magic

is magic and rituals and magical books or items real or fake there allot of story about famous people and movies to tv shows that people get tricked to use this so there soul is attach to demon curse

is magic and rituals and magical books or items real or fake there allot of story about famous people and movies to tv shows that people get tricked to use this so there soul is attach to demon curse

In my opinion; most "magic" is just trickery/ deception-which is why it is attributed to the devil. As for 'demon activity'; the Bible clearly states that Christians are in a 'Spiritual Battle'; even heaven is this battle.

Paul warns us in Ephesians:

4:
27 Neither give place to the devil.

5:
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

6:
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

My opinion is that you have to go out of your way to 'seek out' demon possession or you have to be targeted for demon possession. And God has to ALLOW it....

There is no such thing as "magic". Words are just so much air, regardless of content or intent, and hand waving only shoos off flies.
All those folks who call themselves witches, sorcerers, and whatever else are seriously deluded. Their words, gestures, and trinkets have no more
power than the idle wishes of a child.

What does have power and is often mistaken for "magic" is the influence of Satan and his minions.
They can, and often do, actual harm.

When they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living? To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn. - Bible

There is no such thing as "magic". Words are just so much air, regardless of content or intent, and hand waving only shoos off flies.
All those folks who call themselves witches, sorcerers, and whatever else are seriously deluded. Their words, gestures, and trinkets have no more

What does have power and is often mistaken for "magic" is the influence of Satan and his minions.

Interesting perspective. My question would be if Satan is influencing, or giving power, can we call this act magic, or does magic have a specific definition in regards to power?

I've always considered my iPhone magical. ;)

Interesting perspective. My question would be if Satan is influencing, or giving power, can we call this act magic, or does magic have a specific definition in regards to power?

I've always considered my iPhone magical. ;)

The traditional notion of "magic" is that a person who is trained in occult arts can speak certain words or phrases, with or without certain gestures and tools, and certain things will happen without any apparent natural cause. An example being a 'witch' finds an item belonging to a person they wish to curse, puts the item in a bowl of 'magic potion stuff', says the magic words, stabs the item with her athame (magic dagger) and the person who is cursed dies.

If any of it actually worked reliably, occultists would not be the fringe hacks and mental ward wannabes that they are.

I often have a habit of calling their influences magic, though I guess it can be misleading to call it that since so often, "magic" suggests some sort of power from within. Although I wouldn't call it a miracle of course. Either way, you're right.

Whether it be slight of hand, or rituals it speaks of witchcraft and deception and I for one caution all to avoid it!

I can do magic.. I can easily detach my finger and attach it back without any pain.. Ask my 3 year old daughter.. Amazes her every time!! :D

Coming back to topic, most (I say most) of the magic are just good science. Most of the magicians lie.. And they live their entire life for that lie.. If you have seen the movie "The Prestige" you would know what I mean..

Magic, ala David Copperfield, is about illusion and distracting the known senses and we wonder how it is done, but are assured that if you knew the trick, it would all make sense. People can be fooled. People with good intent may want to be fooled. Scripture warns us against contacting the dead for very good reason. By going against scripture, you open portals to evil. As WTM posted, consult with God - He never lies or deceives.

I can do magic.. I can easily detach my finger and attach it back without any pain.. Ask my 3 year old daughter.. Amazes her every time!! :D

Coming back to topic, most (I say most) of the magic are just good science. Most of the magicians lie.. And they live their entire life for that lie.. If you have seen the movie "The Prestige" you would know what I mean..

I use to wow the kids with the magic extending arm trick. (requires long sleeve shirt)
Stretch both arms out in front of you to show that they are the same length, take your left hand and tug on your right hand while extending
your right arm a bit, your right sleeve will naturally ride up your arm a bit producing the illusion that your right arm has become longer.

What prompted you to ask this question? Demons are not subject to man's control; magic and other such rituals are nonsense. What astounds me is that these people think they can control a demon or that one won't turn on them. Demons hate ALL humans, those filled with the HS and those that are not. Why do they still detest those who are not in Christ? As long as they (humans) are still alive, they have the choice/free will of accepting Christ into their hearts. Thank God we have authority over demons in Jesus name!

What prompted you to ask this question? Demons are not subject to man's control; magic and other such rituals are nonsense. What astounds me is that these people think they can control a demon or that one won't turn on them. Demons hate ALL humans, those filled with the HS and those that are not. Why do they still detest those who are not in Christ? As long as they (humans) are still alive, they have the choice/free will of accepting Christ into their hearts. Thank God we have authority over demons in Jesus name!

Agreed. IMO there is no such thing as Black magic (Bad) and White (Good) magic.
Both are rooted in deception and deceptinion is the thing that Satan temped Eve with.

Back