M Rated Games?

Is it okay for a Christian to play M Rated Games?

• Yes, it's always okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's never okay.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sometimes, depending on the game's content and if it goes against the Bible or God in any way.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for God's glory I take the time to do things I enjoy, he gives us the liberty to do so, and I praise him for it. However, I will eventually give up video games one day... Well actually, maybe not if they come out with games that blow people away. Anyone heard of No Man's Sky? Not even M rated I don't think.

This will be you later in life if you don't stop now.
uploadfromtaptalk1414178725407.jpg

This will be you later in life if you don't stop now.
View attachment 1230
Do you even realize how stereotypical that is and rude? Just because I play games that doesn't mean I'm gonna turn into a fat and lazy low life because of it. I play games for FUN. When I get to be an adult where I have to work everyday, that will definitely change. I have a plan for my future, thank you very much.

Do you even realize how stereotypical that is and rude? Just because I play games that doesn't mean I'm gonna turn into a fat and lazy low life because of it. I play games for FUN. When I get to be an adult where I have to work everyday, that will definitely change. I have a plan for my future, thank you very much.
I believe it was a joke :p

It wasn't addressed to you and yes it was a joke. Loosen up.

I've given up many things before. I don't really need to give up video games though because it isn't a problem for me. But thanks for your concern.

Take it from someone that has been there and done that: it is never a problem until it is a problem, and by then it is too late.

2 Cor 2:
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Will video games always lead to it being a problem for every individual no matter what?

Is it even a subject of addiction now, not content?

Whether the content is good or not, I believe we offer an opportunity the enemy of souls to influence our mind. And he is a master at it. No man is safe trusting to himself to resist temptation or false ideas.

Whether the content is good or not, I believe you offer an opportunity the enemy of souls to influence your mind. And he is a master at it. No man is safe trusting to himself to resist temptation or false ideas.

That brings up another point; is it the same in regards to movies or food?

I am very conservative. I believe we should abstain from all video games, even the ones that are "good for you." Guard the avenues to the soul, Eyes, Ears, Mouth, Touch etc..
That doesn't make sense. I respect your opinion but if you are calling all video games a sin (which you didn't) then that is wrong. There are (very few) but some Christian games out there for people to play. The Bible Game was a game I got for the PS2 and it was great.

That brings up another point; is it the same in regards to movies or food?
In essence, you are asking what would constitute basic needs? When Jesus quoted the below verse, He pretty much covered what the basic needs are. In fact, our life is more than those..

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

1 John 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
There's a difference between liking something and loving something. Consider that. You also are saying that we can't love anything in the world. The Bible was created in the world. Am I not supposed to love that too? The verse means something different than what you are taking it. He is saying that anything apart of the world that is sinful and will lead you astray, stay away from it. Which brings us to this topic. Video games doesn't lead me astray. That only happens when you are too addicted to them and it has a giant affect on you.

In essence, you are asking what would constitute basic needs? When Jesus quoted the below verse, He pretty much covered what the basic needs are. In fact, our life is more than those..

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Indeed. But to worry about certain things like taste in clothing versus just having a certain taste and not letting it consume you are different things.

Indeed. But to worry about certain things like taste in clothing versus just having a certain taste and not letting it consume you are different things.
I completely agree! That's why I would say, there is no way to look at these things are right vs wrong.. There is no way to put a boundary to say anything beyond this is wrong. because there is no boundary! We are called to glorify God.. Is it better not to have even a taste for clothing? So that you can direct those thoughts for the glory of God by praising and worshipping him? Sure! But does that make the converse true? Does that make having a taste for clothing wrong? No!! So instead of looking right vs wrong, we should look at focusing on glorifying God.. When we do that, the Holy Spirit will teach us whether we are doing something in moderation or not.

That doesn't make sense. I respect your opinion but if you are calling all video games a sin (which you didn't) then that is wrong. There are (very few) but some Christian games out there for people to play. The Bible Game was a game I got for the PS2 and it was great.

Thanks SBG. I am definitely not calling all video games sin. But every word influences the mind. The frontal lobe is where we make our moral decision. Video games by its very nature passes the temporal lobe and goes straight into your "subconscious." In other words, it bypasses your filters and what you do not use in your brain(the frontal lobe in this case) becomes weaker. We essentially give the author of the video game to implant his ideas into our mind. By beholding, we become changed.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 2:18

Thanks SBG. I am definitely not calling all video games sin. But every word influences the mind. The frontal lobe is where we make our moral decision. Video games by its very nature passes the temporal lobe and goes straight into your "subconscious." In other words, it bypasses your filters and what you do not use in your brain(the frontal lobe in this case) becomes weaker. We essentially give the author of the video game to manipulate our mind. By beholding, we become changed.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Cor 2:18
I agree with this only when there is an addiction involved. If you play them in moderation there is no affect on you at all.

Like Adam and Eve in Eden, all it takes is 1 bite;) When eternal salvation is at stake, I do not even want to touch it. God Bless.
So if I play video games. My eternal salvation is at stake? Again, your theory doesn't make any sense. The only time eternal salvation is at stake is if you don't accept Jesus Christ as our Savior and believe that he died on the cross and confess our sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back