Living Water

Many within the church of today have forsaken the Lord Jesus Christ. They may have a form of godliness, and they may even be fully involved in religious activities, but they deny and reject Jesus Christ by their lifestyles. They have even made idols for themselves in the form of public figures, sports, TV, games, possessions, houses, cars, careers, personal intellect and appearance, leisure activities, entertainment, and/or sinful pleasures, etc. And, so Jesus Christ is barely on their radar, forgotten altogether, or else he gets only an occasional passing nod here and there.

They run their own lives, and don’t inquire of the Lord or submit to his will for their lives unless they are in trouble, and then they expect him to come through for them. They have forgotten the Living Water which springs up like a fountain within those who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior, and they have chased after what can never satisfy. Some of them may have never truly trusted Jesus Christ with their lives, while others have, but have since wandered away and have gone after the things of this world. So, Jesus is calling for them to turn from their sin and their idols, and to surrender their all to Him.

Living Water / An Original Work / November 21, 2013
Based off Various Scriptures

My people have forsaken Me,
Their Savior, who died on a tree;
Made idols, and they worshipped them;
So empty, they will ne’er fulfill.

Lord, You are the hope of Your chosen ones.
Those who turn away from You will be shamed;
The Spring of Living Water left behind.

Living Water satisfies.

The thirsty, let them come and drink;
Believe in Jesus as their King;
The gift of Jesus given them,
So they will never thirst again.

Indeed, the Living Water flows within.
It springs up like a fountain cleansing sin.
Eternal life in heaven promised them.

Living Water glorifies.

Oh people, won’t you come to Him?
Obey Him and repent of sin.
Let Jesus come and live within.
Surrender all your life to Him.

My people, won’t you turn your hearts to Me?
Forsake your idols and then you’ll be free.
Won’t you come now to Me on bended knee?

Living Water sanctifies.

Back