Mark 16:9-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know when it stops being personal opinion and personal belief and when it starts being the truth? Sure, everyone is free to think and believe as they wish, and even hold onto it till their dieing breath, but that does not necessarily make it true. If there are two opposing views, then one of them HAS to be wrong and the other right, or they are both wrong.

I would like to know when it stops being personal opinion and personal belief and when it starts being the truth? Sure, everyone is free to think and believe as they wish, and even hold onto it till their dieing breath, but that does not necessarily make it true. If there are two opposing views, then one of them HAS to be wrong and the other right, or they are both wrong.

Truth can only be revealed by Holy Spirit.

All truth is taught by God the Father, confirmed in His Word, and the Holy Spirit bears witness to that truth. Without all three witnesses we do not have the truth, only some traditional thought patterns that is powerless in doing anything.

There is a huge difference between one word being removed as apposed to many verses all in a row being taken out.

Wrong brother. Those verses were added later by someone else which is the argument of those who bring those verses into question.

You can slice it and dice anyway you chose but The point is still the same. You accept one example you like and reject the other you do not like.

Allow me to respond to your comment which by the way I agree with completely. What is going on here is really very simple.

Several brothers and sisters here are for the lack of a better word, "proponents" of the Charismatic Pentecostal faith.
Now they are probably not going to confess that but all one has to do is read their comments and positions and then compare them to the Statement of Faith posted on line by the Assembly of God Association. I am NOT saying that is good or bad simply my observation and understanding from the things that have been said.

Euphemia, Fishcatcher Jim and CCW95A are all excellent Christian believers whom I respect and love. However they They seem to be proponents of that persuasion or at least that is what they have led me to think.

I am only speaking for myself here. I was once in the Charismatic Pentecostal persuasion many, many years ago. It however left way too many unanswered questions for me. Questions like, if a man has the ability to heal the sick, why is he is a church meeting instead of a hospital????

As time went by I became educated in a secular school in business administration, and followed that with degrees from a Pryesbertarian Seminary. I am at present a member of a Southern Baptist Church. So I grew up a Pentecostal, was educated in a secular school and a Pryesbertarian Seminary and now go to a Baptist Church. So to say I am a denomination person means that anyone who says that does not know what the word actually means.

Now, the conflict comes here between us because the "traditional" understand of Scriptures when compared to the Pentecostal explanation of them. That is what you are seeing take place here on CFS as we debate back and forth over which one of these explanations of Scripture is correct.

You can slice it and dice anyway you chose but The point is still the same. You accept one example you like and reject the other you do not like.
That's not scriptural. You cannot pick and choose which verses you like and reject the ones you don't. All sinners would choose God is love while ignoring adulterers and liars go to hell.

Allow me to respond to your comment which by the way I agree with completely. What is going on here is really very simple.

Several brothers and sisters here are for the lack of a better word, "proponents" of the Charismatic Pentecostal faith.
Now they are probably not going to confess that but all one has to do is read their comments and positions and then compare them to the Statement of Faith posted on line by the Assembly of God Association. I am NOT saying that is good or bad simply my observation and understanding from the things that have been said.

Euphemia, Fishcatcher Jim and CCW95A are all excellent Christian believers whom I respect and love. However they They seem to be proponents of that persuasion or at least that is what they have led me to think.

I am only speaking for myself here. I was once in the Charismatic Pentecostal persuasion many, many years ago. It however left way too many unanswered questions for me. Questions like, if a man has the ability to heal the sick, why is he is a church meeting instead of a hospital????

As time went by I became educated in a secular school in business administration, and followed that with degrees from a Pryesbertarian Seminary. I am at present a member of a Southern Baptist Church. So I grew up a Pentecostal, was educated in a secular school and a Pryesbertarian Seminary and now go to a Baptist Church. So to say I am a denomination person means that anyone who says that does not know what the word actually means.

Now, the conflict comes here between us because the "traditional" understand of Scriptures when compared to the Pentecostal explanation of them. That is what you are seeing take place here on CFS as we debate back and forth over which one of these explanations of Scripture is correct.

How can a man walk with God in His ways and not be a Faith Man ?

It comes down to, what has God revealed to each individual?
Would you say that Paul and Peter and John all had the same truths revealed to them? Of course not. Peter even says that some of what Paul writes about is hard to understand.
So we do have different revealings and understandings, which can and do change over time as we learn more and more, just as Major has explained through his experiences.
Where does that leave us? Differing maturity levels. Some are in sapling stage, others are budding, others are producing fruit. Yet we also always have the threat of weeds choking the Word in us and stony ground stunting the growth in the Word.

That's not scriptural. You cannot pick and choose which verses you like and reject the ones you don't. All sinners would choose God is love while ignoring adulterers and liars go to hell.

Absolutly my point! Thanks!
If you re-read the comment you will see that I was saying that to my brother and telling him that was in fact what he was doing.

Last edited:
Faith. That's why. God requires faith. Without faith we cannot please God. The healer is God not man.
I'm not sure what you are saying. Major said, "...if a man has the ability to heal the sick, why is he is a church meeting instead of a hospital????". Are you saying the man is in the church meeting because of faith, and can only heal there, or is it that the man has to be at the church meeting to develop the faith? Major wants to know why the man is not taking his faith and the power of God into the hospitals and causing undeniable miracles to give witness to the reality of God. Curing even 2/3 of the cancer patients there, can you imagine the sea change in the view of God's healing power and the repercussions of increasing belief in God's Word? The Pope visits a hospital, shouldn't the doctors and nurses, who aren't Catholic, report on the great recoveries happening? If even 10 people have this gift of healing following them, shouldn't we see people flocking to them for healing? There are more than a few TV channels who would document these happenings.

But as Jesus says in Matthew 13:11-16, it is not given to them to understand, for they have already closed their understanding (eyes and ears). It seems to be, that, God does not want those who have no desire to follow the Word without proof. Kinda the definition of faith.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Major said, "...if a man has the ability to heal the sick, why is he is a church meeting instead of a hospital????". Are you saying the man is in the church meeting because of faith, and can only heal there, or is it that the man has to be at the church meeting to develop the faith? Major wants to know why the man is not taking his faith and the power of God into the hospitals and causing undeniable miracles to give witness to the reality of God. Curing even 2/3 of the cancer patients there, can you imagine the sea change in the view of God's healing power and the repercussions of increasing belief in God's Word? The Pope visits a hospital, shouldn't the doctors and nurses, who aren't Catholic, report on the great recoveries happening? If even 10 people have this gift of healing following them, shouldn't we see people flocking to them for healing? There are more than a few TV channels who would document these happenings.

But as Jesus says in Matthew 13:11-16, it is not given to them to understand, for they have already closed their understanding (eyes and ears). It seems to be, that, God does not want those who have no desire to follow the Word without proof. Kinda the definition of faith.
They do...folks choose not to believe the power of God, and too many Christians don't see it for themselves so they definitely deny it and make requirements that are not required like "...if a man has the ability to heal the sick, why is he is a church meeting instead of a hospital????" This is the same vain empty argument of "if Jesus saved the world why isn't everyone automatically saved?" Faith is required. YouTube is filled with examples just like the word of God. Learn the protocols of the word of God and you'd understand how the power of God works. Faith of salvation is the same faith for anything else. If one doesn't have faith for issues in their lives, how can they be certain they have faith for salvation?

Unbelief hinders and stops the Word of God from working. The Word of God needs faith for it to produce its results. Jesus (the Word of God) could do no "mighty works" in his own home town because of their unbelief (no faith).

Mar 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
Mar 6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Last edited:
Unbelief hinders and stops the Word of God from working. The Word of God needs faith for it to produce its results. Jesus (the Word of God) could do no "mighty works" in his own home town because their unbelief (no faith).

Mar 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
Mar 6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Curtis here is an example of what you are talking about.

A Pastor spends a lot of time in the prissions and especially those housing the meaner inmates and max security and so forth. He leaves a lot of teaching material there. In one prission the warden got saved as well and has sence forth moved up the ladder.

Now then here are these in-mates who even have killed while in prission getting hooked up on the word of God and getting saved. They have no other doctines getting pushed at them and no religous un-belief being pushed on them as we have out in the world.

Now the meanest of the bunch got saved - spent time reading and then a group of them got the pastor on his next trip and said.........we want to go to the infirmary and lay hands on the sick. The pastor said it quickened him and he knew that most pastors would have at that point said - well boys I would like to but I am needed down town and split. So the pastor said - YEA Lets go........

Now these boys have no doubt or unbelief running in their veins......They would pray over some and lay hands on them and then called it done and moved on. All They knew is what Gods word says and they Believed with out doubt or fear.

So what happened ? Healing and deliverance took place brother. A guy who had cancer so bad and had fans around him to blow the stink of rotting flesh away is now taking the gospel to others in the world. Yep he not only got healed but God also got him out of prission.

Ok to make this short..............
Folks today have a religious mind set even if they wont admit to it.
They doubt and have fear........Example..........what if it does not happen ? I am gonna look like a fool........I might get sued............When you place anything over what God said in His word , then you have given more authority to these things then Gods Word.

People tend to say - well if God wanted me to pray or lay hands on them then He would have shook the earth and given me a sign..........He did - He told us in His word.......He gave us the authority and power already........It is not That God does not do these things any more - it is man fouling things up with his mind - doubt-fear- doctrines and simply too busy in this life and Not getting in His word and staying in His word and getting all these things that hinder him out of his life.

That old excuse - well why is the man in church and not the hospitials then...........Ummm go ask the man that question or is this just an excuse to not do anything ?
Blessings
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back