List of Books [with author] You Enjoy!

The last one I purchased was a manga copy of Chasing the Dragon about Jackie Pullinger's ministry in Hong Kong. I gave it to the school though as I'd read Crack in the Wall which I do recommend.

I have some others I'm meaning to read which I might post later, and give you the link to our church library that you can see what we have.

The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan is a classic that has stood the test of time.

I would also recommend The Temple and The Country Parson both by George Herbert.
I just bought this book last week. This copy contains both books. Haven’t had a chance to look at it yet, but I’m heartened to see your recommendation here.

Just finished “The Incarnation” by
Saint Athanasius of Alexandria.
A volume in the Popular Patristics series published by St Vladimirs Seminary. It lays out the theological vision of Christ defended at the councils of Nicaea and Constantinople. This volume has a great forward by C.S. Lewis that is nearly worth the price alone.

The last one I purchased was a manga copy of Chasing the Dragon about Jackie Pullinger's ministry in Hong Kong. I gave it to the school though as I'd read Crack in the Wall which I do recommend.

I have some others I'm meaning to read which I might post later, and give you the link to our church library that you can see what we have.

The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan is a classic that has stood the test of time.
My wife turned me on to Chasing the Dragon back in '85 when I was chasing her lol.
I also love Holy War by Bunyan.

If you like biographies/autobiographies, I think you'll love this one, Bruchko. It's about Bruce Olsen, missionary to a newly discovered people, the Motilone, who no one had ever met (and lived to talk about it anyway) before 19-year-old Bruce came along, a tribe of people who were living like they were still in the stone age, deep in a jungle of Venezuela. It is such an AWESOME and AMAZING story (and so well-written) that you will probably want to start reading it first thing in the morning (because you won't be able to put it down) :)

The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis, fiction, but a VERY helpful and important read for Christians, as it concerns spiritual warfare (it will help you understand how demons tempt us, and how to far more quickly recognize their attacks for what they are). It is another page-turner as well :) You can buy it, or you can read it online or download it for free here:

--Papa Smurf

Last edited:
If you like biographies/autobiographies, I think you'll love this one, Bruchko. It's about Bruce Olsen, missionary to a newly discovered people, the Motilone, who no one had ever met (and lived to talk about it anyway) before 19-year-old Bruce came along, a tribe of people who were living like they were still in the stone age, deep in a jungle of Venezuela. It is such an AWESOME and AMAZING story (and so well-written) that you will probably want to start reading it first thing in the morning (because you won't be able to put it down) :)

https://www.amazon.com/Bruchko-Astonishing-19-Year-Old-Adventures-Christianizing/dp/159185993X
Sounds similar to the Jim and Elizabeth Elliot story, "Through Gates of Splendor".

I've been reading 'She's 12 going on 20' is a book by a christian 'mom' about her daughters. Giving advice etc.
By Kim Camp

I thought it might be useful if I'm going to be a 'mom' to girls at the girls high school where I'm covering maternity leave.

Last edited:
Agents of Grace, Daniel Darling. Best book I've read on how to Biblically, properly handle the massive political and social divisions we've had in recent years.

Back