Mat 8:28 — Mat 8:32

I thought I would challenge everyone to give their thoughts as to why God would tell Jesus to allow the demons to enter the herd of swine?
God bless

Mat 8:28 — Mat 8:32
And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
Okay, we have two demons here, and they know who Jesus is. First they know they will be tormented by, in their opinion, Jesus. Evil entities do not want good forced upon them. To them that is torture or torment.
Second, knowing Jesus is likely to cast them out, they desire to be allowed to enter into the swine. Why? Was that preferable to being cast out into nothingness? Apparently so. The question then is- What would happen to them if they were not allowed to enter the swine? Was it their intention to cause the swine to jump into the water? Did they want to make pigs fly??? :ROFLMAO: Maybe they did not want sent to the "everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day". Kinda like, "Jesus, we won't hurt anybody else, just let us go into the swine."

Jesus may have said ok knowing the swine would carry them off into the water to send them to their prison. Just as the angels who left their "estate" to cause all that trouble with the daughters of mankind which brought about the need for the Flood of Noah's time. In this case, drowning these fallen angel demons is how God sends them off to their prison chains.

Jesus may have said ok knowing the swine would carry them off into the water to send them to their prison. Just as the angels who left their "estate" to cause all that trouble with the daughters of mankind which brought about the need for the Flood of Noah's time. In this case, drowning these fallen angel demons is how God sends them off to their prison chains.
That is an interesting thought!
Would that mean then that if a person was thought to be demon possessed, baptizing them by full immersion or at least dunking them in water would exorcise the evil spirit from them?

I thought I would challenge everyone to give their thoughts as to why God would tell Jesus to allow the demons to enter the herd of swine?
God bless
OKay, my twopence worth is that Jesus not only restored that possessed man by ridding him of those demons, He also rid the town of the swine which were (possibly) an impediment to their observance of the law.

Okay, we have two demons here, and they know who Jesus is. First they know they will be tormented by, in their opinion, Jesus. Evil entities do not want good forced upon them. To them that is torture or torment.
Second, knowing Jesus is likely to cast them out, they desire to be allowed to enter into the swine. Why? Was that preferable to being cast out into nothingness? Apparently so. The question then is- What would happen to them if they were not allowed to enter the swine? Was it their intention to cause the swine to jump into the water? Did they want to make pigs fly??? :ROFLMAO: Maybe they did not want sent to the "everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day". Kinda like, "Jesus, we won't hurt anybody else, just let us go into the swine."

Is there a Biblical reference to what a demons fate is, prior to the final judgement? Are they actually put into chains, or some kind of restraint? Or even if someone dies that is possessed, are they allowed to roam freely till the final judgement?

God bless

Matthew 12:44 says
Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findethit empty, swept, and garnished.

Luke 11:25 says
And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished

That is an interesting thought!
Would that mean then that if a person was thought to be demon possessed, baptizing them by full immersion or at least dunking them in water would exorcise the evil spirit from them?
It did work on the Wicked Witch of the West. :D
Maybe water baptism wards off the demons. A marking of sorts signifying our joining with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.

Is there a Biblical reference to what a demons fate is, prior to the final judgement? Are they actually put into chains, or some kind of restraint? Or even if someone dies that is possessed, are they allowed to roam freely till the final judgement?

God bless
Jude 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
..... 9 then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries

Back