Matt 24:12-13 agape love

“Immediately after the distress of those days" in Matt 24:29,

I believe is referring to right after the last martyr is killed at the fifth seal.

The rapture can be more perfectly understood once the nature and the character of the Bride is understood .
There are people 'saved' before it and there are people saved after it and the Jews as a nation will be saved in a day .

There is the first fruits which is the Bride .
The general harvest .That comes after .
Then the gleaning that comes after the 1000 years reign of Christ.

In Christ
gerald

I noticed the word (parousia) in the following..

Matt 24:23-27 NIV At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time. 26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming (parousia) of the Son of Man.

1 Cor 15:21-23 NIV / 1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes (parousia), those who belong to him.

1 Thess 4:15-17 NIV According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming (parousia) of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

2 Thess 2:1-3 NIV Concerning the coming (parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

I noticed the word (parousia) in the following..

Matt 24:23-27 NIV At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time. 26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming (parousia) of the Son of Man.

1 Cor 15:21-23 NIV / 1 Cor 15:51-52 NIV For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes (parousia), those who belong to him.

1 Thess 4:15-17 NIV According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming (parousia) of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

2 Thess 2:1-3 NIV Concerning the coming (parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

The word used is CHRIST . Which means annointed .
The full title of the Lord is The Lord Jesus Christ. The annointed one.
Not in this instance; Messiah .
The quotation of the NIV says if any man says I am THE messiah . Is therefore vastly different with the KJV that says "if any shall come in my name and say I am Christ......"

Thus if any man says "lo here is the anointing or lo there is the annointing " do not go after them.
and in another place Jesus said "If any man says he is Christ ......." It does not mean therefore if any man says he is Jesus . or Messiah.
"If any man says he is Christ he will be cast out of the Synygogue "
So it was then so it is .
"For we must suffer without the camp as Jesus and Moses suffered without the camp."

The eternal resting place of the annointing or the Spirit of God is the Word of God .
If then the Word of God abides in you then so does the annointing .
and if then you go looking for it you will not only not find it but a good chance you will lose it .
We must or should look at the consistent use of scripture to understand the meaning.

in Christ
gerald

Last edited:
We must or should look at the consistent use of scripture to understand the meaning.

You make some good points. "The coming of the Son of Man" I believe is separate from the "second coming of Christ" Matt 24:27, Matt 24:36-39. The coming comes first, which is the rapture and first resurrection. That's my theory, maybe fact. :LOL:

Back