Learning Truth.

Position, does not that mean this is where you are? Is it just a play on words and not reality? The Word does not lie. If the Word says this is where you are, than that is where you are, and it makes no difference what your physical body is telling you. You have a choice to either believe what the Word said or what your physical senses say. Notice, he did not say he is waiting for you to be sanctified, but even when we were still in our sins, he raised us up and made us sit together in Heavenly places in Christ.

Oh my.

Positional sanctification is also called our standing with God or status. We are called “saints” and “sanctified in Christ Jesus”. It is status, position or relationship with God. All believers are classified as “the saints”. Therefore, sainthood or sanctification, is not an attainment, it is the state into which God, in grace, calls sinful men, and in which they begin their course as Christians.
Positional sanctification relates to the fact that the believer has been redeemed and cleansed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We have been forgiven all of our sins and placed in a new relationship to God.

That however is different than Practical sanctification.

Practical Sanctification differs from Positional Sanctification in that Positional Sanctification is solely the will and work of the triune God, while the Practical Sanctification involves human responsibility.

Heb. 12:14 says.............................
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord” .

This Scripture stresses the pursuit of Practical Sanctification. Since we are exhorted to pursue it, then it must be the will of God for His children to do so.

1 Thess. 4:3 says...........................
“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication”.

This aspect of the believer’s Sanctification is then a matter of choice on our part.

2 Tim. 2:21-22.............................
"If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work. Flee also youthful lusts, but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart”.

One of these places me in the heavenlies with Christ because I am IN Christ and He is in heaven.
The other places me in my office, working at a computer.

Oh my.

Positional sanctification is also called our standing with God or status. We are called “saints” and “sanctified in Christ Jesus”. It is status, position or relationship with God. All believers are classified as “the saints”. Therefore, sainthood or sanctification, is not an attainment, it is the state into which God, in grace, calls sinful men, and in which they begin their course as Christians.
Positional sanctification relates to the fact that the believer has been redeemed and cleansed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We have been forgiven all of our sins and placed in a new relationship to God.

That however is different than Practical sanctification.

Practical Sanctification differs from Positional Sanctification in that Positional Sanctification is solely the will and work of the triune God, while the Practical Sanctification involves human responsibility.

Heb. 12:14 says.............................
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord” .

This Scripture stresses the pursuit of Practical Sanctification. Since we are exhorted to pursue it, then it must be the will of God for His children to do so.

1 Thess. 4:3 says...........................
“For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication”.

This aspect of the believer’s Sanctification is then a matter of choice on our part.

2 Tim. 2:21-22.............................
"If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work. Flee also youthful lusts, but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart”.

One of these places me in the heavenlies with Christ because I am IN Christ and He is in heaven.
The other places me in my office, working at a computer.

Major, where was God the Father when Jesus was on earth? Was he not on his throne in Heaven? How then did Jesus say that it was his Father dwelling in him that was doing the works? Which is it, in Heaven or in Jesus? They are both correct, God the Father was on his throne and in Christ all at the same time!!!! How can this be? It is God's Glory that allows himself to be in two worlds at the same time. What did Jesus say about himself while on earth?

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus out of his own mouth said that not only was he on earth doing the will of His Father, but he was also in Heaven with His Father!!! How can this be? It is because of God's Glory. It is what makes God one. Why would Jesus give us his Glory?

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

How can we his Church be were he is? It is because of God's Glory that he gave unto his Church. Not only are we here on earth doing the will of our Father, but also sitting on the right hand of God in Christ!!!!!!

Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

In Christianity you have to first believe in the Word before you can experience it. That is not how this world works, they say let me experience it first then I will believe it. Since God saved you before the world began, it did not do you any good until you first heard the gospel of your salvation and then believed it before you experienced the new birth. Every thing in God's Kingdom works this way, that is why knowing and believing is everything.

Major, where was God the Father when Jesus was on earth? Was he not on his throne in Heaven? How then did Jesus say that it was his Father dwelling in him that was doing the works? Which is it, in Heaven or in Jesus? They are both correct, God the Father was on his throne and in Christ all at the same time!!!! How can this be? It is God's Glory that allows himself to be in two worlds at the same time. What did Jesus say about himself while on earth?

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus out of his own mouth said that not only was he on earth doing the will of His Father, but he was also in Heaven with His Father!!! How can this be? It is because of God's Glory. It is what makes God one. Why would Jesus give us his Glory?

Joh 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

How can we his Church be were he is? It is because of God's Glory that he gave unto his Church. Not only are we here on earth doing the will of our Father, but also sitting on the right hand of God in Christ!!!!!!

Joh 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Aren't we saying the same thing?

Back