Lust

Bible verses? I don't really see how it can be clear because it's never talked about in the Bible.
God condemns every form of sexuality that is not within his original plan for marriage. Adultery, fornication, and all types of perversion. Its VERY clear what sex is for, and who it should be done with. Its for a man and a woman who are married. Not a man and a man, not a man and another woman, and I would go so far as to say not between a man and himself either.

But that's how I see it.

God condemns every form of sexuality that is not within his original plan for marriage. Adultery, fornication, and all types of perversion. Its VERY clear what sex is for, and who it should be done with. Its for a man and a woman who are married. Not a man and a man, not a man and another woman, and I would go so far as to say not between a man and himself either.

But that's how I see it.

I'm inclined to agree with you but I just can't make that jump for whatever reason.

what do you think Grace is?

and are we saved by work or by Grace?

if you have accepted Jesus into your life and believe in Him, you are SAVED!

don't get me wrong, I am not saying just because we are saved by faith, we can just do whatever we want, we still have to give an account to the Lord on the judgement day, but whatever you do, it should not impact on your salvation, unless you turn your back on Jesus and denies Him and refuse to turn back.

I don't think your advocating Gay anything.

Stay the course.

Okay so here is my situation.

I absolutely 100% am waiting for marriage. Meaning no dating, no masturbation, no nothing.... except, I struggle with lust.

I have long been a masturbator, and when I got converted I cut down, but never fully stopped. I stopped off and on for periods of months or weeks, and the last time I did it was 6 days ago. But the problem is that the Holy Spirit has convicted me it is sin, and everytime I do it I pretty much agree that I am going to hell for certain. I pray and cry, and ask for forgiveness. Then I quit doing it, but every day the lust comes and it comes strong. Masturbation is just so attractive to me, because I can look at any woman I want, and feel pleasure. But it's so dangerous and sinful, and I can't call myself a Christian if I do it.

So now I just need help staying away. The Bible says to walk and live by the spirit, but it's so hard when my mind is full of lust!

Is this a demon? Can it be exorcised?

Or am I just not a Christian? I know that is a ridiculous question, of course I am, but why am I so lustful?

Brother, it would be great to be completely free from lust, but that is simply not going to happen until our transformation/resurrection. If you have a normal human body, you will be tempted. As simple as that. Also, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior with all your heart, I am 100% sure that you won't go to hell because of this. The blood of Jesus cleans you from all sins. Try not to sin, but if you sin, just ask God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ.

Brother, it would be great to be completely free from lust, but that is simply not going to happen until our transformation/resurrection. If you have a normal human body, you will be tempted. As simple as that. Also, if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior with all your heart, I am 100% sure that you won't go to hell because of this. The blood of Jesus cleans you from all sins. Try not to sin, but if you sin, just ask God for forgiveness in the name of Jesus Christ.
Thanks brother!

what do you mean?

I keep sensing this hostilities from some of your here for some of the comments I have made in the gay marriage thread?

if you don't like something I have said, feel free to disagree

but I prefer people to says things directly to my face rather than being passive aggressive.

I am always aggressive. Get P.M's from mods at times with warnings and told to turn it down a notch.

There is nothing ever posted on this forum that has prompted me to give a disagree, or a dislike. Not one time. In fact, I have never clicked the disagree or dislike on anyone, ever.

So, It is amazing that you might believe I might not agree with you.

Even if I did not agree with you, why should you care?

I am pretty blunt with everything and if you did not get a blunt statement from me, then I doubt I disagree with you. Even If I did not agree with everything you said, I would need you to give a scripture in wrong context to even respond.

Anyway, don't fret over who agrees or does not agree with you. It is a forum, and there would be no need to take anything personally.

I am not really bothered when people disagree with me.

I just don't like it when I perceive people resort to sarcasm or mocking.

but I guess that was not what you were doing.

Nope, was not doing that, but you might want to check yourself if you are scanning for folks in some defensive mechanism, thinking they may put you down. This could be a sign of a character flaw in you. It's like being suspicious of people all the time or their true intentions. You don't want to think that of folks, and even if they are being butt like, it should not bother you at all.

Don't wear your feelings on a sleeve so to speak.

Some have accused me of putting them on their my ignore list when I have never thought to do that or ever done that. It makes me wonder though why they would even care. It shows an insecurity on their part, and we don't want to be like that.

Be strong.

blessings.

Well I could be wrong about everything. I'm just waiting till I leave my father and mother to become one flesh with another. I also don't believe arranged marriages are Biblical.
:confused: that would mean 90% of Christian marriages in India are not Biblical.. It would also mean my marriage is not Biblical.. Also most of the OT saints marriages are not Biblical!!

Okay so here is my situation.

I absolutely 100% am waiting for marriage. Meaning no dating, no masturbation, no nothing.... except, I struggle with lust.

I have long been a masturbator, and when I got converted I cut down, but never fully stopped. I stopped off and on for periods of months or weeks, and the last time I did it was 6 days ago. But the problem is that the Holy Spirit has convicted me it is sin, and everytime I do it I pretty much agree that I am going to hell for certain. I pray and cry, and ask for forgiveness. Then I quit doing it, but every day the lust comes and it comes strong. Masturbation is just so attractive to me, because I can look at any woman I want, and feel pleasure. But it's so dangerous and sinful, and I can't call myself a Christian if I do it.

So now I just need help staying away. The Bible says to walk and live by the spirit, but it's so hard when my mind is full of lust!

Is this a demon? Can it be exorcised?

Or am I just not a Christian? I know that is a ridiculous question, of course I am, but why am I so lustful?
It does not define whether you are a Christian or not.. we are saved only by faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.. We are not justified by our works.. But only through faith..

Is this a demon? No, it is just flesh! Nothing more.. As many have said, we should learn to walk in the Spirit and not in flesh.. Can we achieve it perfectly? Bible says, he has made us over comers.. So in a way yes.. But has anyone ever accomplished it? I don't think so..

You have opened up frankly.. And you are very young.. Is it a struggle for other men in this website.. Absolutely! For each and every one.. The level of success everyone would have had over their flesh would vary.. But everyone would have fallen after being saved.. If not masturbation, they might have given into some other form of lust.. The most important thing is, coming back to Christ every time and pray like how David prayed..

Create in me a clean heart, O Lord.. Renew a right spirit within me.. Cast me not away from your presence.. Take not away your Spirit from me..

This has been my prayer every day for quite some time now.. There is also a classical hymn with these verses. Amazing.. Often end up in tears when I sing this, thinking of my sinful ways and disobedience to Him..

I think many people stand on the promises of God on how he has made as over comers and how sin has no authority over us.. Which I agree 100%.. But I find the most appropriate way to approach Lord is with a broken and contrite heart..

I think many people stand on the promises of God on how he has made as over comers and how sin has no authority over us.. Which I agree 100%.. But I find the most appropriate way to approach Lord is with a broken and contrite heart..

If you have blown it, and need something from the Lord as a heart that sins has little confidence in God.

God is more pleased, if we speake his word over something with confidence, being his children, mimicking him which pleases any father. Just as the centurion said to Jesus. Speak the word only and my servant shall be healed. This really impressed the lord .

If you have blown it, and need something from the Lord as a heart that sins has little confidence in God.

God is more pleased, if we speake his word over something with confidence, being his children, mimicking him which pleases any father. Just as the centurion said to Jesus. Speak the word only and my servant shall be healed. This really impressed the lord .
Yes I agree.. We should approach the throne of grace with confidence and hope.. Which is what Word says.. The faith is in the Lord that He will certainly forgive and help because of finished work on cross.. That is on God's part.. But what about our heart.. Are we going to the throne with a broken heart, realizing our sin.. Only when realize the fullness of sin, we can appreciate the redemptive work of God..

Yes I agree.. We should approach the throne of grace with confidence and hope.. Which is what Word says.. The faith is in the Lord that He will certainly forgive and help because of finished work on cross.. That is on God's part.. But what about our heart.. Are we going to the throne with a broken heart, realizing our sin.. Only when realize the fullness of sin, we can appreciate the redemptive work of God..

18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted,he is able to succour them that are tempted.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Faith types used this for years to put a demand on the word and God. This actually pleases God to have that much confidence in him and his word..........

However....

If we examine the context, we are to come boldly demanding help, instead of committing a sin.

Is you do sin afer this authoritive access to get help is ignored, then best to be of a broken heart like you said..

Lust in the word does not mean bad. It means your own thing. Which can be bad, even if it looks good and scriptural.

While I agree we should not allow Satan to torment us with guilt, I think it is good to be convicted over our sin. I don't think we should ever get comfortable with sin or simply pray and brush it off. It should break our hearts and drive us to Christ, where forgiveness and restoration await. But like Paul said, we should not just keep sinning to experience God's grace--we should be transformed and purified by His grace.

I commend you for seeking help like you have, I think it is very important. Confessing our sins to one another, getting them out in the open, removes a lot of Satan's ammunition.
You hit the nail on the head man. And btw you helped me out personally through your reply (I read all of them). Thank you and God bless you.

So earlier today I saw a picture that was sort of illicit. I tried going to sleep but my body was so aroused and I couldn't get the images out my head. I prayed, and cried out. Struggled for about an hour, and the feeling was still there.

I gave in. Sorry guys, don't know what to say... I wish I didn't, but I did.

Such a shame because I was on a roll. Not anymore. :(

Some of the side effects of sexual repression as observed in human beings include lack of self-confidence, low self-esteem, depression, suicidal tendencies, and higher aggressive behavior. A child who has been taught to believe that sex is dirty and bad will often mature to become an adult who is self-conscious about his body and overwhelmed with guilt when the natural desire to breed arouses him. Adults who are restricted in their sexual inclinations will often experience frustration that can result in either suicidal actions or violence towards others.

:confused: that would mean 90% of Christian marriages in India are not Biblical.. It would also mean my marriage is not Biblical.. Also most of the OT saints marriages are not Biblical!!
Of course they are biblical, I do hope that Christian families are not being matched with non-believers, that would present a biblical problem.

I see folks who struggle with these issues (believers) and then I hear the error of there doctrines in regards to the gospel and how to walk in the truth and power of the Spirit. It don't surprise me at all that folks who don't understand true grace, but have been taught this mixture of law and grace, struggle with issues of lust. The strength of sin is the law! The law produces sinful lust and desires! Of course those who have not died to the law are going to have lust issues! They are in bondage to sin, because that's what the bible says...don't be surprised! Learn the true gospel and be set free from sin and lust!

Repressing sexual thoughts is extremely unhealthy and very well documented, I would advise against it. If an institution advocates auch things then they are simply interested in asserting total control over people.

For goodness sake, just do some quick research to find out the damage it can do to you.

Repressing sexual thoughts is extremely unhealthy and very well documented, I would advise against it. If an institution advocates auch things then they are simply interested in asserting total control over people.

For goodness sake, just do some quick research to find out the damage it can do to you.
Come on Tubby, the folks that make up this stuff are perverts themselves looking to justify their own lust.

Back