Lets Talk About Zombies And Aliens In The Bible

Actually "antichrist" is a spirit.. and John taught that spirit was already at work in his time.
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Yes, there is an antichrist spirit at work in the world since the beginning, but there will come a man who embodies that very spirit, and is known in scripture as the Antichrist.

John 1:28 (NLT)
Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come.

As to the OP. You must remember that St. John was a first century fisherman who had very little experience of the world, and certainly no experience of anything we would call "technology". He was presented with visions of things completely beyong his comprehension and he did his best to describe them with terms he was familiar with.

The "locusts of the Apocalypse" may well be combat helicopters, they certainly are not grasshoppers.

Those who wished to die but could not are not zombies, they are very live people delaing with a God who is not willing to let them off the hook quite so easily. Think "Wolverine", you can be injured and suffer, but just keep on healing. A little gift from God to help the evil ones get an understanding of the suffering that they have inflicted on others.
The main point of the Apocalypse is to make it obvious even to the most hardened and blind that evil behaviors have very real consequences.

Your comment had me thinking Mitspa.. I was skimming through the news the other day.. Did you know the government is preparing for a zombie apocalypse? Even the bible talks about zombies - "During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them."

Someone who can't die? That sounds like the definition of a zombie. Now for the aliens lets take a look at the whole passage, and not use any real commentary:

The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8 Their hair was like women’s hair, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth. 9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).

It says they came down to earth, so that means they're somewhere from outer space. They had human faces, but the body of a horse? Then it says the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. My guess is these scorpion horses were riding around in helicopters during the vision. Since he saw them inside the helicopter he assumed the whole helicopter was apart of their body, but thats what came to mind when it said the wings sounded like thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

Thats my random thought for the day.. What do you guys think?

IMHO........You need to do a lot more Bible study so as to comply with 2 Tim. 3:17.

"That the man of God may be perfect (Complete), thoroughly equipped, unto all good works".

When you do some more in-depth study you will understand that John wrote in "picture language". He wrote down what he saw even thought he did not understand what it was that he saw. He described to the best of his ability the things to happen in his future but he did so in the language and pictures of 95 AD.

No zombies and no aliens!

As to the OP. You must remember that St. John was a first century fisherman who had very little experience of the world, and certainly no experience of anything we would call "technology". He was presented with visions of things completely beyong his comprehension and he did his best to describe them with terms he was familiar with.

The "locusts of the Apocalypse" may well be combat helicopters, they certainly are not grasshoppers.

Those who wished to die but could not are not zombies, they are very live people delaing with a God who is not willing to let them off the hook quite so easily. Think "Wolverine", you can be injured and suffer, but just keep on healing. A little gift from God to help the evil ones get an understanding of the suffering that they have inflicted on others.
The main point of the Apocalypse is to make it obvious even to the most hardened and blind that evil behaviors have very real consequences.

I agree.

The wishing to die IMO would be the effects of modern warfare and its ramifications such as poison gas, fire, radiation.

I can't remember the name of the movie but it had to do with Aliens in Alaska and was one of those that was suppose to be a true story. One part in the movie that got me was when some demon/alien was speaking and it was talking in old Sumerian. This thing started saying things like I am. Father. God. Even though I know the movie was fake it made me think about how this sounded more like a demon than an alien. Movie was the fourth kind.

I agree there will be a one world government. And it says these locust type creatures came down to earth. And they're torturing people so its probably these aliens vs all of the people that are left, which won't be Christians because we are raptured up

Nope.

No aliens.

Just an inability to properly divide the Word of God so that it all makes sense.

Messiah....please read Revelation 17:17 and tell me what this says to you about aliens, if anything at all?

"For God hath put in their hearts (Peoples of verse 15--Proper context) to fulfill his will and to agree and give their kingdom unto the beast until the words of God shall be fulfilled".

I can't remember the name of the movie but it had to do with Aliens in Alaska and was one of those that was suppose to be a true story. One part in the movie that got me was when some demon/alien was speaking and it was talking in old Sumerian. This thing started saying things like I am. Father. God. Even though I know the movie was fake it made me think about how this sounded more like a demon than an alien. Movie was the fourth kind.

How could a movie about aliens in Alaska be a "true" story my friend?

You'll credit the term vehicles but not spaceship? Why beloved?

Are explosions new? Is an atomic explosion new?

I tend not to agree with you here.

While in the military I shot just about every weapon that we have. The new ones in operation now are mostly expanded and re-done weapons that already were in place.

Yeah I firmly believe the alien thing is a way Satan can use to keep us occupied from learning biblical truth

Back