Love One Another

Matthew 5:43-48
Ye have herd that it hath been said, Thou shalt Love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, LOVE your enemies, BLESS them that curse you, DO GOOD to them that hate you, and PRAY for them which despitefully use you and persecute you; that you may be children of your Father which is in Heaven: For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust. For if ye Love them which love You, WHAT REWARD HAVE YOU? Do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute YOUR BRETHREN ONLY, what do ye more than others? Do not even the publicans so? Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Proverbs 15:1
A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievious Words stir up anger.

Proverbs 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of the Fools poureth out foolishness.

James 3:9-10
With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, WHO have been Made In God's Likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. MY brothers and sisters, this should not be

James 3:13-16
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.
But if you harbor Bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such "wisdom" does not come down from Heaven, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, There you will find disorder and every evil practice.

Mark 11:24-25
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe you have received it, and you shall have it. AND when you stand praying, if you hold Anything against Anyone, FORGIVE them, so that your Father in Heaven may forgive you your sins.

Love is the greatest commandment in the Bible.

You are right! Sad part is that many do not walk in the Love that Jesus commanded. Its not easy, but we all have to watch our tones, attitudes and words. Forgiveness is a huge part of love also. And if not applied to our life we are not walking like Jesus commanded.

Say loving things.
It is easy to be critical, everyone can be a critic.
It seems its harder to love.
But this should not be so. We can all greet each other and give them a smile and hug. I wish people would do this more. Sometimes when walking around, many people just pass by without even an acknowledgement. But you notice children, they will come up to people they never met before, instincitvely knowing they will be kind people, and smile and say hello. It is cause they are taught not even by their parents to do this? But their Heavenly Father.

We must be like children to enter the Kingdom, completely trusting in Him. There are laws against all kinds of things, but no law against love.

Reactions: Juk
Well, maybe not hug but a wave or eyebrow raise.

This is a friendly forum! Well meant to be.
I dont argue with my friends...and constantly point out what they do wrong. If did that all the time I wouldnt want to be friends with them!!! And they wouldnt want to be friends with me. Remember Judas always going on about Mary wasting her money with her oil to Jesus. He couldnt see she was being loving.

Reactions: Juk
Yes, we do not live in love enough. Most of us just runs through the motions of conducting "things" according to normal and get through it.
So, we are slacking again. Love is a daily lesson - we need to get it sometime.

What do you do for loved ones that have passed on? im just wondering about this.
I suppose carry on their legacy as a memorial.

Most people make gardens on their loved ones gravesites, or maybe a simple plaque and quote and a stone to mark them, but it seems we not allowed to do this anymore...

I guess Jesus said to tell people and spread the gospel after he left. And also eat and drink to remember him. I think we need to remind ourselves to keep carrying on Jesus legacy. Even though he not with us in person, He is with us in spirit.

Although making a garden is something Jesus would have liked. he was very much into nature and Gods creation, like he said notice the lilies of the field...talked about tending grapes, olive trees, etc.
also, since he was a carpenter....and he loved boats, making an ark would be a cool memorial.

Aside from just being kind in general and not arguing over petty things that we can just read in the bible ourselves stuff like that we ought to know already!!!

Sometimes I would donate to a charity they supported instead of flowers. Or carry on something they started in life...eg my friend was training to be a school teacher. I thought of her as I studied, and volunteer for helping in schools.
On her birthday I do some of the things she enjoyed doing when she was alive on earth. I miss her, but know we will meet again. She tragically went missing.

I know many widows visit their loved ones graves. Sometimes they talk about their spouses to me, they must miss them a lot. Like a song theyd hear and it reminds them of their loved one. I think they get lonely. The believing ones know they are at rest with Jesus though. When they pass on they know their bodies going to be buried next to their spouse.

Sometimes I would donate to a charity they supported instead of flowers. Or carry on something they started in life...eg my friend was training to be a school teacher. I thought of her as I studied, and volunteer for helping in schools.
On her birthday I do some of the things she enjoyed doing when she was alive on earth. I miss her, but know we will meet again. She tragically went missing.

I know many widows visit their loved ones graves. Sometimes they talk about their spouses to me, they must miss them a lot. Like a song theyd hear and it reminds them of their loved one. I think they get lonely. The believing ones know they are at rest with Jesus though. When they pass on they know their bodies going to be buried next to their spouse.

That is awful about your friend! I am so sorry. My mom has my dad's chair with his hat and such...and i thought about taking over my dad's blog, but i think that God doesn't want me to do that...so i just leave it alone.

I had a friend who's dad died and he still keeps his shoes.
I don't have anything like that but I do keep my friends letters to me, and photos. Sometimes I write just to sort out my memories. It was very hard because as she didn't really have a funeral, and the family were in such shock, I didn't really have anyone to talk to. One of my elders then told me to give my burdens to Jesus and that helped. Some kind christians prayed for me.
One of my other friend who's dad died last year, we going to visit his grave one day. She wasn't sure if he was a firm believer, like she is, they had grown up in the church, but, when I met him he was always friendly.

When my grandad died my brothers got his mandarin trees he used to grow at home. They planted them on their property.
I don't really do much to remember about my two grandmas although I was closer to my mum's mum than my dads. My grandma was quite traditional (chinese) so taught me how to do things like make special food and crochet. She used to make me crochet hats, and when I also learned tai chi from her (I don't do that anymore though).

When we awake at the resurrection I'm sure that I'll know plenty of people. So, am not afraid of dying. Jesus will gather us together.

Back