1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Life and love and why?

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Lost, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Life and love and why?

I don't feel like going into a lot of detail but I dated a girl (we'll call her girl 1) who loved god and wanted to be close to him and always talked to everybody about how she was growing in her relationship with him everyday and always talked about how she was a good christian. It was to the point that her best friend which we'll say wasn't so close to god felt like she couldnt be her friend anymore because girl 1 was always pointing out how sinful the bestfriend was being. well, when girl one was asked about grinding (a form of dancing) she said "its just the way our generation dances", on halloween, just like every other girl out there she dresses in a skimpy little outfit that would look like something you'd see a whore wearing (sorry if that word isn't supposed to be used on here, I don't know how else to say this). I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the crank that song by a rapper named soulja boy, but her and her friends sang and danced to it outside her CHURCH. I'm not gonna describe what its about, you can look it up if you want, but its deffinitly not something god will have playing in heaven.

I kind of have a question... While we dated, she always talked about god and seemed like she genuinly tryed her best to honor him in everything she did, but now that I step back and look at how she acts now, and how stereotypical it is of the average female youth now days, is she just another judgemental self-righteous sunday church goer that talks about god for show and only prays for their own benefit? or is it more likely shes young and confused and peer pressure is causing her to slip away from honoring god?

I don't really think anyone can answer my question because you don't know her, but I had to ask it because it's been troubling me the past couple days to think that the girl I fell in love with wasn't real, and her faith isn't even half as strong as she made it seem.

Or is it me? are those things really not a big deal as far as christianity is concerned? Is it ok to party and act like that while were young and I'm just overreacting? :confused:

2. Good morning Lost...

Because of her youth she may not actually know the Word, or how to apply it to her lifestyle... I made a multitued of mistakes in my youth after i was saved... But I did get into the Word, but didn't know how to apply alot of it... It took many years and blessed be the Name of the Lord He is still Helping me through His Holy Spirit...

That is another possibility, she may not be yet filled with the Holy Spirit so she has no guidance or strength yet...

It says in scripture we are in the World but not of it...

Love her as a friend, pray Gods Word for her... as well as be still in Gods presence to hear what He may have you to pray for or say to her...

We can not ignore that the things of the world pull heavily against us... We all have battles, it is for the Lord through prayer and His Word to remove the veils over our eyes that blind us...

Wait for the others to reply...There are wonderful people here with much Wisdom for your situation...

Dad Bless YOu...

3. Good answer beloved. With a young person such as this it is not surprising that she is immature in the Lord. Perhaps she needs you to help her seek God and learn His ways. The bible tells us we are to be renewed in our minds or literally to be made knew in our thoughts by believing the Word of God thru the power of the Spirit. Contrary to what many may believe one can love God and still not have been set free of all the old fleshly ways. In some this is more dramatic, in some it is a walk and grows more defined as that person learns more about Jesus.
    If you a friends and you think she is miss behaving perhaps you should tell her in a private and non judgemental way to consder if what she was doing was honoring Christ.
    Your friend and brother Larry.

4. Thank you for the replys, but I don't know. I don't understand how someone who talks so much about trying to live their life as close to god as possible can act and behave in such a non-christian way. It worries me. College is a big thing to her and its also the perfect place for satin to get his foot in the door. She always told me she wouldn't let go of god through college, but not being with her all the time and seeing how she behaves on her own has me thinking she deffinitly is. And it scares me.

I do pray for her, every night. But I can't talk to her. For two reasons.

1. Havn't talked since we broke up.

2. Shes one those types of people that will only listen to someone that shes trying to impress that day, or in that moment. Shes doesn't want to impress me so if I do talk to her its just going to go in one ear and out of the other. And the people shes trying to impress arn't going to help her any because they're so far from following gods word its not funny.

I don't even think I'd be the right person to talk to her, not with the mixed emotions, I mean a part of me misses her and wants to talk to her, but another part of me is angry and fed up and another part just wants to forget. Those don't mix to make great conversation....