Many Will Say "lord, Lord..."

Old age must be addling my brain, I don't even understand what they're arguing about.

Dadgummed if you are not right my brother. I was reading the thread and BOOM! One on one like a boxing match and I thought I must have been asleep for the past couple of hours. What did we miss that started this confrontation????????

I was thinking exactly the same thing but I didn't want to ask and appear to look stupid.
(Opps, not that you are ...oh well you know what I mean)

The scriptures themselves put all sound doctrine under His revelation..as to be understood by what He taught as the true gospel. I have already posted some of these statements of the scriptures and there are many more....If any man teach a gospel other than that which Paul taught it is a false gospel... Even and Angel from heaven cannot contradict that which Paul has taught in his epistles.

That is the gospel truth as far as I can tell........what is the problem with that?????

Some one clue me in!

Now now children, stop your squabbling....no one is taking their ball and bat and going home and no one is being sent to their room...(just kidding brothers)

I realize some see the rest of the Apostles teaching and statements as requiring a Pauline magnifying glass and others in Christendom almost reject Paul as secondary...both are extremes in my humble opinion...some hold Paul in a higher place...this in fact is against what Paul himself taught, some hold Peter as the highest and most authoritative (another human error)...

So I know I do not see or read the other NT or OT writings in light of Paul at all...many things Paul says are isolated and taken out of context by some and when they do this they contradict plain statements of scripture found in other places...I know some for example who so emphasize what is said in Ephesians 1:3-11 that the miss (or intentionally ignore) the conclusion summary of verses 13 and 14....

So maybe I am not clear on what you mean Mitzpa but I know you are a child of God so maybe make the point more clear...

Is Paul's gospel different in some way? Or does it somehow define or interpret the meaning that others may have left unclear? What? I am listening to hear the actual point....and then we can discuss the theology of that issue (and in the end we may still agree to disagree, but you are forever my brother, this I know...do siblings always agree on all matters?)

If this is about ANOTHER GOSPEL, I encourage you all to turn to the thread by our brother Tan on this site where he is teaching the world that salvation is only by keeping the Law, and we of course must be baptized to be saved, and of yes, we have to worship on Saturday and not Sunday. Now that is ANOTHER GOSPEL!

It is the gospel of the Judizers and legalists who say that the death, burial and resurrection is not enough to be saved by or through.

You are full of scriptures: but not in the context of the apostles. You are backto your old tricks.

Where did this come from Candy man? Is there some background here between you and Mitspha that needs to be confessed and repented of so that we can all move on???????

Isn't being full of Scriptures a good thing?

There are some here who claim to know the Scriptures when in fact the only ones they know are the ones that they believe allows them to speak in tongues or raise the dead.

It seems to me I have missed something or walked into the middle of a spat without knowing it.

If this is about ANOTHER GOSPEL, I encourage you all to turn to the thread by our brother Tan on this site where he is teaching the world that salvation is only by keeping the Law, and we of course must be baptized to be saved, and of yes, we have to worship on Saturday and not Sunday. Now that is ANOTHER GOSPEL!

It is the gospel of the Judizers and legalists who say that the death, burial and resurrection is not enough to be saved by or through.
No I believe many of us can see through that and agree in its error...but some error is harder to see? I believe its because many do not understand Pauls epistles as they should. And the issue of those who have these signs and wonders in the Name of the Lord and are rejected by Him in the end is clearly found in those who turn from the Spirit (faith) and back to the flesh (law).. They are those to whom Christ warning is made. Christ rejects no man but many reject His Grace and in the end they will be rejected.

Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment

No I believe many of us can see through that and agree in its error...but some error is harder to see? I believe its because many do not understand Pauls epistles as they should. And the issue of those who have these signs and wonders in the Name of the Lord and are rejected by Him in the end is clearly found in those who turn from the Spirit (faith) and back to the flesh (law).. They are those to whom Christ warning is made. Christ rejects no man but many reject His Grace and in the end they will be rejected.

Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment

And since that is both logically true and Biblically sound, where is the problem with Candy man over such a comment?

Is this about those who want to practice the signs and wonders today as did the apostles to whom those signs and wonders were given too????

Where did this come from Candy man? Is there some background here between you and Mitspha that needs to be confessed and repented of so that we can all move on???????

There are some here who claim to know the Scriptures when in fact the only ones they know are the ones that they believe allows them to speak in tongues or raise the dead.

It seems to me I have missed something or walked into the middle of a spat without knowing it.
Its really pretty simple? Provoke Mitspa and get him into a dispute and maybe they will kick him off the forum... Not new, happens everywhere I proclaim the true gospel.

Its really pretty simple? Provoke Mitspa and get him into a dispute and maybe they will kick him off the forum... Not new, happens everywhere I proclaim the true gospel.

If it is that simple, I wonder why I haven't be thrown into the lions den yet. I have probably made a lot of people mad because I can not see any difference in what we are saying.

Salvation is by the grace of God and NOTHING ELSE!

Ephesians 2:8.....
"For BY grace are ye ye saved THROUGH faith and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast".

Salvation has nothing to do with baptism, keeping the law, going to church, or being able to speak in tongues or raise the sick and the dead.

Isn't that what we have been saying all along? And since it is, what is the argument from Mr. Candy man about because Glomung really wants to know?

Dadgummed if you are not right my brother. I was reading the thread and BOOM! One on one like a boxing match and I thought I must have been asleep for the past couple of hours. What did we miss that started this confrontation????????

I was thinking exactly the same thing but I didn't want to ask and appear to look stupid.
(Opps, not that you are ...oh well you know what I mean)
LOL. Same here. I even went back a few pages and still don't understand what's being argued about.

If it is that simple, I wonder why I haven't be thrown into the lions den yet. I have probably made a lot of people mad because I can not see any difference in what we are saying.

Salvation is by the grace of God and NOTHING ELSE!

Ephesians 2:8.....
"For BY grace are ye ye saved THROUGH faith and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast".

Salvation has nothing to do with baptism, keeping the law, going to church, or being able to speak in tongues or raise the sick and the dead.

Isn't that what we have been saying all along? And since it is, what is the argument from Mr. Candy man about because Glomung really wants to know?
your time is coming brother;)

Ugh now I'm getting confused again.
Well sis, I am glad to explain my understanding of your scripture and to whom the Lords warning is being made. I allow that others see it different...In fact a lot of what I teach is that which only God has shown to me. Its a little lonely out here on this limb but I can prove what I am saying by Gods Word.... In clear context.

Did the Lord not say that if any man come to Him that He would in no wise cast out? Christ does not reject these people, they reject Him according to His grace and have been "cut-off" from Him. Even tho they had seen great moves and works of God...just as in Gal. They turned from grace back to the law...In that they have been "cut-off" from Christ.

Ro 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Ro 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ga 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Amen

Well, Beloved, because this is an "open" forum, everyone can be brought into the conversation...and can agree or disagree with what is being said. Because of that, I will respect your question.
The JW's are also full of scriptures: yet can they be justified without the Gospel? Many denominations read where Abram believed God and was justified: I believed Abram believed God's promise: and that we also should believe in the promise to be saved (that is, speaking from an unsaved position).

Being "full of the scriptures" is a good thing, if it is done legitimately; that is, without accusations and then claiming to be offended.
If I present a scripture, I should expect to either be corrected, or heard. But as a common courtesy, I should be shown where I am being corrected: especially if I am being subtlety accused of doctrinal error,

As for speaking in tongues or raising the dead, I believe that God can give a man the opportunity to do both: after all, it is His Church, and His scriptures. I don't believe that everyone in the Church has the gift of speaking in tongues, nor the faith to raise the dead: but I would not want to limit God. And if the Church has the Holy Spirit in her, I would not limit the Holy Spirit, either!

Just my thoughts, Beloved. And I apologize to the Brethren if I have allowed my personal zest to offend all of you.

Did the Lord not say that if any man come to Him that He would in no wise cast out? Christ does not reject these people, they reject Him according to His grace and have been "cut-off" from Him. Even tho they had seen great moves and works of God...just as in Gal. They turned from grace back to the law...In that they have been "cut-off" from Christ.
Fallen from grace in context meant going back to the law for sanctification, it does not mean loss of salvation. It means that living by a set of rules is not going to sanctify anyone because we are to live by faith and faith in positional truth. Positional truth says we already possess everything we need to live the mature Christian life. To go back to the law is to fall from grace living and return to law living.

Back