1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Counseling

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by lynn w, Feb 16, 2014.

1. My ex husband has decided he is ready for counseling to reconcile if possible. I was a bit shocked but very happy. We went to counseling less than a handful of times while married through our church but I know he wouldn't be comfortable going back there. Anyone have a success story for counseling and/or reconciliation? Also, any thoughts on where to begin to look for a counselor? A different church? I'm a little hesitant about secular counseling.
    Thanks, Lynn
  2. Definitely do not go with secular counseling. If you have to, find another church. Research the background of the counselor, and make sure they have a solid biblical foundation.
  3. I agree. Make sure it is Christian counseling.
  4. I agree to make sure it's a Christian counselor. Also, investigate the background of the counselor. I think the advice you get from a Christian counselor that is divorced or never married, might be a lot different from the advice you get from a Christian counselor that has been married for over 20 years. IMHO
  5. I agree. Yes, I do. Good point.