M Rated Games?

Is it okay for a Christian to play M Rated Games?

• Yes, it's always okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's never okay.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sometimes, depending on the game's content and if it goes against the Bible or God in any way.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What right do you have to tell him that he is in a dangerous place? You don't know him nor do you know how his faith is with God. You can't just point out flaws.

Not me-but He that is in me; your argument is with Christ my friend. Read your Bible.

The difference is I am mature enough to admit my faults. I know I am a sinner-and I am a big enough boy to admit what is sin.

God Bless you friend.

So if I play video games. My eternal salvation is at stake? Again, your theory doesn't make any sense. The only time eternal salvation is at stake is if you don't accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and believe that he died on the cross and confess our sins.

And how do you accept Jesus?

Note#1 : Playing a GAME in itself.
Video is different from M Rated Video
General vs. Specific
Saying they are the same will be a fallacy of faulty generalization.
Similar to ‘all the trees” vs. “all the trees except one” (faulty generalization)
There are rating used in video games, for one:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Note#2: PLAYING a GAME and using your time wisely.
This is the one that is debatable.
We need to consider age, it is a observable fact that kids do play, as toddler do play... even adults do play certain games....
Consider responsibility, time spent on playing and time spent on learning.

Note# 3 Is there danger in M Rated Video.
YES imo, a possibility, : If one hear the same “foul/swearing” words everyday, is one inclined to use it?

Last edited:
Note#1 : Playing a GAME in itself.
Video is different from M Rated Video
General vs. Specific
Saying they are the same will be a fallacy of faulty generalization.
Similar to ‘all the trees” vs. “all the trees except one” (faulty generalization)
There are rating used in video games, for one:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Note#2: PLAYING a GAME and using your time wisely.
This is the one that is debatable.
We need to consider age, it is a observable fact that kids do play, as toddler do play... even adults do play certain games....
Consider responsibility, time spent on playing and time spent on learning.

Note# 3 Is there danger in M Rated Video.
YES imo, a possibility, : If one hear the same “foul/swearing” words everyday, is one inclined to use it?
In a lot of the games I play, I have seen and heard a lot of curse words. I never use them at all. I don't think I've even came close to using them.

Playing with fire, you'll get burnt.

Proverbs 6:27 (KJV)
Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back