Macarthur's Understanding Of The Holy Spirit

Something like what sounds to have happened in this church can be a terrible faith breaker. It sounds like your faith strengthened. Corrected? Maybe the wrong word. But I would be interested in what you find as answers.
May God's blessings continue to you
My son and his wife stopped by yesterday, and I talked to them about it. My son answered, giving the answer I did not want to hear. He was right. I felt it to my bones. It made me very angry at the time, but I give in -- I give up.

I apologize to our G-d for being so stubborn and proud, for caring more about my reputation than about Him and His will. I was wrong, and I am getting over it all. Now, I need to stop wallowing in it.

Thank you, Silk. :) You've been a blessing to me.

... I think I remember Paul saying no murderers would inherit the Kingdom of God
And neither will any of these others ...

“He who overcomes shall inherit all things,and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral,
sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars
shall have their part in the lake
which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Rev 21:7-8)

“… you know that NO murderer has eternal life abiding in him” (1 John 3:).

You will know, if you listen to this brother's explanation of these things ...
... I suggest that you start @ 12:50 ...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dorothycrothers/2014/07/24/the-appearance-portal-july-24-2014-motk10

Mr. Augusto Perez, self proclaimed "prophet" and "apostle". The first few minutes is an ad to quit smoking, then a 10 minute song and another 7 minutes for a conference Perez is running. Perez says that you can tell the real voice of God from the fake. How? By spending time with God, listening. He goes on to say that going to church, bible school or study will not teach you correctly. I listened for 1/2 hr. I dunno if I'm going back to hear the rest.

Correction: 1/2 way thru - Perez does say that you can read the bible to get to know the past experience. But he uses as an example to know it is of God and not deceitful spirits, a woman who had a spirit come to her claiming to be God. She didn't know until the spirit started getting "fresh" (my word) with her and she then discerned it was not of God. He says your spirit will know if something doesn't fit - never mind testing it right off the bat. His discussion of speaking in tongues is the spirit bypasses the brain. He doesn't give any explanation for why nor does it corroborate saying that God wants us to understand and listen to him. Something that doesn't happen with tongues. His metaphor of us being like computers with different special "hardware" is poor, nevermind his confusion over software downloads.

You will know, if you listen to this brother's explanation of these things ...
... I suggest that you start @ 12:50 ...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dorothycrothers/2014/07/24/the-appearance-portal-july-24-2014-motk10

Why should I listen to a "brother" when I have the Holy Spirit to teach me?

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 Jn 2:27

It's really simple,

God said it, ...He meant it, ....I believe it!

If you want to follow after some man, that's your prerogative, after all, you have free will ...hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
Why should I listen to a "brother" when I have the Holy Spirit to teach me?
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
It's really simple,
God said it, ...He meant it, ....I believe it!
If you want to follow after some man, that's your prerogative, after all, you have free will ...hope it works out for you.
What's really simple is really simple ...
God has given different giftings and offices to specific individuals in the church for the edifying, etc. of the church.
Something else that is simple is ... you are part of the church.

Now, how about getting rid of the idea that you know, etc. everything just because you can hear the Spirit's voice!
Hello!

God has given different giftings and offices to specific individuals in the church for the edifying, etc. of the church.

Now, how about getting rid of the idea that you know, etc. everything just because you can hear the Spirit's voice!
Hello!

You are totally, absolutely correct!!!

The gift of teaching is given to men and women in the Church, when it's time for the gift to be used by the Holy Spirit, when the church has assembled to study and hear the Word, the Holy Spirit is speaking through the person He is empowering, simultaneously the Holy Spirit is testifying within each of His children that what they are hearing is from Him Rev 2:7, hence the meaning and sense of 1 Jn 2:27, we must take into account and believe that 27 of the 28 books of the New Testament, the Holy Spirit inspired, warn about false teachers and as we near the end it will become worse and worse (that's the subject of this thread), so for true, born again children of God, who have the Holy Spirit living inside of them, when someone says they are speaking with the authority of the Holy Spirit, that they are utilizing the gift of teaching to teach the Church, it's the Holy Spirit inside of me that either testifys that is from Him or not, ...with a simple, yes, yes spoken to my spirit, or a no, no, warning me it is not from Him and is false teaching.

However, sad but true, Jesus warns us about tares in the church Mat 13:24-30 and Paul teaches us satan's ministers can be behind the pulpit 2 Cor 11:13-15, so it's the tares, that aren't indwelt by the Holy Spirit, those that haven't received the love of the Truth 2 Thes 2:10-12 that fall for, believe this false teaching, ...also Paul tells us there are born again children of God that have resisted the Holy Spirit and sound doctrine Acts 7:51, and so doing they grieve the Holy Spirit Eph 4:30 until finally they quench His voice 1 Thes 5:19, they can no longer hear the promptings of the Holy Spirit in their spirit and they fall into the snare, trap of the devil and are actually working for him. 2 Tim 2:24-26

So you see, I don't know anything that hasn't been revealed to me through the gift of teaching by/from the Holy Spirit, ...actually I'm quite stupid.

It's that simple, ...but I'm sure you already know all of this.

Last edited:

Hello!

Well, I watched your link. Did you extend the same courtesy to the OP? Because unlike Perez, MacArthur actually tells you how to listen to God's voice - he tells you to read the bible with the HS. And he backs it up with in context scripture, after scripture, after scripture. Unlike Perez, who quotes every scripture with the word "apostle" and 2 "I am an apostle" by Peter and Paul, to prove Perez is an apostle. And Perez acknowledges that people can be lead by false "spirits" but tells you that the only way to discern real from false is by "spending time with" God and most people don't want to "pay this price" but he says nothing about challenging/testing spirits - just spend time with whaever comes and you will know if anything else doesn't fit. Perez says he got the "call" to preach/teach, right after he became born again. Now that it's 30 yrs in the past, he uses these years to again claim status as a prophet and preacher. He says he doesn't like people collecting money for getting out the Christ message but there are commercials in the radio broadcast and on the page (which is ok but you notice MacArthur's video is commercial free - all of his are and actually get to see him as he talks - and no virtual collection plates!) and Perez charges for his conferences.
Which reminds me - I'm streaming the Pike's Peak Prophecy Summit. Wow!!! is all I can say.

Pike's Peak Prophecy Summit?

Gonna share?

It's put on by Prophecy in the News and cost $50. You can repeat the talks for the next 30 days.But I imagine it will all go to Youtube eventually. Stan Deyo says he has found Eden in Africa. Almost all the speakers feel we are on the edge of end times. Bill Federer gives a talk on Islam/Muslim history and their plans for "takeover" & compares Christian and Muslim doctrine. Islam - 1) immigrate 2)expand believers 3)eliminate nonbelievers. Avi Lipkin's talk: "ISIS, Bagdad, See You in NY". They are all taking scripture and applying it to modern day events. Russ Dizdar's talk: "A Prophecy on Dark Spirits, Fighting Future Battles Now". Bill Salus: "Nuclear Showdown in Iran: The Prophecy of Elam". Russ Breault: "The Shroud of Turin: God is in the Details". Every one I have listened to is fascinating with up to the minute news/details/research. Dizdar is powerful!

Back