Me, Me, Me! It's All About Me!

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by TezriLi, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Just fill in the answers -- it's all about you!

After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is:
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is
    My favorite time of the year is
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was
    My favorite movie genre is
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is
    My favorite hobbies are
    After work, I like to
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this:
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be
    My favorite zoo animal is
    My favorite animal to interact with is
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home
    My favorite shoes are
    My favorite fruit is
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?)
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a _________ (and give the color!)
    The first letter I ever wrote was to
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this
    I love/hate freckles
    When I was 15, my hair color was
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread

Bible
    My favorite created character

My favorite psalm is
    My favorite book of the Bible is
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are)
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are)

2. After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is: eat breakfast -- usually leftovers
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is iced tea
    My favorite time of the year is spring
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was -- oh the same thing always -- camping
    My favorite movie genre is the old comedic movies, like Harvey
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is (not sure right now)
    My favorite hobbies are writing, drawing
    After work, I like to come home and watch Judge Judy -- sometimes
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: sneezes or coughs without covering their mouth
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be grilled salmon, roasted vegetables, a dinner roll, and chocolate cake
    My favorite zoo animal is any of the big cats
    My favorite animal to interact with is bees and domestic cats
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home at Patrick's Polint, where I am at the ocean and in the redwood forest
    My favorite shoes are my flats with the bee pin on them
    My favorite fruit is watermelon
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?) over-cooked potatoes
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a red Cooper
    The first letter I ever wrote was to in elementary school, when the class wrote to pen pals
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this sitting in front of the fireplace, chatting with my husband, drinking hot cocoa
    I love/hate freckles love
    When I was 15, my hair color was auburn
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread a halved bagel sauteed in butter, with a little cream cheese on it

Bible
    Paul
    My favorite psalm is 107th
    My favorite book of the Bible is James
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is the teaching
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are) bringing water to the singers and giving gold dollars to the children who have lost teeth over the week
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are) just talking about the L-rd

Heart_for_Christ, SergioL and DavidG says Amen and like this.
  3. Simple solution!:)

2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
    14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
    15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
    16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
    17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
    18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

4. After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is: Eat pizza.
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is Cold diet Coke.
    My favorite time of the year is Christmas.
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was To Brazil.
    My favorite movie genre is Zombie movies (followed closely by werewolves movies)
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is "Platero and I" by Juan Ramón Jiménez
    My favorite hobbies are Reading, hugging my girlfriend, and playing pool
    After work, I like to Watch a zombie movie.
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: Spits on my food while talking.
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be Hamburgers or gnocchi.
    My favorite zoo animal is The tiger.
    My favorite animal to interact with is The cat.
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home A dolphin in the sea.
    My favorite shoes are Boots.
    My favorite fruit is Kiwi.
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?) Cooked carrots.
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a _________ (and give the color!) Black 4 x 4 truck.
    The first letter I ever wrote was to Santa Claus.
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this Reading.
    I love/hate freckles Love.
    When I was 15, my hair color was Black.
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread Hot biscuits.

Bible
    John the Apostle.
    My favorite psalm is 69.
    My favorite book of the Bible is John's Gospel.
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is Being with Jesus after the rapture.
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are) I read the Bible?
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are) Reading the Bible, I guess.

Heart_for_Christ and TezriLi say Amen and like this.
  5. From SergioL's post #343556. . . .

It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: Spits on my food while talking. Oh! Went to a sandwich shop a couple years ago. The woman prepared my sandwich while doing a continuous stream of talking to everyone. She spat all over my sandwich, but she was so pitiful, I could not do what I should have. I bought the sandwich, threw it away outside, then went to another sandwich shop of the same kind to reorder. Bought my sandwich, but as it was being made, I looked around. The place was filthy! Paid for that one, too, and threw it away. Went home without a sandwich, but did some research. I will only buy sandwiches at ONE shop now. :eek:

. . . . The first letter I ever wrote was to
    Santa Claus. Did you get what you wanted? :D

My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread
    Hot biscuits. My husband came home earlier than expected, so we had chicken 'n' biscuits. Love 'em!

Thank you!

autumn oddity, DavidG and SergioL says Amen and like this.
  6. LOL. Nice story. Yes, people spitting on my food is one of the few things that I can't tolerate at all. I don't remember what I asked in that letter, but it must have been some kind of toy. I am sure my grandparents bought it for me. :)

TezriLi likes this.
  7. This is beautiful :)

TezriLi likes this.
  8. After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is: eating breakfast usually eggs, sausage and toast
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is water or Pepsi LOL
    My favorite time of the year is CHRISTMAS
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was going to the beach with friends and family
    My favorite movie genre is Christian, Science Fiction, Vampire or Werewolves movies (I can't pick one)
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is I don't have any favorite, I like all I've read
    My favorite hobbies are reading, singing, painting , playing video games
    After work, I like to (no work yet) but I would come home and do the hobbies mentioned above
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: messes with me and I didn't do anything
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be grilled chicken, salad, Wedges, and coca cola then, cookies n cream ice-cream in a waffle cone :D
    My favorite zoo animal is I don't have one. I like them all
    My favorite animal to interact with is dogs and cats (I can't pick one)
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home in my home
    My favorite shoes are (I don't know, they're all so cute!)
    My favorite fruit is mangoes
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?) Steamed Cabbage
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a (don't know yet) (and give the color!) Black
    The first letter I ever wrote was to (never did that)
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this (singing with mother or to God alone)
    I love/hate freckles love
    When I was 15, my hair color was black
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread fresh slice of bread

Bible
    is Jesus
    My favorite psalm is (I don't have any)
    My favorite book of the Bible is (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) I can't pick one
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is hanging with Jesus in Heaven
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are) giving offering to God's work
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are) Witnessing

DavidG and SergioL say Amen and like this.
  9. Well, I enjoyed Patricia Dalmadge's answers, too! Thank you, Patricia!

My favorite cold drink in the summer is water or Pepsi LOL My favorite cold water: I freeze a big ol' near-cone of water (frozen in a child's plastic cup), half-fill a quart jar with cold water, drop in the ice, and fill it up with more cold water. Drop in 3-6 crushed mint leaves. Looks fabulous and tastes better! I am So With You on that water thang!

My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is I don't have any favorite, I like all I've read
    I so understand that.

My favorite shoes are (I don't know, they're all so cute!)
    I am imagining the shoes YOU buy. . . .:D Bet they are cute!

My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this (singing with mother or to God alone)
    Oh, I am loving this answer! Do you sing parts? What part do you sing? What part does your mother sing? I am imagining this, too.

Heart_for_Christ likes this.
  10. What an delicious sounding recipe for water!

What you shoes do you think I buy? LOL

We sing all parts together.

11. I am imagining that you have some of those real high heels that I wouldn't dare were -- fancy ones. I imagine you in sandals -- all kinds of fancy ones, even a pair of gold ones. I am thinking, too, of you in round-toed velvety shoes with a bow on the toes.

Sometime, I will tell you about the last time Mother and I sang a duet in church. It's hilarious! I have to get off to work right now . . . .

Thank you! :D

12. Mitspa.. Not sure if you posted in wrong thread.. The post seems to be out of order..

13. After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is: Drink coffee and open my work laptop
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is Coconut water, Buttermilk (google search if you don't know this!!)
    My favorite time of the year is Fall season (September to November)
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was Probably the vacation for my marriage
    My favorite movie genre is Christian faith based movies
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is All the Gospels
    My favorite hobbies are Playing mobile games, playing volleyball, cricket, going for a walk with my wife and kid
    After work, I like to play with my kid and wife (yes, she is my first kid!!)
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: Talk without knowing what they are talking
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be Biriyani (classical Indian dish)
    My favorite zoo animal is Lion
    My favorite animal to interact with is nothing
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home ocean
    My favorite shoes are I don't know.. In fact I never like wearing shoes
    My favorite fruit is Probably apple
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?) Green Beans
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a _________ (and give the color!) Hybrid vehicle! (due to economic situation). White or gray
    The first letter I ever wrote was to I dont remember
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this Eating what we call "Bhajji"
    I love/hate freckles No opinion
    When I was 15, my hair color was black
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread bagels

Bible
    David
    My favorite psalm is Psalm 51
    My favorite book of the Bible is All the Gospels
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is Presence of Holy Spirit
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are) Helping in furniture arrangements, cleaning, etc. Anything that requires some masculine power
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are) Personal testimony sharing, online posts

TezriLi, SergioL, Heart_for_Christ and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  14. No the problem with "self" is almost always rooted in self-righteousness, which is a product of the fleshly attempt to keep the law. The solution to the "self" issue in to be focused upon Christ and to die to the whole "self" thing.

15. I see.. I do see your point.. Probably the title of the thread is not looking nice.. However, the intention of OP simply seems to be understanding others more..

16. After I awake, read, pray, and wash, the next thing I do is: Cup of coffee
    My favorite cold drink in the summer is Most dilute to taste fruit squashes
    My favorite time of the year is Spring and Autumn
    My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was Probably a childood one in Scotland
    My favorite movie genre is I don't know
    My favorite book, other than the Bible or in the Bible, is Moonfleet
    My favorite hobbies are Computing, home projects, playing musical instruments, taking pictures
    After work, I like to I'm not working
    It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this:
    UK people using Americanisms (eg. "outage" instead of "power cut") in normal (I mean I might even use "outage" myself if talking to someone the other side of our "language divide" but not in normal speech to someone from the UK) communication. I think some find it "cool" but I find it really grates.
    If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be Vegatable biryani
    My favorite zoo animal is I'd probably most like to "meet" an elephant.
    My favorite animal to interact with is cats and dogs and our pet ferret
    I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home I'll answer at home. The sea is about 1 mile from me, there is a small packch of wood 5 minutes away I can walk in and we have arable farm land behind us.
    My favorite shoes are The only pair I own (I've never really been that fussed about clothes or fashion)
    My favorite fruit is I'll answer pineapple as we had one for tea the other day.
    My favorite vegetable is (raw, or how is it cooked?) As with fruit, loads but as I type I'm torn between Asparagus, steamed and served with butter and (as a cooked meal) bhindi bahji (okra).
    For my next vehicle, I hope to buy a _________ (and give the color!) I don't drive.
    The first letter I ever wrote was to Thankyou letters for birthday or Christmas presents.
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this I'd probably need a power cut (outage ;-)) so you light the candles, be glad you have a woodburner to sit round...
    I love/hate freckles I'm indifferent.
    When I was 15, my hair color was Same as it is now, brown - beard (did I have one when I was 15???) has gone grey though.
    My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread . I'm a bit confused by the terms and grouping (popovers seem to be Yorkshire Puddings which I'd only eat in a meal with gravy). I love cheese scones which look as they might class as hot biscuits? Bread choice wise at the moment, my option isn't listed, I'd pick a pita filled with Cheshire (or a similar white crumbly type) cheese and salad.

Bible
    Possibly David
    My favorite psalm is 23
    My favorite book of the Bible is The gospels.
    The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is
    Getting through the service without problems. I'm just about to restart trying going to church again.
    My way(s) of ministering within my place of worship is(are) N/A
    My favorite way(s) of ministering outside my home and place of worship is(are) I don't really do anything although I think it would be fair to say that anyone who knows me or has had a conversation with me where beliefs crop up does know who I believe in.

TezriLi, SergioL and Heart_for_Christ says Amen and like this.
  17. I want to respond to some of Ravindran's answers. First, thank you!

My favorite cold drink in the summer is Coconut water, Buttermilk (google search if you don't know this!!) Seriously? Mother used to drink buttermilk, and I never understood why. Being from the South (US), sometimes, she would crumble corn bread in it. (shiver!) Is it supposedf to be sour?

My favorite hobbies are Playing mobile games, playing volleyball, cricket, going for a walk with my wife and kid
    After work, I like to play with my kid and wife (yes, she is my first kid!!)
    Loving this!

If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be Biriyani (classical Indian dish)zu
    My favorite cold winter night is spent doing this Eating what we call "Bhajji"

Learning the names of foods I'd never heard of before. I am going to look all of them up when I can.

My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread bagels Yummy!

The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is Presence of Holy Spirit Indeed!

18. To boltardy -- Thank you!

My favorite cold drink in the summer is
    Most dilute to taste fruit squashes Not totally sure I know what a fruit squash is. Can you tell us? Is it possibly what we call smoothies here?

My most favorite vacation I have taken in my life was Probably a childood one in Scotland Nice!!

My favorite hobbies are Computing, home projects, playing musical instruments, taking pictures Can you name the instrument(s) you enjoy playing most? Do you prefer taking black & white photos or color?

It drives me Absolutely Nuts when someone does this: UK people using Americanisms (eg. "outage" instead of "power cut") in normal (I mean I might even use "outage" myself if talking to someone the other side of our "language divide" but not in normal speech to someone from the UK) communication. I think some find it "cool" but I find it really grates. I can understand that . . . .

If I chose a special meal for someone to serve me on my special day, it would be Vegatable biryani Gotta look that up!

I would rather be (chose one) at the ocean/in the forest/in the woods/on a farm/in my home
    I'll answer at home. The sea is about 1 mile from me, there is a small packch of wood 5 minutes away I can walk in and we have arable farm land behind us. NICE!!

My favorite of these is bagels/hot biscuits/popovers/dinner rolls/English muffins/fresh slice of bread . I'm a bit confused by the terms and grouping (popovers seem to be Yorkshire Puddings which I'd only eat in a meal with gravy). I love cheese scones which look as they might class as hot biscuits? VERY close! Bread choice wise at the moment, my option isn't listed, I'd pick a pita filled with Cheshire (or a similar white crumbly type) cheese and salad. Sounds good!

The think I most look forward to at my place of worship is Getting through the service without problems. I'm just about to restart trying going to church again. :) May I encourage you to do that? :)

Thank you!

19. To Ravindran Will you be following England v India later this year?

Re buttermilk. My mother likes it but hasn't (that I know of) had it in years. To me I know it as a word in a song about an old Liverpool street entertainer. Look up Seth Davy on Youtube.

---

Not totally sure I know what a fruit squash is. Can you tell us? Is it possibly what we call smoothies here? No. A cordial possibly (and I'm not sure where one starts and another may stop even in UK terms) but here's wikipedia's entry. My mother makes a couple of her own btw. A blackcurrant one which I really like and an elderflower one I'm not that fond of.

Do you prefer taking black & white photos or color? I wish I was that artistic as a photographer. I'd like to one day get into it more seriously but for now anyway and knowing no better, I'd take anything in colour and let software do b/w if I wanted it.

Vegatable biryani Gotta look that up! Here's a link to biryani. I only know our UK Indian restraunt versions which are served with a mild curry sauce.

20. Sorry I'd missed one of your questions, tezriLi.

I'm most comfortable on 5th tuned fretted strings, ie. mandolin, tenor banjo, etc. I also dabble with guitar and occasionally play a tune on melodeon (just found an old recording of me on one). I used to dabble (with even less competence) with others but that's it these days. If I had my time back, I'd probably opt to learn fiddle (which I can only do "strangled cat" on - I can't bow) first.

TezriLi likes this.