Many Christians Have Blasphemed The Holy Spirit.

Its not rebuking the speaking in tongues
it attributing it to satan or a demon when it could be the work of the Holy Spirit,
very dangerous ground to tread on.
I have never spoken in any sort of tongue except English.

Tongues is for every single believer as it's actually praying in the spirit (Spirit) God certainly does not want any of his to be void of all the things available.

Saying God took this one home early, and God wanted that one not to be healed of disease is also attributing evil works to the Holy Spirit. God must commission or kill people with the Holy Spirit and God is not the theif, murderer or destroyer.

I suspect though many are speaking against the power of God, they do it out of ignorance and being silly.

I was a Benny Hinn skeptic from watching him on television. One day, he came to speak at my school. The guy has a magnetism about him which is really rather scary.

There are many who are quite fond of Hinn, but I am now more skeptical of Hinn than I was before. Is the Holy Spirit working through Hinn? I have my doubts. Can the Holy Spirit still perform miracles? I have no doubt He can and does, but when one grows as wealthy as has Hinn based on a proclaimed ability to direct the workings of the Holy Spirit the skeptic in me shows up.

Jesus said anyone not against him be for him on his part. I know for a fact folks have been healed at his meetings. I also seen God use a guy high on Herion to raise someone from the dead.

God also used a Donkey to save a prophet.

Anyone used by God to help, heal and do miracles need to get the right perspective. God used a fish for Jesus to pay tax.

Blessings.

I was a Benny Hinn skeptic from watching him on television. One day, he came to speak at my school. The guy has a magnetism about him which is really rather scary.

There are many who are quite fond of Hinn, but I am now more skeptical of Hinn than I was before. Is the Holy Spirit working through Hinn? I have my doubts. Can the Holy Spirit still perform miracles? I have no doubt He can and does, but when one grows as wealthy as has Hinn based on a proclaimed ability to direct the workings of the Holy Spirit the skeptic in me shows up.
Benny Hinn is a false prophet and a heresy. Stay away please.

A true Christian cannot commit this unpardonable sin of blaspheming Holy Spirit. To do this, one has to KNOW that it is Holy Spirit at work and then condemn it as the work of Satan.

Ignorance on the part of Christians to understand and receive what God's word teaches concerning the manifestations of Holy Spirit is forgivable. Only a reprobate---demonically inspired, can commit this sin, knowing the difference between something demonic and something of God.

I would not put your mouth on other men of God. The foolish and stupid fall into that trap. We have to be judged by the things we say about others. The World speaks like this, we should have no part of it.

You will find if people want to follow bad things, then there is something wrong with their heart, not with the bad thing they are following.

Like saying beer is evil and you should not drink it, stay away. It's only evil for those wanting to abuse it and drink it though. If not the beer, it would be something else.

We shouldn't make such criticisms of people we do not know personally. It is really just gossip and we all know what God thinks about gossip, and about those who heed it.

The only sin that will never be forgiven is "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit", which is also known as "unbelief"
Unbelief is when someone knows the truth but has rejected that truth, which the whole world is guilty of.
The Holy Spirit is the agent which God uses to "convict" the world of their sins. Rejecting that conviction is blaspheming the Holy Spirit by which it comes.

The only sin that will never be forgiven is "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit", which is also known as "unbelief"
Unbelief is when someone knows the truth but has rejected that truth, which the whole world is guilty of.
The Holy Spirit is the agent which God uses to "convict" the world of their sins. Rejecting that conviction is blaspheming the Holy Spirit by which it comes.
I've never thought of it quite like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right.

Sounds good, but that is not the example Jesus gave when talking about what that sin was. We need to stick with scripture only.

We also need a scripture that the Holy Spirit convicts people of sin

The law convicts the World of sin, I have lots of scriptures to prove that. For where there is no law, sin is not imputed.

Convict means to be found guilty of, which you mentioned the World is already found guilty.

The Greek Word repove is used as to feel shame, or show fault.

The fault that is shown is not believing on Jesus.

Joh 16:8-9 kjva 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

So it's not rejecting the knowing that one is at fault in knowing Jesus. It's not believing on Jesus that gets them in trouble.

Blasphemy is an act of speaking against, Jesus was talking about not believing on him once the Holy Spirit shows them they need him.

Sounds good, but that is not the example Jesus gave when talking about what that sin was. We need to stick with scripture only.

We also need a scripture that the Holy Spirit convicts people of sin

The law convicts the World of sin, I have lots of scriptures to prove that. For where there is no law, sin is not imputed.

Convict means to be found guilty of, which you mentioned the World is already found guilty.

The Greek Word repove is used as to feel shame, or show fault.

The fault that is shown is not believing on Jesus.

Joh 16:8-9 kjva 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

So it's not rejecting the knowing that one is at fault in knowing Jesus. It's not believing on Jesus that gets them in trouble.

Blasphemy is an act of speaking against, Jesus was talking about not believing on him once the Holy Spirit shows them they need him.

Brother, what is worse, doing what you know is wrong, or not doing what you know is right? They are both sins, even though one carries no action with it. That inaction is a action. In not "believing" is speaking against the truth.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
Joh 16:8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
Joh 16:9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; (ESV)

The word "convict" In the KJB = "reprove"
ἐλέγχω
elégchō; fut. elégxō. To shame, disgrace, but only in Class. Gr. In the NT, to convict, to prove one in the wrong and thus to shame him. Trans.:

Do not forget Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life"

Last edited:
Brother, what is worse, doing what you know is wrong, or not doing what you know is right? They are both sins, even though one carries no action with it. That inaction is a action. In not "believing" is speaking against the truth.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
Joh 16:8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
Joh 16:9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; (ESV)

The word "convict" In the KJB = "reprove"
ἐλέγχω
elégchō; fut. elégxō. To shame, disgrace, but only in Class. Gr. In the NT, to convict, to prove one in the wrong and thus to shame him. Trans.:

Do not forget Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life"

I understand what your saying. I have heard this reasoning before.

Reprove means to shame, to show wrong. The sin is not believing on Jesus.

That is not blasphemy or saying the Holy Spirit is a devil, or the the power of God is doing evil. That is unbelief.

To commit a sin, there has to be a law in place. A unbeliever does not even know the Holy Spirit, or even understand what they are rejecting.

You are only responsible for the light you have and some don't even have ears to hear about Jesus as they won't listen. They have to hear something first.

So unbelief in Jesus is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's not like they commit extra sin to be extra damned as they start out damned already.

If someone has no ears to hear, and the Holy Spirit does not get a chance to shame them or show they need Jesus, then they still are damned already.

To be reproved, one has to recieve. To get a chance to recieve, one has to hear.

So, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is accusing the power of God to do evil. Just like the example Jesus gave.

It's taking sides against the power of God, the Holy Spirit in knowing what your taking sides against.

It's a personal attack against the Holy Spirit to accuse of being evil.

It means to rally against, injurious speech against anothers good name.

that is the Greek meaning.

Unbelief in Jesus is not the same thing after being reproved. If that was the case, then those that did have shame and reproof but still did not budge, but kept hearing and later came to Jesus would never have a chance. I would be one of them.

I understand what your saying. I have heard this reasoning before.

Reprove means to shame, to show wrong. The sin is not believing on Jesus.

That is not blasphemy or saying the Holy Spirit is a devil, or the the power of God is doing evil. That is unbelief.

To commit a sin, there has to be a law in place. A unbeliever does not even know the Holy Spirit, or even understand what they are rejecting.

You are only responsible for the light you have and some don't even have ears to hear about Jesus as they won't listen. They have to hear something first.

So unbelief in Jesus is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's not like they commit extra sin to be extra damned as they start out damned already.

If someone has no ears to hear, and the Holy Spirit does not get a chance to shame them or show they need Jesus, then they still are damned already.

To be reproved, one has to recieve. To get a chance to recieve, one has to hear.

So, the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is accusing the power of God to do evil. Just like the example Jesus gave.

It's taking sides against the power of God, the Holy Spirit in knowing what your taking sides against.

It's a personal attack against the Holy Spirit to accuse of being evil.

It means to rally against, injurious speech against anothers good name.

that is the Greek meaning.

Unbelief in Jesus is not the same thing after being reproved. If that was the case, then those that did have shame and reproof but still did not budge, but kept hearing and later came to Jesus would never have a chance. I would be one of them.
Are there then two sins that will never be forgiven? I thought there was only one! If "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is unpardonable, then would that not make "unbelief" forgivable?

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Unbelief will never be forgiven, neither will "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" which makes them both the same since ALL manner of sin will be forgiven except these two which would make them the same.

Bother Juk, does your comment come from you, or did someone else tell you this?
I did my research on this man actually on this same day. He made many false prophecies in the name of God, such as God was going to kill all homosexuals in the year 1995.
Here is a quote from Hinn,
"...But I am telling you right now, things I haven't said years 'n years 'n years ago. I believe - here this, hear this! I believe, that Jesus, God's Son, is about to appear physically, in meetings and to believers around the world, to wake us up! He appeared after His resurrection and He is about to appear before His second coming! You know a prophetess sent me a word through my wife, right here, and she said 'Tell your husband that Jesus is go'n to physically appear in his meetings.' I am expecting to see, I am telling you that - I feel it's going to happen...."

False teacher indeed.

The only way "unbelief" can be forgiven is if you become a "believer" if not then "unbelief" will never be forgiven!
The only reason a person goes from "unbelief" to "believer" is by the "conviction" of the Holy Spirit. If that person rejects the Holy Spirits conviction, there is no forgiveness.

Last edited:
I would not put your mouth on other men of God. The foolish and stupid fall into that trap. We have to be judged by the things we say about others. The World speaks like this, we should have no part of it.

You will find if people want to follow bad things, then there is something wrong with their heart, not with the bad thing they are following.

Like saying beer is evil and you should not drink it, stay away. It's only evil for those wanting to abuse it and drink it though. If not the beer, it would be something else.
Benny Hinn has made many false "prophecies" in the name of God. For example,
"The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90's, about '94-'95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America. [audience applauds] But He will not destroy it - with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."

"The Spirit tells me - Fidel Castro will die - in the 90's. Oooh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God."

"Ladies and gentleman, Jesus is shaking the world! Now something else is happening that is to me awesome! Absolutely awesome! The Lord is physically appearing in the Muslim world. I'm telling you, Paul, I am hearing it now more and more and more. Since we preachers cannot go there, Jesus is - just going there Himself. Since we preachers are not permitted to go in, He is just showing up - Himself. You know the Scriptures says clearly that the Lord did appear, did He not? Ah for forty days, isn't that right? And the, and the, and the Scriptures says he, he, he even, he even appeared to Paul. Now we are always thinking, well Jesus can't really preach, preach the Gospel. Who told you that? He was the first one to preach the Gospel. In fact He is the one who came to Paul and said, Paul, I am Jesus. He, He didn't send no angel to do that job. He did it Himself. If Jesus revealed Himself to Paul, why not reveal Himself to a lot more than just Paul? And He is doing it! The reason the Lord had to appear to Paul is because He knew Paul wouldn't listen to nobody else. Now in the case of Cornelius, the angel said send for Peter, 'cause, because Cornelius was, was ready, his heart was right, he'd been in prayer. But here's Paul killing everybody, causing 'em to blaspheme, Jesus said this man won't even listen to an angel, so I'll go do the job myself. So He went and knocked him right off his horse and preached the Gospel to him. He's doing the same thing today in the Muslim world. He's appearing, hear this, He is appearing toMuslims, saying I am Jesus of Nazareth! And they're coming to know the Lord! Why are those things happening? It's the last days! Saints, this is why we need to give to the Gospel now more than ever. You know naively say well I gave last year. Forget it! Last year it's gone! That cycle is over with! Seed time - harvest of last year is gone. Every season is a fresh season. We are in a fresh season."

"The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid 90's, about '94-'95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America. [audience applauds] But He will not destroy it - with what many minds have thought Him to be, He will destroy it with fire. And many will turn and be saved, and many will rebel and be destroyed."

"The Spirit tells me - Fidel Castro will die - in the 90's. Oooh my! Some will try to kill him and they will not succeed. But there will come a change in his physical health, and he will not stay in power, and Cuba will be visited of God."

"Ladies and gentleman, Jesus is shaking the world! Now something else is happening that is to me awesome! Absolutely awesome! The Lord is physically appearing in the Muslim world. I'm telling you, Paul, I am hearing it now more and more and more. Since we preachers cannot go there, Jesus is - just going there Himself. Since we preachers are not permitted to go in, He is just showing up - Himself. You know the Scriptures says clearly that the Lord did appear, did He not? Ah for forty days, isn't that right? And the, and the, and the Scriptures says he, he, he even, he even appeared to Paul. Now we are always thinking, well Jesus can't really preach, preach the Gospel. Who told you that? He was the first one to preach the Gospel. In fact He is the one who came to Paul and said, Paul, I am Jesus. He, He didn't send no angel to do that job. He did it Himself. If Jesus revealed Himself to Paul, why not reveal Himself to a lot more than just Paul? And He is doing it! The reason the Lord had to appear to Paul is because He knew Paul wouldn't listen to nobody else. Now in the case of Cornelius, the angel said send for Peter, 'cause, because Cornelius was, was ready, his heart was right, he'd been in prayer. But here's Paul killing everybody, causing 'em to blaspheme, Jesus said this man won't even listen to an angel, so I'll go do the job myself. So He went and knocked him right off his horse and preached the Gospel to him. He's doing the same thing today in the Muslim world. He's appearing, hear this, He is appearing toMuslims, saying I am Jesus of Nazareth! And they're coming to know the Lord! Why are those things happening? It's the last days! Saints, this is why we need to give to the Gospel now more than ever. You know naively say well I gave last year. Forget it! Last year it's gone! That cycle is over with! Seed time - harvest of last year is gone. Every season is a fresh season. We are in a fresh season."
I asked you that question to make sure you are not listening to someone else tell you what is right or wrong, and that you use the anointing God has placed within you to determine truth from error.

I asked you that question to make sure you are not listening to someone else tell you what is right or wrong, and that you use the anointing God has placed within you to determine truth from error.
I didn't think of asking Jesus to guide me and show me the truth. But I do believe that this man is a false teacher, though.

Ya, and love covers a mutitude of sin. If we judge not, it's written we shall not be judged.

I have to ask since we reap what we sow. If you or I make a mistake, or even get way off and away from God. Do we want people to speak bad about us? Or do we want people to pray for us and say nothing until we get back on track?

Benny Hinn can only mislead those that want to be mislead. He is not a bad guy, but I certainly don't listen to him.

Benny followed Catherine and picked up some strange ideas through the years. It could be he is just confused himself.

I know He did not make Crefflo Dollar very happy when He preached in Crefflo's church.

It's best to only speak good about people, no matter if they are goofy.

Back