Let's see Your Bibles

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by HolyGround, Dec 18, 2016.

1. I was thinking of a new thread and what better than a photograph thread of everyone's Bibles.

I will attached mine, in the photograph there is a NIV missing which I keep in my car.

I have to extend special thanks to Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle for the impressive Bible on the left.

Note: I'll need to add mine at work as the file is too large to add from my phone...I shall do this tomorrow.

Siloam likes this.
  2. No thanks needed...God was the one who made everything possible. Thank you for your kind words though :)

I will post mine in a little bit :)

Fish Catcher Jim and HolyGround say Amen and like this.
  3. Here are some of mine…

upload_2016-12-19_20-36-23.png

The old one on the left is a New American Standard dating from my days in the Air Force (1975-1979). It means a lot to me and even if it is taped and wraggely, and even though an updated edition of NASB has appeared since, I will keep it.

The Next is a New International Version.

The Third is a King James from a few years back.

The Fourth is a New King James Neslon Study Bible. It was on my bookshelf in my office until I was retired.

In front, I have a Samsung Tablet with the Olive-Tree app. I usually have King James, Young’s Literal Translation, and New American Standard installed.

Not pictured is my favorite to take to church, a King James red letter in very large type. I like it because I can read it without glasses and can listen to a sermon and have the accompanying scripture right before me. Currently, this is by my bed in another house.

HolyGround, Fish Catcher Jim, Abdicate and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  4. Here's my "print" and "voice" bibles... the beat up one in the middle was my great-grandfather's, the second from the left is my Italian bible, then the One New Man Bible is a Messianic bible, the rest are interlinear, Hebrew and Greek, then my MP3 of Alexander Scourby reading. The rest are KJV.

[​IMG]

And my phone where I have many versions:

[​IMG]

Finally, my desktop (TheWord.net) where I have 30 more :)

[​IMG]

HolyGround, Siloam and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  5. CAM00158.jpg CAM00157.jpg

These are just a few of my favorite things ;)
    the white one is from when I was 5 and the other 3 are the ones I read the most (NLT, KJV, Amplified). The ones not shown are an niv, nkjv, and a new testament kjv with one of our pastor's personal notes. Then I have 3 apps with lots of different translations.

My next Bible soon to be attained is a complete Jewish Study Bible :) And I'm excited for when that day comes.

QuintusZ, Annie, Siloam and 3 others say Amen and like this.
  6. Thank you all for sharing your Bibles. (y)
    I am still having issues adding mine as the file is too large. Does anyone happen to know how to reduce an image size on a Samsung Galaxy S6 to post it here?

One can never have too many. ;)

Cturtle likes this.
  7. Yes sir
    Use a different phone/camera
    Our s4 and s7 will not go small enough and Cturtle used an old little phone to take her pictures and blue toothed them to her s7.

Go figure.....
    Blessings
    FCJ

HolyGround and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  8. I don't have another phone Jim, however I think I may be able to resize them via a website on the Internet; I'll have a go. :)

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  9. I'm sure you also checked the settings on the camera itself?

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  10. If you email it to yourself, a good email program will ask if you want to resize it first. That's what I did.

Annie, HolyGround, Fish Catcher Jim and 1 other person say Amen and like this.
  11. Very clever; I shall try and get this done tonight.
    Apologies for the lengthy delay.

Cturtle likes this.
  12. I had to laugh when I saw this thread, because I'm currently too ashamed to show anyone my bible! I recently painted my living room ceiling, and was totally confident that I wouldn't spill a drop, therefore didn't cover anything in the room. Mistake. Although I did a pretty good job everywhere else, my gorgeous (and very old) coffee table (which had my bible on it) did sustain heavy fire from white matt ceiling (non-drip...really?) emulsion:)

Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  13. Although I do understand your dismay over splattering your Bible, a Bible that is just on the shelf gathering dust is sad. One that is out and available (and read) gains character, even if it is accidentaly dripped on.

Fish Catcher Jim, Annie and Cturtle says Amen and like this.
  14. 20170617_191220.png

This was the first Bible I was given when I became born again. It was provided for me at work by a colleague. It is still my favourite Bible and travels with me to services each Sunday.

Siloam, Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle says Amen and like this.