Mexican corn bread salad!! MMMM!!!

Mexican Corn Bread Salad is a colorful layered salad that tastes like a fiesta in a bowl. This novel summer salad takes just minutes to assemble and chills up in our fridge so it’s ready when we are.

Serves: 8

Ingredients

• 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch-style dressing mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 6 corn bread muffins (16 ounces total)
  • 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 (15-1/4-ounce) cans whole-kernel corn, drained
  • 3 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 6 scallions (green onions), sliced

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, combine dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
  2. Crumble half of the corn muffins into a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Layer the beans over the muffins, then the bell pepper, sour cream mixture, corn, tomatoes, bacon, the remaining corn muffins, the cheese, and scallions.
  3. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
I made this tonight!!!!! Om Lord! that was Blessed. TY Lord for the gift of creating or mimicking a recipe.
Not heavy on the stomach . :) I did not put GH in them. I just followed the recipe period...... was very good. Enjoy on a warm summer day if ya don't feel like cookin out right. TY God!!!!MMMM

Years ago I used to make a mexican dish with cornmeal batter in a baking dish and then pour chili and chilibeans on top. You don't mix it you just bake it like cornbread and it cooks around it except right on top. And put grated cheese on top while its hot and it melts.

Yum .... That sounds good , GodSpeaks

I love cornbread and when I was on holidays my sister - in - law made some cornbread and I now have the recipe so will make it .

I just make it simply for something fast when I was running late. You could add other things, throw some chopped onions on top maybe

Yum .... That sounds good , GodSpeaks

I love cornbread and when I was on holidays my sister - in - law made some cornbread and I now have the recipe so will make it .

I am trying to remember if you need alot more liquid or less. Its been too long. So you might just use alittle cornbread mix and experiement.

Mexican Corn Bread Salad is a colorful layered salad that tastes like a fiesta in a bowl. This novel summer salad takes just minutes to assemble and chills up in our fridge so it’s ready when we are.

Serves: 8

Ingredients

• 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch-style dressing mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 6 corn bread muffins (16 ounces total)
  • 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 (15-1/4-ounce) cans whole-kernel corn, drained
  • 3 large tomatoes, chopped
  • 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 6 scallions (green onions), sliced

Instructions

1. In a small bowl, combine dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
  2. Crumble half of the corn muffins into a large glass bowl or trifle dish. Layer the beans over the muffins, then the bell pepper, sour cream mixture, corn, tomatoes, bacon, the remaining corn muffins, the cheese, and scallions.
  3. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
I made this tonight!!!!! Om Lord! that was Blessed. TY Lord for the gift of creating or mimicking a recipe.
Not heavy on the stomach . :) I did not put GH in them. I just followed the recipe period...... was very good. Enjoy on a warm summer day if ya don't feel like cookin out right. TY God!!!!MMMM
I'm making this one, thanks

Back