Love Among People -- What Isn't It? What Is It?

Well what about Jonah... it was more than obvious that he did not want to preach to the people of Ninevah, he hopped on a boat the other way. That was Jonahs free will..but God ✴made✴ a fish swallow him up and set him back on the right path...

Another thing I noticed, when Abraham lied to abimelech He went to abimelech and not Abraham for his own sin..that I don't get, and David when he sinned God dealt with Him personally,and he was a king..Abe was not.

IDK, God certainly doesn't deal with people the same : / yet He isn'tpartial.... idk
You're exactly correct. Abraham was His and Abraham, in his day, had protocol rules when dealing with kings - you surrendered or died defending your rights. Abimelech wasn't God's so God dealt with him accordingly. Jonah was God's and He wanted Jonah to do the right thing. FYI his tomb was just destroyed by ISIS in Mosel - anchient name for Ninevah...

If love is limited, it means there is a condition.

The two ideas cancel one another.

We have to just accept that God is not going to love without any reservations. If that were true he'd forgive all without Jesus, including every fallen angel.

This relentless desire to have unconditional love is a human construct to try and make themselves feel good when they feel bad. It is to counter shame. Shame is a valid feeling and is needed. To try and cover it up and say well I can do whatever I please and God will still love me is error at the least, heresy at worst.

This is just as error filled as the blanket statement that God never changes. It is just not scripturally supported.
Really it's not a contradiction. God loves everyone, but not every loves God. He allows them to make their own choices and let's them live with it, Christians and non-Christians. This is why there's a judgment day for all, Christians and non-Christians. God's love is unconditional but one must accept His love to make a difference. Accepting His love is to trust Him and His ways. It's a cause-and-effect issue, not a conditional issue. (y)

Really it's not a contradiction. God loves everyone, but not every loves God. He allows them to make their own choices and let's them live with it, Christians and non-Christians. This is why there's a judgment day for all, Christians and non-Christians. God's love is unconditional but one must accept His love to make a difference. Accepting His love is to trust Him and His ways. It's a cause-and-effect issue, not a conditional issue. (y)

Sorry, if you destroy something utterly because they did not select the right course of action; it is NOT unconditional love.

It would NOT matter to someone under unconditional love what you did or did not do. They would still forgive you as they loved you.

NO ONE does this. Not even God.

I know everyone wants to believe in it because it eases their minds. The feel good God syndrome. When he says I will repay transgressions, I am a jealous God and will send you to death if you do not place faith in him; he has monumental conditions.

But I do agree with you on that Tez, when it comes to loving Him back we do make feeble ,pitiful attempts... I know I do.

and we are dumb if we reject, his sacrifice...
no one else has done that for us ...

not zeus, Aphrodite, or all the other "gods/goddesses" just Jesus the one true God.

good answer.

Sorry, if you destroy something utterly because they did not select the right course of action; it is NOT unconditional love.

It would NOT matter to someone under unconditional love what you did or did not do. They would still forgive you as they loved you.

NO ONE does this. Not even God.

I know everyone wants to believe in it because it eases their minds. The feel good God syndrome. When he says I will repay transgressions, I am a jealous God and will send you to death if you do not place faith in him; he has monumental conditions.
Ok...

Rom 10:12-13 KJV - 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Choice, not condition...

Ok...

Rom 10:12-13 KJV - 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Choice, not condition...

And if you do not? What is the consequence?

If he loved unconditionally we would not HAVE to call.

He'd just forgive. No hoops, no words, no change of lifestyle, nothing at all.

Because we MUST change, that is a condition.

And if you do not? What is the consequence?

If he loved unconditionally we would not HAVE to call.

He'd just forgive. No hoops, no words, no change of lifestyle, nothing at all.

Because we MUST change, that is a condition.
Circular argument... I'm done.

God describes Himself as "love" ...God proves the nature of His love is that which loves us while we are yet sinners...He also knows that when He Loves us and we receive that love, it will change our nature unto a nature like unto His own. We can only love God, because He first loved us when we did not deserve it...just as The Lord Jesus said...those who are forgiven much, love much and those who are forgiven little, love little...Love alone fulfills the commandments and that love is based upon the grace of God that we receive and do not earn.

Back