Mary, Mother Of The Lamb(flesh) Of God, Not Mother Of God

You never answered my question:
So you believe the righteous go straight to heaven after death ? Do you believe the unrighteous go straight to hell ?

I didn't answer it because it needed to be cleared up -- the last thing I want is me making assumptions of your question and you making assumptions of my answer.

By righteous, do you only mean people who do good things or do you mean people who lead a Christian life?

Born again saints of God.... Blood washed, mercy sought, holy living children of the most High God. We cannot "lead" a Christian life unless we've first been born-again of water and od Spirit.

Born again saints of God.... Blood washed, mercy sought, holy living children of the most High God. We cannot "lead" a Christian life unless we've first been born-again of water and od Spirit.

Indeed, leading a Christian life--meaning those who have repented, been baptized, and lived a life in His grace and by doing His will.

Yes, Heaven is reserved for those who have submitted themselves to the Lord. Those who have rejected Him may suffer hell.

Actually Jesus tells us a story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16 v 19-31. The Rich Man was greedy and died and was in Hell, and the poor man was in Abraham' s bosom in heaven. Read how the Rich man could feel heat, and much pain and could never leave there..or get a second chance...or even send someone to warn his family what laid ahead if they did'nt turn their lives around. Pretty sobering scriptures..

Indeed, leading a Christian life--meaning those who have repented, been baptized, and lived a life in His grace and by doing His will.

Yes, Heaven is reserved for those who have submitted themselves to the Lord. Those who have rejected Him may suffer hell.

I asked if you believe people go right to heaven or hell after death

Lysander......The Bible says " There is none righteous, no not one" Jesus Christ was the only one ever born who was righteous and never sinned. That is why he was our " sacrificial lamb" for all our sins...Hebrews Chapter Nine fully explains it. The Bible tells us we are " Barely Saved". Jesus is the only one " Righteous" birth to death at Calvary

Lysander......The Bible says " There is none righteous, no not one" Jesus Christ was the only one ever born who was righteous and never sinned. That is why he was our " sacrificial lamb" for all our sins...Hebrews Chapter Nine fully explains it. The Bible tells us we are " Barely Saved". Jesus is the only one " Righteous" birth to death at Calvary

Amen.

It also says in Proverbs 29:7 "The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor, The wicked does not understand such concern."

This is why I wanted to make sure the definition was cleared up -- it's leading us off track.

Amen.

It also says in Proverbs 29:7 "The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor, The wicked does not understand such concern."

This is why I wanted to make sure the definition was cleared up -- it's leading us off track.

I do not undrstand why you have such a difficulty in answering very simple straight forward questions......Do Christians go right (immediately) to heaven and the un Godly go immediately to hell after they die ??

I was simply asking Lysander Shapiro's take on it, but as usual we just play ring around the rosary

I did give a sincere answer, albeit a broad one. Nonetheless, it's also a broad question.

I do like that though -- "ring around the rosary." I have to give you credit for the cleverness of that :)

Paul said to die is to be with the Lord. Jesus said in my Fathers house are many mansions that I go and prepare for you. Scripture says we have family in heaven and in Earth.

There is every scriptural indication that as a believe if you die then you go and be with the Lord. Even in Revelation they are hanging out in Heaven waiting for vengeance and the Lord tells them to hang on a bit.

The unsaved:
The unsaved are judged already.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;
(Joh 16:8-9)

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Mat 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luk 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

There would be nothing to fear if hell was not the destination.

Jesus went right straight to Hell, so it's a real place. Hell did not destroy him as some think Hell is, but he preached to the prisoners (spirits) in hell and brought them out of there with him.

Act 2:31
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Angels which hell was created for are not destroyed either. They have form enough to put chains on them in Hell.

2Pe 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Hell is a place of torment, you just don't evaporate in Hell. You end up in hell for not believing on the Lord Jesus. Judgement day God will bring everyone out of hell to be judged.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Brother David im not sure we know that for sure.

We know perfectly because I just gave a bunch of Scripture that tells us.

Paul said to die is to be with the Lord. Jesus said in my Fathers house are many mansions that I go and prepare for you. Scripture says we have family in heaven and in Earth.

There is every scriptural indication that as a believe if you die then you go and be with the Lord. Even in Revelation they are hanging out in Heaven waiting for vengeance and the Lord tells them to hang on a bit.

The unsaved:
The unsaved are judged already.

Mat 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Luk 12:5
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

There would be nothing to fear if hell was not the destination.

Jesus went right straight to Hell, so it's a real place. Hell did not destroy him as some think Hell is, but he preached to the prisoners (spirits) in hell and brought them out of there with him.

He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Angels which hell was created for are not destroyed either. They have form enough to put chains on them in Hell.

2Pe 2:4
For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Hell is a place of torment, you just don't evaporate in Hell. You end up in hell for not believing on the Lord Jesus. Judgement day God will bring everyone out of hell to be judged.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

We know perfectly because I just gave a bunch of Scripture that tells us.

So I wonder what the difference is to how it is when we die and our spirits are with God and how it will be when we are ressurected to our physical bodies .

Because isn't there scripture that says we are asleep?

MichaelH--you believe Jesus went to hell ? Can you please tell me which scripture that idea comes from?

I just gave it to you above??

The spoken word was the promise.
Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

fulfilled:

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Preached to the captives in Hell.
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
(1Pe 3:18-19)

Hell separated by a gulf called Abraham bosom. Called Paradise.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
(Luk 16:26)

Luk 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

the man went with Jesus into hell by which those waiting on the promise, Jesus preached and brought them out.

3rd day he came back.

1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

Jesus brought those back with him:

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

This was not an idea of mine or one scripture........................

Ok I guess I just don't see how that is him going into hell. I am not understanding. It's ok :) thanks for trying lol--- I think I'm tired

Ok I guess I just don't see how that is him going into hell. I am not understanding. It's ok :) thanks for trying lol--- I think I'm tired

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

If Scripture says God did not leave Christ in hell, then it is a good indication He was in Hell. He also preached to the spirits..... Where you going to find those? Those that came out of the grave when Jesus came back. Nobody in heaven needed preached to, He did not preach to some Ghost he found lying around. He went to hell and hell could not hold him and He brought His people out who have been waiting on the promise.

Back