept any of it.

What's the saying? You can lead a cow to water, but you can't make them drink.

It's usually a horse, but a cow will do :ROFLMAO:

Miylee, you're right, being a homosexual is not a sin; acting on the temptation however is, as it then turns to sin.

I thought a homosexual wasn't a homosexual until homosexual activity with another homosexual. If there is no sex, then it can't be homo sexual. But yeah, if just having the temptation of liking the same sex is homosexual then I agree, it is not a sin, until they "come out of the closet" or "into the closet", however that saying goes.

I thought a homosexual wasn't a homosexual until homosexual activity with another homosexual. If there is no sex, then it can't be homo sexual. But yeah, if just having the temptation of liking the same sex is homosexual then I agree, it is not a sin, until they "come out of the closet" or "into the closet", however that saying goes.

I see what you're saying. The naming scheme is about the gender you're attracted to. Hetero (meaning different or other) combined with sexual (meaning gender) - heterosexual - attracted to a different/other/opposite sex/gender. Same with homosexual. Hom or homo (meaning same), so homosexual, attracted to the same sex.

Name calling is not permitted here.

Bigot is not a bad word. It is the best descriptive name to describe those who are intolerant of others lifestyles. Intolerant to the point of trying to deny others equal rights.

Do you all also follow all the other silly laws in Leviticus? It's a sin to eat shellfish, work on the sabbath, get tattoos, etc. I could go on forever. So why are some sins ok but not others?

Bigot is not a bad word.
He did not say bad word. He said name calling is not permitted here. And calling someone a Bigot, falls under the category of name calling.

Do you all also follow all the other silly laws in Leviticus? It's a sin to eat shellfish, work on the sabbath, get tattoos, etc. I could go on forever. So why are some sins ok but not others?

I don't think any of Gods commandments are "silly." I don't eat shellfish, I don't' work on the sabbath, and I do not have any tattoos.

So to answer your question, no sin is okay, but at the same time no person is without sin. The issue comes when a person starts accepting sin, and does not have a repenting heart anymore.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I don't believe anyone is trying to deny your rights here. I do believe that you are degraded those who are standing firm to their beliefs here by name calling.

I am not degrading anyone. How would you prefer me to describe a bigot. Someone intolerant of others views. Usually someone steeped in ignorance of the subject. Someone frightened of anyone different than themselves. Someone who dehumanizes, judges, and treats others with non Christian values. Someone who does not live by Jesus' teachings and someone who is a hypocrite.

Bigot seemed easier but there you go. Insert instead of bigot.

Bigot is not a bad word. It is the best descriptive name to describe those who are intolerant of others lifestyles. Intolerant to the point of trying to deny others equal rights.

What does Leviticus have to do with the New Testament? Jesus dismantled this nonsense (the law which does not just consist of the 10 commandments) when he died on the cross.

This is a good point. I think it could be said that stating homosexuality was not allowed back then because God was still trying to spread his people all over the world. The problem with that view is that it's brought up in the New Testament as well in 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 1 Timothy 1:10. Then again, maybe it wasn't homosexuality like we think of today.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it, but I do think that everyone deserves respect. We have these people in churches that are completely intolerant of homosexuals yet wallow in their gossip and judgmental attitudes. Everyone should be accepted in church, even if it's a gay couple.

Nice Christian cop out. Keep this. Oh this part doesn't count. Oh but this does. So the OT doesn't count unless you need to use it to justify your intolerance of

Nice Christian cop out. Keep this. Oh this part doesn't count. Oh but this does. So the OT doesn't count unless you need to use it to justify your intolerance of

Not exactly. How about we start with this...point the scripture that states that it is okay to be with (romantically, sexually, etc) the same sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back