Leap for Joy

“Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.”

“But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” ~ Luke 6:22-23, 27-28​

8/2/11: Do you ever have trouble leaping for joy when you are treated wrongly? I know I do, but this is an area the Lord Jesus has been working on in my life, and it is still a work in progress. I can be ok with being persecuted and with being treated badly most of the time, for I have had plenty of time to get used to the idea, but I still sometimes get hurt badly, cry a lot, cry out in my pain, and/or get defensive when I feel I am being treated unfairly. I don’t think it is wrong to cry, or that we should not feel it when people mistreat us, or that we should never defend ourselves, but I do believe I still need to grow in this area of counting it all joy, and in being thankful that I have been counted worthy to suffer rejection for the name of Christ and for the sake of his gospel.

Leap for Joy / An Original Work / August 2, 2011

Based off of Luke 6:20-36

Leap for joy in that day.
Great is your reward in heaven.
Blessed are you who are poor;
Blessed are you who hunger now.
You will be satisfied and
You will laugh if you weep now.
Blessed are you when men hate you
And exclude you because of Christ.

Leap for joy in that day.
Love your enemies who hate you.