Life-Death Curse-Blessing God is or is not in Control (long) ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't agree with Jim's interpretation of Job. He makes it seem as though God had nothing to do with Job's suffering but it was all Job's fault because he cared about his children. Job's suffering was in the plan of God and he allowed it to happen. It wasn't Job's fault, it was according to God's will.

See there is your problem brother,
It is NOT my view of things it is the truth found in the written word of God.
Brother wake up and understand God does not go around sending evil on us.

I don't believe I'm reading this!
God being in control does not mean He done it.
This discussion is getting dangerously close to forbidden fruit.
Let us just worship God as He has chosen to reveal Himself to us through nature and through scripture, and leave designer gods to the spiritually at risk.

I don't believe I'm reading this!
God being in control does not mean He done it.
This discussion is getting dangerously close to forbidden fruit.
Let us just worship God as He has chosen to reveal Himself to us through nature and through scripture, and leave designer gods to the spiritually at risk.

your twisting things again. If God controls everything like you say then it is he who does it. How can you be in total control of everything that happens and say you did not do it...

Because satan tried to be better then God..........Satan got busted. Got his butt kicked out. he then got ticked at God......He is now against God and everything God stands for.
God is Love.......satan is hate..........Need pictures too
Satan is not the father of hate, he is the father of lies. God hates wickedness and will punish every form of it.

You answered HOW evil exists, but not WHY. God wouldn't let this happen if there were no reason for it to. Otherwise he is just some idle God who doesn't care enough to stop it....

As soon as a moderator comes on line I am asking them to CLOSE this thread. There are the same few twisting what the OP was talking about. I am not going to allow this thread to turn into just another nit picking argue of opinions and watch it get lost and closed.
Be blessed

Satan is not the father of hate, he is the father of lies. God hates wickedness and will punish every form of it.

You answered HOW evil exists, but not WHY. God wouldn't let this happen if there were no reason for it to. Otherwise he is just some idle God who doesn't care enough to stop it....

Evil exists because the devil exists, and because the first adam let it into the world.
Peace be unto you!

Hi CTurtle - No, I was not in the military even though 10 years of my career was as electronic engineer for the Navy. I love world history especially military. My first exposure to reading World War history was from reading documentaries and was so shocked by the photos of the atrocities committed against civilians. What were committed were so hideous and evil that minds can not comprehend, babies, children, old and young at the hand of the enemies. My parents told me stories during the war. My dad was in Manila when the Japanese bombed the city, almost died. My Dad passed away in 1995. My Mom is now in nursing home. Up to this date, in her late old age, regardless of the multiple opportunities to accept Christ, my Mom looks at religion with skepticism and cynicism. She does not believe in a loving God. I think she just can not accept these based on her life experience.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 is one of my favorite. A verse I memorize and a verse to remind me God has a plan for me. I use the analogy of a solider for walking this earthly life. I think it is appropriate. A solider has no idea or should question the order he is given, He just have to suppress his doubt and move forward. There are lots of good sharing in this threads, lots of powerful scriptures references. I can force myself to accept what I was told has to be true - that God is just, merciful, loving and has our best interest in heart. But inside my heart, I have a hard time accepting it. I do not know what make me different than those of you who exhibit such conviction. Life goes on, I learned to compartmentize my brain not to dwell on the questions too much.

Do you think that you have difficulty accepting that God is merciful and loving because there is a lot of bad things happening in the world? I mean from what you have said, you have seen a lot of atrocities. I will be joining you in prayer for your mom's salvation. God truly loves her and desires for her to be in heaven with Him!
Blessings of peace be yours in abundance!

Again, that's how, not why.

Oh i see...yep sorry i missed it. But as i am praying about it i believe the answer is the same...when Adam sinned, he let the evil into the world. And because God has allowed for man to have a choice, there must be something to choose from. Life or death, blessing or cursing. And the other why is due to man choosing to embrace it. It was never God's plan.

Oh i see...yep sorry i missed it. But as i am praying about it i believe the answer is the same...when Adam sinned, he let the evil into the world. And because God has allowed for man to have a choice, there must be something to choose from. Life or death, blessing or cursing. And the other why is due to man choosing to embrace it. It was never God's plan.
So God lets things happen that he never planned to happen. Where is the comfort in that?

Again, that's how, not why.
The reason why is because God gave Adam authority over all the works of his hands, and Adam let it in by his disobedience, there by giving that control over to the serpent. Now Satan is known as the god of this world, and it is under his control as scripture tells us.

1Jn 5:19.. We know that we are children of God. We know that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

The thread is closed on request of OP.
Moderator message: No further useful discussion can follow in the opinion of the staff, should any member think they could contribute to the topic, please send a message to a moderator or the administrator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back